Conquer Club

Portugal [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby gimil on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:59 am

hahahaha thats excellent
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby TMG26 on Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:42 am

Marvaddin wrote:
Coleman wrote:FOUNDRY NEWS
PORTUGAL - Clicky
Start Date: April 8, 2007
Creator: gimil

A map of Portugal, the country. It does a decent job of staying true to the indigenous names of areas. Currently the map is being held up by comments about the circles and names touching. Nothing New

Strange, 5 days ago, nothing new and needing graphics update... now quenched? This post is to mention that we were discussing some suggestions to the maker in the Portuguese forum, even why not many Portuguese speakers have a good, fluid English.

I (and some guys, mostly Portuguese) wouldnt like to see it quenched as it is now, so, what to do? Request a revamp? Not wanting to be rude, just letting you know.

we (Portuguese people...) don't really like the graffics of the map... there isn't any Portuguese simbol at all.. it is a Portugal map... The portugal letters could be in the flag's colours... the map could have a flag or some portuguese simbol... and the gameplay is not very good...
Sergeant TMG26

Postby Wisse on Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:32 am

TMG26 wrote:
Marvaddin wrote:
Coleman wrote:FOUNDRY NEWS
PORTUGAL - Clicky
Start Date: April 8, 2007
Creator: gimil

A map of Portugal, the country. It does a decent job of staying true to the indigenous names of areas. Currently the map is being held up by comments about the circles and names touching. Nothing New

Strange, 5 days ago, nothing new and needing graphics update... now quenched? This post is to mention that we were discussing some suggestions to the maker in the Portuguese forum, even why not many Portuguese speakers have a good, fluid English.

I (and some guys, mostly Portuguese) wouldnt like to see it quenched as it is now, so, what to do? Request a revamp? Not wanting to be rude, just letting you know.

we (Portuguese people...) don't really like the graffics of the map... there isn't any Portuguese simbol at all.. it is a Portugal map... The portugal letters could be in the flag's colours... the map could have a flag or some portuguese simbol... and the gameplay is not very good...

maybe you are a bit to late? and eum there are pictures of portugal if you look good
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby RjBeals on Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:50 am

This may not be the most graphically appealing map out there, but I think it's perfect for a general CC map. I've always been a fan of the no-frill's maps. I love the original Brazil, and kinda wish it wasn't being revamped. This map just hit's you in the face - at first glance, it's obvious what all the territories / country's are, where the borders & attack lines are, and what the bonus's are.

I got some of the same criticism's for my Italy map - It didn't represent the country enough. I toyed around with adding the Leaning tower of Pisa, Mona Lisa, Roman Columns, Pompeii, the Vatican, Castel del Monte, Michelangelo's David.... but it just cluttered up the map.

Again, nice work gimil - sometimes simplicity is preferred.
Private RjBeals

Postby TMG26 on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:07 pm

but at least a little portuguese simbol could be added....
Sergeant TMG26

Postby DiM on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:11 pm

TMG26 wrote:but at least a little portuguese simbol could be added....

i don't understand it guys. you say you've been commenting this map in your portugese forum. well it's been in the final forge status for 2 months not to mention all the time it spent before the forge. why didn't you say something?
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:19 pm

i don't speak portugese but i studied italian and that helps a bit. so i went in your subforum to see what's the problem.

on the 1st of september sioux posted the updated map that was finished. that was a month ago.

then marvaddin came with a long post complaining the islands are too big and make portugal seem small, complained about the bonuses and something about the legend. then other people agreed. why didn't any of you guys come and post here? why wait a month and then after the map is quenched you come and complain? :roll:
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:32 pm

this is stupid. if you dont visit the foundry regularly then how do you expect me to solve what ever problems you have? The priorite was always the poteguse player who came in and commented. If you not happy now you have only yourself to blame

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby jako on Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:08 pm

gimil wrote:this is stupid. if you dont visit the foundry regularly then how do you expect me to solve what ever problems you have? The priorite was always the poteguse player who came in and commented. If you not happy now you have only yourself to blame

QFT

Time to retire this much loved sig of mine with a new clan.
Lieutenant jako

Postby reverend_kyle on Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:06 pm

Controversy, it's ok with any country since the map maker wasn't from that country that you're going to get some people who think it doesn't represent the country, I've gotten a bit of both with my france map, and I think since andy said quench it's too late for them.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby Qwert on Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:56 pm

Congratz :)

Like other people say(who been from begining on development of these map)you have 2 month to say something but you dont,why?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Marvaddin on Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:43 pm

For myself, I didnt post because I was not wanting to be offensive to Portuguese people. I think they should have took a bigger part in the project... lets say I wouldnt overrun them. AND, anyway, according to the news I have posted before, I wouldnt bet it would be quenched so quickly, would you?

If its too late, then ok, but I really cant understand really whats the point having a Portugal map if Portuguese people dislike it. National symbols? Do you think that is really visible? Its in 10th plane, and its in Spanish ground. Even title is blue... how could you choose this colour instead of national colours?

Well, I dont have any powers in the foundry, in fact, Im not taking it too seriously recently (by the way, Im even getting accostumed to add maps to my never play list recently). And I think I read like 10% of this thread, but looks like you really are a bit stubborn about improve the map. But lets forget it then. If it sucks, it sucks, and isnt your fault only. Portuguese people deserved a bad map too, for being so silent. So, maybe a revamp later.

(lol, at least its not my country... maybe we can do a Scotland map in revenge, lol, with invisible national symbols over england... maybe even english symbols by mistake... Oh, and the title in Portuguese colours) :D
Major Marvaddin

Postby reverend_kyle on Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:00 am

Marvaddin wrote:For myself, I didnt post because I was not wanting to be offensive to Portuguese people. I think they should have took a bigger part in the project... lets say I wouldnt overrun them. AND, anyway, according to the news I have posted before, I wouldnt bet it would be quenched so quickly, would you?

If its too late, then ok, but I really cant understand really whats the point having a Portugal map if Portuguese people dislike it. National symbols? Do you think that is really visible? Its in 10th plane, and its in Spanish ground. Even title is blue... how could you choose this colour instead of national colours?

Well, I dont have any powers in the foundry, in fact, Im not taking it too seriously recently (by the way, Im even getting accostumed to add maps to my never play list recently). And I think I read like 10% of this thread, but looks like you really are a bit stubborn about improve the map. But lets forget it then. If it sucks, it sucks, and isnt your fault only. Portuguese people deserved a bad map too, for being so silent. So, maybe a revamp later.

(lol, at least its not my country... maybe we can do a Scotland map in revenge, lol, with invisible national symbols over england... maybe even english symbols by mistake... Oh, and the title in Portuguese colours) :D

telvannia might get mad, but go for it.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby gimil on Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:16 am

Marvaddin wrote:If its too late, then ok, but I really cant understand really whats the point having a Portugal map if Portuguese people dislike it. National symbols? Do you think that is really visible? Its in 10th plane, and its in Spanish ground.

I didnt (and still dont) want the pictures in hte map. That was what the community wanted.

Marvaddin wrote:Even title is blue... how could you choose this colour instead of national colours?

believe me i tried to use the flag colors. but do you think that hte portugese would be happy with there flag in paste colors? they were to strong to included. Blue was my last option but it was the only color i could realisticly fit

Marvaddin wrote:And I think I read like 10% of this thread, but looks like you really are a bit stubborn about improve the map. But lets forget it then. If it sucks, it sucks, and isnt your fault only. Portuguese people deserved a bad map too, for being so silent. So, maybe a revamp later.

Maybe you should read the full thread before passing judgement. I find it offencive and disrespectful to come in here once a maps complete and and bad mouth the cartographers work.

However a revamp is something thats came accross my mind becasue portugal was my 1st exprience with photoshop and im not 10x better. Maybe ill let this settle a few months and see what happens.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Marvaddin on Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:19 am

reverend_kyle wrote:telvannia might get mad, but go for it.

I was trying to convince him to still add some national art, once it would make the Portuguese guys happy... well, stubborn is a word, huh? :wink:

gimil wrote:I didnt (and still dont) want the pictures in hte map. That was what the community wanted.

:shock: Really????? Then its the first time it happened, lol. :roll:
Major Marvaddin

Postby reverend_kyle on Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:02 am

I don't speak portugal so I decided I'd translate it to english and while it was a wee bit poor quality I understood enough to get a gist of it. Sioux posted one everyone liked it.. you from brazil posted what you thought was wrong with it some agreed some argued that it'd take too much work and had already been brought up and the majority had agreed you still argued and now you argue here when you had plenty of time to voice your opinion.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby gimil on Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:02 am

Marvaddin wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:telvannia might get mad, but go for it.

I was trying to convince him to still add some national art, once it would make the Portuguese guys happy... well, stubborn is a word, huh? :wink:

gimil wrote:I didnt (and still dont) want the pictures in hte map. That was what the community wanted.

:shock: Really????? Then its the first time it happened, lol. :roll:

your attitude isnt smart or funny. you claim to have read 10% of hte thread yet you seem to know that ive been "stuborn". Besides i have ever right to be, i was the person who created the map, it was me that put hte time and effort in.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Wisse on Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:41 am

gimil isn't stubborn at all, just because 1 person says something when its quenched and he and the other people don't want it then because he is portugese he gets the right to let him change it?
and gimil has done nearly every change someone asked
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby gimil on Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:41 am

Wisse wrote:gimil isn't stubborn at all, just because 1 person says something when its quenched and he and the other people don't want it then because he is portugese he gets the right to let him change it?
and gimil has done nearly every change someone asked

Thanks wisse your support is much appreciated

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Coleman on Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:08 am

These issues would have been better brought up before final forge, after quench it pretty much falls into the 0% chance of changing category. =;
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:36 pm

Not necessarily, Mr. Coleman. ;) If errors are disputed enough, we can ask for a change, similar to various name changes that have gone on via other maps after Quenching.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby gimil on Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:04 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Not necessarily, Mr. Coleman. ;) If errors are disputed enough, we can ask for a change, similar to various name changes that have gone on via other maps after Quenching.

--Andy

there is no errors, jsut a dislike in taste.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:41 pm

My above post was more of a general statement.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby gimil on Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:44 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:My above post was more of a general statement.

--Andy

so if there is dilike for the graphics by the portugal guys who show u later on then i have to redo the graphics which have been in discussion for 5 months?

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby RjBeals on Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:47 pm

I don't think it's a matter of taste, I think it's more if a detail is wrong, as in the spelling of a name. If the Portugal forum has an issue with the graphics, that's too bad.

Don't take it so hard gimil. Most of us are very happy with your map. Remember that you'll never please everybody.
Private RjBeals

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas