The Great Lakes -- [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Gilligan on Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:31 pm

Why is Ontario worth more than the Great Lakes?
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 190
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (29) Clan Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (3)

Postby happy2seeyou on Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:47 pm

everywhere116 wrote:I think petoskey should be renamed Mackinac

And you should put in the Mackinac bridge. That would be neat. And how about in New York, you could put up the statue of liberty. Just a thought.
Captain happy2seeyou

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Samus on Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:51 pm

Gilligan wrote:Why is Ontario worth more than the Great Lakes?

The Great Lakes are 5 territories with 5 borders. Ontario is 9 territories with 5 borders. Same borders, it's just more territories.
Major Samus

Postby Big Jon on Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:31 pm

Samus wrote:
Gilligan wrote:Why is Ontario worth more than the Great Lakes?

The Great Lakes are 5 territories with 5 borders. Ontario is 9 territories with 5 borders. Same borders, it's just more territories.

But each state has some territories that do not have borders and the Great Lakes have a border on each of its territories. I would think that this would be much harder to hold then any of the others. The whole map is about the Great Lakes, it should be the center of the game.
Sergeant 1st Class Big Jon

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: The Great Lakes

Postby unriggable on Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:49 pm

WidowMakers wrote:Image

I would:
Get rid of the 'gobe grid'
Make all the army shadows the same, right now some are red and some are white.
Have the mountains go off the map, I'm thinking around pittsburg and harrisburg the mountains should continue south.
Michigan should be reduced to 4.
Illinois should be 2
Great lakes should be 4, 5 at the most
Some words have wobly letters.
Cook unriggable

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby Gilligan on Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:47 am

I meant why is Great Lakes worth more than Ontario? In Ontario there are 8 countries, you have to defend 7. In Great Lakes, there are 5 countries to defend 5.
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 190
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (29) Clan Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (3)

Postby keiths31 on Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:10 am

The new map looks great too. Although I am being picky, the area above Thunder Bay should not be named "Frances" (I think you meant Fort Frances anyway), but Fort Frances is on the American border with Minnesota at International Falls. If you want to be accurate, go with Dryden, Kenora or Greenstone.
Looks great though.
Lieutenant keiths31

Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (20)

Postby dominationnation on Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:39 am

I dont like how there are so many continents with only a bonus of one. Mabey you could combine it with some of the others and make it a bonus of 3
Cook dominationnation

Postby Unit_2 on Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:09 pm

thats better..
Private 1st Class Unit_2

Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.A, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe.
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby MR. Nate on Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:49 am

This may sound stupid, but is anyone (read, Newbs) going to make confusion if the lakes border one another, because of the bridges? Is there a way to clarify that?
Corporal MR. Nate

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby jonnybgood on Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:03 pm

pittsburgh is spelled with an h at the end, and i think that there should be a region in illinois called urbana, and not springfield. Springfield is just one of the cities located in it.
Private 1st Class jonnybgood

Postby Sargentgeneral on Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:36 pm

not to spam, but happy to see you representing! Scranton! Yay! i love the office! ok, but the map looks good. i like the idea of the ports attacking, but perhaps you should be more specific about how they can attack...ie, just the lakes or not. Also, i think the grid should go. Great map so far, should just need some tweaking before its in.
Highest score: 1910
Highest rank: 188

Battle of the bands #1 champion: ACDC
Captain Sargentgeneral

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby Evil Pope on Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:12 pm

Sargentgeneral wrote:not to spam, but happy to see you representing! Scranton! Yay! i love the office!

It's gone now.. A bit dissapointing :( .. We're always excluded.. haha.
Sergeant Evil Pope

Postby fluffybunnykins on Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:06 pm

maybe the lakes could become more powerful by letting them attack any territory they border, rather than just the ports... I mean, if you had some warships in those lakes, you wouldn't only bombard the ports, would you? Though you probably would have to go via a port to launch your own ships against forces holding a lake...
PS it looks beautiful, love the perspective!
Superman wears 'Fluffybunnykins' pyjamas
Corporal 1st Class fluffybunnykins

Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

Postby casper on Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:20 pm

everywhere116 wrote:I think petoskey should be renamed Mackinac

I second that.
Colonel casper

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas