Conquer Club

Portugal [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Qwert on Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:56 pm

Congratz :)
we (Portuguese people...) don't really like the graffics of the map... there isn't any Portuguese simbol at all.. it is a Portugal map... The portugal letters could be in the flag's colours... the map could have a flag or some portuguese simbol... and the gameplay is not very good...

Like other people say(who been from begining on development of these map)you have 2 month to say something but you dont,why?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Marvaddin on Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:43 pm

For myself, I didnt post because I was not wanting to be offensive to Portuguese people. I think they should have took a bigger part in the project... lets say I wouldnt overrun them. AND, anyway, according to the news I have posted before, I wouldnt bet it would be quenched so quickly, would you?

If its too late, then ok, but I really cant understand really whats the point having a Portugal map if Portuguese people dislike it. National symbols? Do you think that is really visible? Its in 10th plane, and its in Spanish ground. Even title is blue... how could you choose this colour instead of national colours?

Well, I dont have any powers in the foundry, in fact, Im not taking it too seriously recently (by the way, Im even getting accostumed to add maps to my never play list recently). And I think I read like 10% of this thread, but looks like you really are a bit stubborn about improve the map. But lets forget it then. If it sucks, it sucks, and isnt your fault only. Portuguese people deserved a bad map too, for being so silent. So, maybe a revamp later.

(lol, at least its not my country... maybe we can do a Scotland map in revenge, lol, with invisible national symbols over england... maybe even english symbols by mistake... Oh, and the title in Portuguese colours) :D
Major Marvaddin

Postby reverend_kyle on Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:00 am

Marvaddin wrote:For myself, I didnt post because I was not wanting to be offensive to Portuguese people. I think they should have took a bigger part in the project... lets say I wouldnt overrun them. AND, anyway, according to the news I have posted before, I wouldnt bet it would be quenched so quickly, would you?

If its too late, then ok, but I really cant understand really whats the point having a Portugal map if Portuguese people dislike it. National symbols? Do you think that is really visible? Its in 10th plane, and its in Spanish ground. Even title is blue... how could you choose this colour instead of national colours?

Well, I dont have any powers in the foundry, in fact, Im not taking it too seriously recently (by the way, Im even getting accostumed to add maps to my never play list recently). And I think I read like 10% of this thread, but looks like you really are a bit stubborn about improve the map. But lets forget it then. If it sucks, it sucks, and isnt your fault only. Portuguese people deserved a bad map too, for being so silent. So, maybe a revamp later.

(lol, at least its not my country... maybe we can do a Scotland map in revenge, lol, with invisible national symbols over england... maybe even english symbols by mistake... Oh, and the title in Portuguese colours) :D

telvannia might get mad, but go for it.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby gimil on Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:16 am

Marvaddin wrote:If its too late, then ok, but I really cant understand really whats the point having a Portugal map if Portuguese people dislike it. National symbols? Do you think that is really visible? Its in 10th plane, and its in Spanish ground.

I didnt (and still dont) want the pictures in hte map. That was what the community wanted.

Marvaddin wrote:Even title is blue... how could you choose this colour instead of national colours?

believe me i tried to use the flag colors. but do you think that hte portugese would be happy with there flag in paste colors? they were to strong to included. Blue was my last option but it was the only color i could realisticly fit

Marvaddin wrote:And I think I read like 10% of this thread, but looks like you really are a bit stubborn about improve the map. But lets forget it then. If it sucks, it sucks, and isnt your fault only. Portuguese people deserved a bad map too, for being so silent. So, maybe a revamp later.

Maybe you should read the full thread before passing judgement. I find it offencive and disrespectful to come in here once a maps complete and and bad mouth the cartographers work.

However a revamp is something thats came accross my mind becasue portugal was my 1st exprience with photoshop and im not 10x better. Maybe ill let this settle a few months and see what happens.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Marvaddin on Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:19 am

reverend_kyle wrote:telvannia might get mad, but go for it.

I was trying to convince him to still add some national art, once it would make the Portuguese guys happy... well, stubborn is a word, huh? :wink:

gimil wrote:I didnt (and still dont) want the pictures in hte map. That was what the community wanted.

:shock: Really????? Then its the first time it happened, lol. :roll:
Major Marvaddin

Postby reverend_kyle on Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:02 am

I don't speak portugal so I decided I'd translate it to english and while it was a wee bit poor quality I understood enough to get a gist of it. Sioux posted one everyone liked it.. you from brazil posted what you thought was wrong with it some agreed some argued that it'd take too much work and had already been brought up and the majority had agreed you still argued and now you argue here when you had plenty of time to voice your opinion.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby gimil on Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:02 am

Marvaddin wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:telvannia might get mad, but go for it.

I was trying to convince him to still add some national art, once it would make the Portuguese guys happy... well, stubborn is a word, huh? :wink:

gimil wrote:I didnt (and still dont) want the pictures in hte map. That was what the community wanted.

:shock: Really????? Then its the first time it happened, lol. :roll:

your attitude isnt smart or funny. you claim to have read 10% of hte thread yet you seem to know that ive been "stuborn". Besides i have ever right to be, i was the person who created the map, it was me that put hte time and effort in.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Wisse on Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:41 am

gimil isn't stubborn at all, just because 1 person says something when its quenched and he and the other people don't want it then because he is portugese he gets the right to let him change it?
and gimil has done nearly every change someone asked
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby gimil on Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:41 am

Wisse wrote:gimil isn't stubborn at all, just because 1 person says something when its quenched and he and the other people don't want it then because he is portugese he gets the right to let him change it?
and gimil has done nearly every change someone asked

Thanks wisse your support is much appreciated

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Coleman on Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:08 am

These issues would have been better brought up before final forge, after quench it pretty much falls into the 0% chance of changing category. =;
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:36 pm

Not necessarily, Mr. Coleman. ;) If errors are disputed enough, we can ask for a change, similar to various name changes that have gone on via other maps after Quenching.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby gimil on Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:04 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Not necessarily, Mr. Coleman. ;) If errors are disputed enough, we can ask for a change, similar to various name changes that have gone on via other maps after Quenching.

--Andy

there is no errors, jsut a dislike in taste.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:41 pm

My above post was more of a general statement.

--Andy

Postby gimil on Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:44 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:My above post was more of a general statement.

--Andy

so if there is dilike for the graphics by the portugal guys who show u later on then i have to redo the graphics which have been in discussion for 5 months?

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby RjBeals on Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:47 pm

I don't think it's a matter of taste, I think it's more if a detail is wrong, as in the spelling of a name. If the Portugal forum has an issue with the graphics, that's too bad.

Don't take it so hard gimil. Most of us are very happy with your map. Remember that you'll never please everybody.
Private RjBeals

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:47 pm

I think you are misunderstanding me, Gimil. I wasn't referring specifically to your map, but in general regarding all maps. If errors, confusion, broken game play, etc, is found after a map is up for Live play, we'll ask for a little rework.

--Andy

Postby Coleman on Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:58 pm

I'm careful not to get into statements I can't take back reasonably. Pretty Much 0% is not 0% all the time, it's implied that change typically won't take place though. Which I am guessing is the truth.

I don't view his map broken, the debates they want to restart already happened. So I said pretty much 0%. :)
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby RjBeals on Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:36 pm

Coleman wrote:Are you in the US? Vote for Ron Paul.

Sorry to intercept the thread, but due to your sig, I've been reading up on, and liking this dude. Screw the IRS! :lol:
Private RjBeals

Postby _sioux_ on Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:30 am

I am From Portugal but i haven´t been in the forum very often.

Every time i cam to make a game, i came to this Final Forge Forum, to see what is going on.

There is not an argument in Portuguese Forum, it´s about 4 guys talking, about gameplay and some details. Some of us don´t know how to spell Tecnic English very weel, so we relly on the ones that can to translate and put it here.

I have a diferent opinion on some subjects than my fellow Portuguese about gamePlay, i rather haver a correct map of Portugal than the "best gameplay ever".

The only things i never mencioned before, and know it´s probably to late, and other Portugueses and other are "angry" is about the blue in Portugal name letters and a flag of the country.

The portugal letters could be in the flag's colours... the map could have a flag

at one point the arguments became silly becasuse people were talking about things that were moved foward 3 or 4 weeks before, Portuguese didn´t talk much, and we are not many, but that is to us to blame.
Private _sioux_

Postby gimil on Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:49 am

_sioux_ wrote:
The portugal letters could be in the flag's colours... the map could have a flag

at one point the arguments became silly becasuse people were talking about things that were moved foward 3 or 4 weeks before, Portuguese didn´t talk much, and we are not many, but that is to us to blame.

To make the title in the color of the flag would require wither:

A. changing the flag color from there strong nature to more paste colors. Someting which i tried but decided anyone form portugal my take offence to (i would if someone tweeked the colors of my flag)

B. Revamp the full map so it was in tone with hte title.

The title was possibly one of the hardest things to color in hte map.

The portugease flag is in fact on the map, that what the picture onder the legends is.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:35 pm

reporting a bug on my own map. the bonus for algarve appreas as 3 but only gives 2

ill PM lack asap

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:42 pm

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:51 pm

**FIXED**

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Forza AZ on Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:53 pm

Found a few mistakes in the map:

-On the map the bonus for Ilhas is 4, in the XML it is 3.
-On the map Leiria and Setubal don't connect, in the XML they do.
Highest score: 3130 (9 July 2009)
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby _sioux_ on Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:29 pm

the Leiria and Setubal.. what about don´t change it?
It gives a little more to the game in gameplay don´t you think?

it´s a bug, but let´s think what is beast in the board, what more experiente players think about this gameplay?
Private _sioux_

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas