Conquer Club

D-Day: Omaha Beach! [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Aerial Attack on Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:16 pm

Not a huge deal - after all how many people are going to amass LARGE armies on territory: 916 German Grenadiers 2 ?

I am using the LARGE map.

If you go over into double digits here (with color blind on), the 3rd digit is cut off. Right now I have 25 armies positioned there and with BOB it only says b2. Unless my opponent checks the logs, they might not realize this isn't such a great place to attack.

Here is a link

I guess you need to move the army circle a few pixels left?
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby BeakerWMA on Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:09 pm

I think I found a fortification bug:

2007-10-11 00:06:47 - BeakerWMA fortified Easy Beach 6 with 1 armies from Dog Beach 5

I have no connection from Easy to Dog Beach and the fort was an accident...I could not fort them back.

Game number: 949236
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=949236
I am serious...and don't call me Shirley.
Captain BeakerWMA

Postby mibi on Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:58 pm

BeakerWMA wrote:I think I found a fortification bug:

2007-10-11 00:06:47 - BeakerWMA fortified Easy Beach 6 with 1 armies from Dog Beach 5

I have no connection from Easy to Dog Beach and the fort was an accident...I could not fort them back.

Game number: 949236
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=949236

its a little complicated but you fortified up around the 916th bunker into the 916th artillery and onto easy beach via the turret then up to easy beach 6
Captain mibi

Postby BeakerWMA on Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:00 pm

ahh, duh for me. I hoped it was just something I was missing.
I am serious...and don't call me Shirley.
Captain BeakerWMA

Postby Aerial Attack on Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:20 pm

mibi wrote:its a little complicated but you fortified up around the 916th bunker into the 916th artillery and onto easy beach via the turret then up to easy beach 6

I thought the Artillery turrets were Bombard only (don't know why I thought that - no mention here in the forum or on the map itself). That changes the way I plan on using the Artillery from now on.
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby Herakilla on Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:47 pm

are the artillery meant to be normal attacks and not bombards?
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby Coleman on Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:16 am

Herakilla wrote:are the artillery meant to be normal attacks and not bombards?
Yeah, they were written before bombard xml existed and then we like the gameplay too much to want to change it.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby hulmey on Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:08 pm

wow , much better colour...3 cheers for Mibi

Hip hip horrary
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Herakilla on Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:42 pm

Coleman wrote:
Herakilla wrote:are the artillery meant to be normal attacks and not bombards?
Yeah, they were written before bombard xml existed and then we like the gameplay too much to want to change it.

i learned you could advance when one guy did it to me and if we had known earlier (he didnt know either) he prolly woulda won
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby Timminz on Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:33 am

has anyone else noticed Greasemonkey not working with this map?
Captain Timminz

Postby Aerial Attack on Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:21 pm

Coleman wrote:Use this to get BOB to work:
http://members.cox.net/gyrigo/CC/conquerclubbob.user.js
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby rebelman on Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:13 am

hulmey wrote:wow , much better colour...3 cheers for Mibi

Hip hip horrary
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby mibi on Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:29 pm

I have to say I like playing this map and it turned out to balance really well. I am currently in a 4 player game in te 15th round and everyone is still alive.... you can really bunker down in those... bunkers..
Captain mibi

Postby Coleman on Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:01 pm

You can really shock people with the flyovers too. Some people can't conceive choosing to have -1 for a strategic advantage. :roll:
Sergeant Coleman

Postby mibi on Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:43 pm

Coleman wrote:You can really shock people with the flyovers too. Some people can't conceive choosing to have -1 for a strategic advantage. :roll:

I can't say that I have used them, but I am in a game where I have held just Easy beach for 2 rounds early in the game... weird.
Captain mibi

Who screwed up the ships?

Postby Dave415 on Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:00 pm

Guys-
The USS Thomas Jefferson was a Landing Ship at Omaha. The USS Texas was a BB that shelled the beaches and the Arkansas also was on shell patrol. Did no one care to open a history book before making this map?
Dave
Cook Dave415

Postby Coleman on Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:18 pm

We did what people wanted us to do at the time. We had made up names at first then someone thought we should at least include ship names that were actually there and those three won.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby oaktown on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:31 pm

yep, the decisions are made by the people who show up, whether or not they are history majors.
Captain oaktown

Postby jennifermarie on Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:47 am

Hey guys, great map, but I just noticed one small issue today. I have the colorblind setting on, and on 916 German Grenadiers 2, whenever i have more than 9 armies on there, i can't see the second number...for example, earlier i had 11 armies there, and it appeared as though there was only 1.

If you could please fix this, i'd be greatly appreciative.
Private 1st Class jennifermarie

Postby mibi on Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:26 pm

jennifermarie wrote:Hey guys, great map, but I just noticed one small issue today. I have the colorblind setting on, and on 916 German Grenadiers 2, whenever i have more than 9 armies on there, i can't see the second number...for example, earlier i had 11 armies there, and it appeared as though there was only 1.

If you could please fix this, i'd be greatly appreciative.

coleman, can you nudge that xml coord?
Captain mibi

Postby Coleman on Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:51 pm

Done and sent to lackattack.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Qwert on Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:50 pm

Dave415

Posted: 18 Oct 2007 23:00 Post subject: Who screwed up the ships?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys-
The USS Thomas Jefferson was a Landing Ship at Omaha. The USS Texas was a BB that shelled the beaches and the Arkansas also was on shell patrol. Did no one care to open a history book before making this map?
Dave

You Joined 19 jan 2007.Hmmmmm.
If you have something to say,why you not join in map foundry before,and help if something is wrong.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Who screwed up the ships?

Postby rebelman on Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:56 pm

Dave415 wrote:Guys-
Dave

if the names were ever changed to fix this what names would you suggst instead. although as the entire map is upside down and they refused to fx that huge error prior to quench the odds on this mistake being fixed are slim enough unfortunately around here accuracy and reality tends to lose out to what looks better :(
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

D-DAY... and other map improvement ideas...

Postby timthetuneman on Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:40 pm

I think i have probably played more D-DAY games than anyone else (1,000 games)... and I have some GREAT improvements to this map that i IMPLORE you to consider... There is a HUGE PROBLEM with this map... the first player has a HUGE advantage... Here are 3 ideas to fix the problem...

1- In a 2 man game... this map gives 24 territories to each player for 8 armies... this is a HORRIBLE for the 2nd player... All the 1st player has to do is take ONE territory to reduce the 2nd player to 7 armies... PLEASE REDUCE THE NUMBER OF TERRITORIES BY TWO... this will eliminate this easily repairable problem...

2- The NEGATIVE ARMY penalty is just stupid... logically... you should GAIN armies from holding them... they are LIKE HERPES once you have them... can't get rid of them on your own... STUPID... get rid of NEGATIVE ARMIES... instead... GIVE a BONUS army for holding plane and parachute... here is ANOTHER reason to do it... IF one player is lucky enough to have a bonus area (continent)... it INCREASES THE ODDS that the OTHER PLAYER will have a NEGATIVE ARMY... this is TWO reasons to GET RID OF NEGATIVE ARMIES on this map... and... GIVE an army for holding plane and parachute...

3- Whoever goes FIRST... should not be allowed to collect a bonus on his very first turn... this is the most unfair of all situations on all maps... just STUPID... makes the game a BLOWOUT... and NO FUN for whoever goes second...

Repeating the obvious...

1- Reduce total number of territories by 2... This will lessen the 1st players advantage...
2- Eliminate negative armies... and instead... give a bonus army for holding plane and parachute...
3- Do not allow the first player on ANY MAP to collect a bonus on his very first turn...

Think about it... you join a game and go second... the other guy already has a bonus... he gets TEN ARMIES on his first turn and takes say 4 territories from you... you only get SIX ARMIES on your first turn... plus... you have a NEGATIVE ARMY... so you really only get FIVE ARMIES... GAME OVER...!!!!!!

PLEASE FIX THESE OBVIOUS PROBLEMS THAT HAVE SUCH SIMPLE SOLUTIONS...!!!!
Sergeant 1st Class timthetuneman

D-DAY... and other map improvement ideas...

Postby timthetuneman on Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:43 pm

I think i have probably played more D-DAY games than anyone else (1,000 games)... and I have some GREAT improvements to this map that i IMPLORE you to consider... There is a HUGE PROBLEM with this map... the first player has a HUGE advantage... Here are 3 ideas to fix the problem...

1- In a 2 man game... this map gives 24 territories to each player for 8 armies... this is a HORRIBLE for the 2nd player... All the 1st player has to do is take ONE territory to reduce the 2nd player to 7 armies... PLEASE REDUCE THE NUMBER OF TERRITORIES BY TWO... this will eliminate this easily repairable problem...

2- The NEGATIVE ARMY penalty is just stupid... logically... you should GAIN armies from holding them... they are LIKE HERPES once you have them... can't get rid of them on your own... STUPID... get rid of NEGATIVE ARMIES... instead... GIVE a BONUS army for holding plane and parachute... here is ANOTHER reason to do it... IF one player is lucky enough to have a bonus area (continent)... it INCREASES THE ODDS that the OTHER PLAYER will have a NEGATIVE ARMY... this is TWO reasons to GET RID OF NEGATIVE ARMIES on this map... and... GIVE an army for holding plane and parachute...

3- Whoever goes FIRST... should not be allowed to collect a bonus on his very first turn... this is the most unfair of all situations on all maps... just STUPID... makes the game a BLOWOUT... and NO FUN for whoever goes second...

Repeating the obvious...

1- Reduce total number of territories by 2... This will lessen the 1st players advantage...
2- Eliminate negative armies... and instead... give a bonus army for holding plane and parachute...
3- Do not allow the first player on ANY MAP to collect a bonus on his very first turn...

Think about it... you join a game and go second... the other guy already has a bonus... he gets TEN ARMIES on his first turn and takes say 4 territories from you... you only get SIX ARMIES on your first turn... plus... you have a NEGATIVE ARMY... so you really only get FIVE ARMIES... GAME OVER...!!!!!!

PLEASE FIX THESE OBVIOUS PROBLEMS THAT HAVE SUCH SIMPLE SOLUTIONS...!!!!
Sergeant 1st Class timthetuneman

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas