Conquer Club

The Fight for Alexander's Empire [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Mr. K on Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:44 pm

I've been pretty busy over the weekend and the end of last week, but i should have some more time over this upcoming week. The reason I haven't posted a picture even though I've already tested it myself is because my XML is really messed up and none of the numbers are in the right place (except for Kassander's, for some reason, which is perfect cause thats really the only place i'm concerned about crowding). I didn't want to post a picture with the numbers in all sorts of goofy places. Also I want to fix Kassander's color first so that the blue numbers aren't so hard to see.

So i'll get around to it, don't worry too much :wink:
Lieutenant Mr. K

The Fight for Alexander's Empire [Final Forge]

Postby hendy on Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:07 pm

This map looks very intresting and very well designed. It brings a very historical theme to conquereclub! I can't wait untill it comes out so I can play it!
Sergeant 1st Class hendy

Postby happysadfun on Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:42 pm

i love the map, but "india inferior" is kind of small and the words don't appear well. why not combine the two?
Cadet happysadfun

Location: Haundin at DotSco, Being Sad that Mark Green Lost in Suburban Wisconsin

Re: The Fight for Alexander's Empire [Final Forge]

Postby Iskander on Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:36 pm

hendy wrote:This map looks very intresting and very well designed. It brings a very historical theme to conquereclub! I can't wait untill it comes out so I can play it!

100% agree...

one thing though...

since my name is ALEXANDER or some of your friends' names might be ALEXANDER, could you please add the THE FIGHT FOR ALEXANDER's THE GREAT EMPIRE...i'm trying to say that there are thousands ALEXANDERS but there is only one who is the GREATest...

can't wait to feel (even for a few moments) the way the most charismatic and heroic king of all times did...

WELL DONE K!!!
Sergeant 1st Class Iskander

Re: The Fight for Alexander's Empire [Final Forge]

Postby gavin_sidhu on Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:25 am

Iskander wrote:
hendy wrote:This map looks very intresting and very well designed. It brings a very historical theme to conquereclub! I can't wait untill it comes out so I can play it!

100% agree...

one thing though...

since my name is ALEXANDER or some of your friends' names might be ALEXANDER, could you please add the THE FIGHT FOR ALEXANDER's THE GREAT EMPIRE...i'm trying to say that there are thousands ALEXANDERS but there is only one who is the GREATest...

can't wait to feel (even for a few moments) the way the most charismatic and heroic king of all times did...

WELL DONE K!!!

I agree with everything he said, especially about calling it "alexander the great"
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby cramill on Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:26 pm

It looks very good. But would there be enough room to put "Alexander the Great" on there?
Corporal 1st Class cramill

no offence

Postby chetnik on Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:11 am

No offence to all you other people who made maps, but this is I think the most beautiful map I've seen.
I REALLY can't wait to play this.
Captain chetnik

Postby Marvaddin on Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:52 pm

Sadly, this project seems abandoned :(
Major Marvaddin

Postby Mr. K on Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:54 am

Don't worry, its not abandoned. I really apologize to those who are looking forward to this map, and many thanks to those who are enjoying the looks of it :D .

Reason its been on a looong delay is, well... Summer. I love summer time and I get to see people and do things that I normally can't. So i've been using every moment of it.

But its almost over, and soon i'll have to go back to the bored-out-of-my-mind fall-winter-spring life, which means finishing this map will probably be at the top of my to do list when I got nothing better to do. Not to say I don't enjoy making maps... But, well, I don't enjoy going through XML scripts fixing tiny errors and messing with a color to make sure its visible and the other few tedious things I need to do.

So don't worry, I'll get ontop of this.
Lieutenant Mr. K

Start it up

Postby BD Juzza on Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:17 am

I think this map would be great to play on and i think it should have already been made by now so what is going on, lets see some progress people this map by far out does any other map i have played on or seen, so come lets get behind it and lets try get it under way.
Cadet BD Juzza

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:45 am

We are still waiting for Mr. K, he has been absent as of late.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby BD Juzza on Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:27 pm

From the time he has put in his last post i have come to believe he is not coming and if he does not for abit.
Cadet BD Juzza

yeah

Postby mighty_serb on Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:38 am

Hell, I'll do XML thing for him. I just wanna play this.

I mean, some maps which we can play right now (like Ireland for example) are not NEARILY as good as this one.
Where is the guy who signs and says 'yup it's ready to play?"
Corporal 1st Class mighty_serb

Postby BD Juzza on Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:42 am

I wish i could help you with that one but i am only new to the aspect of the forum's so i am still learning.
Cadet BD Juzza

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:43 am

Who knows where that guy is, but the map isn't ready yet. I contacted Mr. K, we'll see if he responds.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Mr. K on Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:33 am

Mr. K wrote:Don't worry, its not abandoned. I really apologize to those who are looking forward to this map, and many thanks to those who are enjoying the looks of it :D .

Reason its been on a looong delay is, well... Summer. I love summer time and I get to see people and do things that I normally can't. So i've been using every moment of it.

But its almost over, and soon i'll have to go back to the bored-out-of-my-mind fall-winter-spring life, which means finishing this map will probably be at the top of my to do list when I got nothing better to do. Not to say I don't enjoy making maps... But, well, I don't enjoy going through XML scripts fixing tiny errors and messing with a color to make sure its visible and the other few tedious things I need to do.

So don't worry, I'll get ontop of this.

Uh, guys... I JUST posted this message last night. I haven't abandoned it. Read the post, i'll see ya'll shortly.
Lieutenant Mr. K

Postby BD Juzza on Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:45 am

cool than, mate just i like the map and really want to play it looks great and you are doing a good job with it and just wanted to make sure you where still into it sorry
Cadet BD Juzza

Postby Mr. K on Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:47 am

Hey no need to be sorry. I'm really glad you like the map, thanks!

I just wanted to point out that I wasn't really MIA as some people were saying, as I made that post last night.

But yeah, thanks, i'm glad you like it. :)
Lieutenant Mr. K

Postby gavin_sidhu on Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:52 am

Y dont u have the black sea as a territory? and are you going to rename it Alexander the Great's empire?
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby happysadfun on Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:12 am

gavin_sidhu wrote:Y dont u have the black sea as a territory? and are you going to rename it Alexander the Great's empire?

Patience is a virtue, GavSid, a virtue that you'll never have. And neither will I! GET THE FLIPPIN MAP UP! :)
ImageChildren, this is what happens to hockey players, druggies, and Hillary Clinton.

Rope. Tree. Hillary. Some assembly required.
Cadet happysadfun

Location: Haundin at DotSco, Being Sad that Mark Green Lost in Suburban Wisconsin

Postby Mr. K on Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:07 pm

I'll fiddle with changing the title, but its already really long as it is, so odd's are it'll stay the same. But we'll see.
Lieutenant Mr. K

Postby happysadfun on Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:58 am

Mr. K wrote:I'll fiddle with changing the title, but its already really long as it is, so odd's are it'll stay the same. But we'll see.

Couldn't it just be "The Empire of Alexander the Great?"
ImageChildren, this is what happens to hockey players, druggies, and Hillary Clinton.

Cadet happysadfun

Postby Mr. K on Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:11 pm

Not really. That sort of defeats the idea of it being the fight for his empire, amongst the different generals (Kassander, Ptolomy). How about if I keep the title the same, but I have "Alexander the Great" somewhere on the map?
Lieutenant Mr. K

Postby happysadfun on Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:22 pm

Mr. K wrote:Not really. That sort of defeats the idea of it being the fight for his empire, amongst the different generals (Kassander, Ptolomy). How about if I keep the title the same, but I have "Alexander the Great" somewhere on the map?
That would work. Or you could say Alexander III.

Cadet happysadfun

Postby maritovw on Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:03 pm

you could flip the horse and move it to the right, that would give you more space to add "the Great"...

also, i would suggest shortening the name when the map is playable... what i mean is, when you are creating or joining a game, it would be too odd to have a name that long.... it could be named "The fight for Makedonia" (that was the name of Alexander's empire, right? ) but still keeping the long name in the map image
Sergeant 1st Class maritovw

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas