Conquer Club

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: All Your Base Are Belong To Us

Postby sherkaner on Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:30 pm

sherkaner wrote:About the Clickable Maps-issue:

Probably some character in a name that is somehow confusing (probably the VIRUS-territory), gonna look into it. Haven't played the map yet though, I guess I will have to now.

Slightly different even.. 1 territory had 'Advance' in the name, which confused the script, and it could be attacked from VIRUS (which is why the problem happened there). I'll have a fix within a day.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby DiM on Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:39 pm

sherkaner wrote:I'll have a fix within a day.

great. =D>
thanks
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:55 pm

the clickable maps should now work perfectly with this map.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby osujacket on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:04 pm

havnt read all the thread so this may have been discussed.

When territories have double figure numbers on them it is very hard to see the entire number. I have missed it twice on this map in the last day or so.

Please consider making the silver areas bigger so the double numbers are easier to see.

Thnx
Sergeant 1st Class osujacket

Postby DiM on Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:03 pm

osujacket wrote:havnt read all the thread so this may have been discussed.

When territories have double figure numbers on them it is very hard to see the entire number. I have missed it twice on this map in the last day or so.

Please consider making the silver areas bigger so the double numbers are easier to see.

Thnx

what? they're perfectly visible all over the map:

here's the test on the small map:

Major DiM

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:37 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, map-makers and map-players, it's time for the show you all know and love...

XML Talk!

And here's your host... Victor Sullivan!

*Waves* Thank you, thank you, oh, you're too kind. Please, please, let's get to the show :) Today we're discussing the XML of popular beta map, All Your Base Are Belong To Us, with guest star, DiM! =D> Our issue today is those nasty neutrals - where to put how much of them. It can make all the difference in a map! So, DiM, I've been playing a fair amount of 1v1s on your map, and I've noticed that the Level 3 objective is too easily defensible with those big neutral 10s on it, so I think your alternate plan was a better course of action (though I'm glad we saw how this played out). So, this is what I propose in the way of neutrals:
  • Nuke Silos/DNA Labs: neutral 4 (reduces the viability of taking all of one type for the objective, but not too much)
  • Tech Level 1 (both rows): neutral 2 (lowers the neutrals there by 1 to promote expansion into that "tech tree", as it seems to be largely neglected)
  • Tech Level 2 (row 1): neutral 4 (slows progress to Tech Level 3)
  • Tech Level 2 (row 2): neutral 3 (alternatively, the neutral values for row 1 and row 2 could be switched)
  • Tech Level 3 (row 1): neutral 4 (slows progress to the objective and to the ability of assaulting bases)
  • Tech Level 3 (row 2): neutral 3 (slows the process of holding the entire objective)
  • Bases (that are not dropped by a player): neutral 1 (helps to allow players to get a base of the type they do not have; would help the issue with 2v2 games a bit)
Also, I think we should keep the objective as the second row only of Tech Level 3, so perhaps you could clarify that on the map?

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby DiM on Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:04 am

well, i'm totally ok with that. and i'll make the graphical changes asap.

small:
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/6838/allyourbasearebelongtou.png
Click image to enlarge.

large:
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6838/allyourbasearebelongtou.png
Click image to enlarge.
Major DiM

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:22 am

Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:19 am

The above files were sent to the turtle! :)
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:24 am

thenobodies80 wrote:The above files were sent to the turtle! :)

Sweet! Thanks! :)

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Leehar on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:49 pm

I quite liked the map as it is, even with the neutral 10's. Just clarifying the bit about the objective bonus only being the bottom row of tech lvl 3 would be great
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby DiM on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:59 pm

Leehar wrote:I quite liked the map as it is, even with the neutral 10's. Just clarifying the bit about the objective bonus only being the bottom row of tech lvl 3 would be great

i made the graphic changes but the new images (see 2 posts above) have not been implemented yet.
i'll pm thenobodies to remind him.
Major DiM

Postby Teflon Kris on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:06 pm

Tech Level 3 (row 1): neutral 4 (slows progress to the objective and to the ability of assaulting bases)

Cant say I've ever tried to achieve the level 3 (row 2) objective.

I always go for the kill

And this makes going for the kill so much easier.

Reducing from 10 to 4 surely makes it easier to go for bases !!!???!!!

In a card game, it would be 10+ rounds to have enough (with bonuses) to have a good chance of going through the 10s.

With only 4 there, games will be faster, and therefore less strategic and less fun

:(

If you make the level 1s easy then that makes going first more of an advantage.

Make the DNA/Nukes harder and players go for the level 1s even more, so back to the line above.

Increasing level 2 neutrals and level 3 row 2 neutrals makes good sense though, and I like the idea of neutral bases being just 1.
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:12 am

There are more neutrals elsewhere, though, DJ Teflon, so it doesn't end up actually being easier. We'll try out this new 'formula' and see how it works in comparison to the old 'formula' - we can always go back :) It's beta time, so we might as well beta test all of our options, eh? :)

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Teflon Kris on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:17 am

Hmm - it is still easier - adding 1 & 2 to neutral en route still makes is 3 troops less.

The 10 neutral were put there because it was too easy too kill people weren'y they?

So this would be reverting back to making it easier again, then you propose potentially moving back to make it harder again.

We could be in Beta for a long time. ;)
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby codierose on Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:51 pm

not sure if the best place to post but having problems with clickies on this map
its having problems deploying on certain territorys is anybody else having the same problems
Major codierose

Postby DiM on Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:55 pm

codierose wrote:not sure if the best place to post but having problems with clickies on this map
its having problems deploying on certain territorys is anybody else having the same problems

could you please tell us on what terits you're experiencing this?

i'll pm sherkaner about this problem as he's the developer of clickable maps.
Major DiM

Postby sherkaner on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:04 pm

That's the right question. I Didn't experience the problem myself when playing the map, so it must be specific to some territories.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby codierose on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:08 pm

thanks for the quick reply cant remember the ones at the mo in a few more games will post asap =D>
Major codierose

Postby lostatlimbo on Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:39 am

DiM, I clicked on your World 3.0 link and get a "You are not authorised to read this forum."

Whats up with that? Is there like a secret foundry now? Or just a prank?
Sergeant 1st Class lostatlimbo

Postby DiM on Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:47 am

i have other projects going on and world 3.0 will be released in the foundry when those projects reach a more advanced state. until then it's available in the XiGames subforum where i asked for a few opinions.
Major DiM

Postby s3xt0y on Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:02 pm

I think there should be a nuke site in the southern part of the map if you start with the alien base in the bottom corner there is no way to stack your base and attack that site...whereas up north you can.
Sergeant 1st Class s3xt0y

Postby thenobodies80 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:34 am

It's possible to have the file attached to the thread or posted with [code] tags. (the attachment is much better ;))
Fileden doesn't work so it is not possible to access/upload the file.
Thanks

Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:27 am

Oh! Odd :-k

Here it is. Made a minor adjustment by upping Tech Level 3 row 1 to 5 neutrals and lowering Tech Level 3 row 2 to 2 neutrals.

AllYourXMLAreBelongToSully4.xml
(47.78 KiB) Downloaded 415 times

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:54 am

i see not many people are venturing in the tech 1 so i'm thinking maybe it would be worth lowering those neutrals to just 1 on both levels of tech 1.
in a fog game there's the risk of showing the opponent what type of base you have as well as clearing the neutrals for him if he has the same base as you. that's why people are too scared of the neutral 2s and 3s. maybe if the neutrals are lowered to 1 the possibility of getting a quick bonus will outweigh the risks and people will actually go for tech 1.
Major DiM

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas