Conquer Club

Supermax: Prison Riot! [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Sparqs on Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:32 pm

DiM wrote:
Sparqs wrote:I like this concept - the strategy options look interesting.

Suggestion:
Guard Towers
2 or 3 towers around the yard, each with bombardment access to a portion of the yard. Perhaps call them "snipers" or some such and don't include them in the Guard bonus.

there are 2 guard towers. the ones with the one way arrows :wink:

Ah, I didn't see the arrows. There's no legend to indicate bombardment, so those might be security doors.

If they are towers with bombardment, I think giving them line-of-fire to a portion of the yard (with unbalanced distribution of gang members) would increase strategic options.
Sergeant Sparqs

Postby mibi on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:31 pm

i should also mention that each cell block has a dominant gang. but the gang members can be moved around for interesting strategies or something, lots of options here.
Captain mibi

Love it

Postby Keredrex on Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:13 pm

What about a KITCHEN / Cafeteria....Electric Chair...Chapel
Sergeant 1st Class Keredrex

Postby gimil on Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:52 am

i like the concept but im not a big fan of the layout. maby if it was rearranged a little with dirrenet sized cell blocks. have say a maximum security block with more guard and a minimun security will less? Also gameplay wise i would like to see all the guard starting nutral so give the idea that people will ahve to physically breakout.

i dont know if this is possible but can u specify how many arnies u have on a nutral territory? if so it should be about 4 or 5 to make the breaking out part more fun.
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby mibi on Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:05 am

gimil wrote:i like the concept but im not a big fan of the layout. maby if it was rearranged a little with dirrenet sized cell blocks. have say a maximum security block with more guard and a minimun security will less? Also gameplay wise i would like to see all the guard starting nutral so give the idea that people will ahve to physically breakout.

i dont know if this is possible but can u specify how many arnies u have on a nutral territory? if so it should be about 4 or 5 to make the breaking out part more fun.

thats an interesting idea, id consider it if other people are into it. but you have to factor in that the guards will be more difficult to hold if they have more than 3 armies on them. maybe the cell block guards can have 5 or something and the guards quaters can have 1 neutral.. that sounds like a good idea
Captain mibi

Postby hulmey on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:12 am

to get an instant fan base , why dont you call it Prison Break or Fox River......
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby gimil on Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:33 am

hulmey wrote:to get an instant fan base , why dont you call it Prison Break or Fox River......

copywright lol but id love to see it lol
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:34 am

mibi wrote:
gimil wrote:i like the concept but im not a big fan of the layout. maby if it was rearranged a little with dirrenet sized cell blocks. have say a maximum security block with more guard and a minimun security will less? Also gameplay wise i would like to see all the guard starting nutral so give the idea that people will ahve to physically breakout.

thats an interesting idea, id consider it if other people are into it. but you have to factor in that the guards will be more difficult to hold if they have more than 3 armies on them. maybe the cell block guards can have 5 or something and the guards quaters can have 1 neutral.. that sounds like a good idea

Have the number of armies on the guard depend on where they are. more on maximum security and like u said less of teh guards room etc
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby hulmey on Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:44 am

There is no problem with copyright at all....As long as you profit is directly made of the map its ok....
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby gimil on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:02 pm

wou;d the premium memberships not be classed as making profit thou : \
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby hulmey on Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:46 pm

No, there are loopholes and im not a lawyer...But lack said that if you as k permission to get copyright and you dont receive an answer then its no problem....

Also look at it from prison breaks or any films point of you view, more advertisement!!!

I have seen Star wars remakes on youtube with tiny budgets like $10,000. Think people make this copyright issue alot bigger than it actually is. A copyright is there to protect the interests of the company, i dont really think a map on a free games site is gonna bother them or any1
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby edbeard on Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:59 pm

the map isn't really about a prison break, it's a riot. Also, if you're going to make a "Prison Break" map then you'd need to include characters and all that. I doubt mibi wants to take this map in that direction
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby hulmey on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:04 pm

Only mibi knows what mibi wants to do. Im just putting up a suggestion and if he dont like it he wont take it on board i imagine!!!

Also theres no need to go into characters or even make it look like the actual fox river prison at all.
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby dominationnation on Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:01 pm

Ive been thinking about a map like this for a while so I have a few susgestions to add. First off Im guessing that the guards will be neutral right? I think that if you are going with the gang theme everything except the cells should be neutral. I think that you could add in guard towers so with ranged attacks. If they ever make he motion sensers than you could have the door in the yard inmpassable unless you have either the territorys with keys or enough territorys in front of the door. I think that you could add in some obbjectives. If you have the "keys" the "door" and any 10 territorys outside the fence then you win.
Cook dominationnation

Postby icemonkey on Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:40 pm

I think different security levels is a really cool idea, as well as guards start neutral, this map sounds like a ton of fun
Corporal icemonkey

Postby mibi on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:32 pm

dominationnation wrote:Ive been thinking about a map like this for a while so I have a few susgestions to add. First off Im guessing that the guards will be neutral right? I think that if you are going with the gang theme everything except the cells should be neutral. I think that you could add in guard towers so with ranged attacks. If they ever make he motion sensers than you could have the door in the yard inmpassable unless you have either the territorys with keys or enough territorys in front of the door. I think that you could add in some obbjectives. If you have the "keys" the "door" and any 10 territorys outside the fence then you win.

yeah the guards will be neutral, at least the guards in the cell blocks. maybe 5 neutrals for each cell block guard and 1 or 2 for each guard in the guard area, i dunno. there are two guard towers which can attack one way into the yard. they have the arrows. im not so sure about the keys and such, its not even possible and a bit complicated. we'll see, good suggestions tho.
Captain mibi

Postby mibi on Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:59 am

Changes:
1. added neutral army numbers to the "on-duty" guards so all prisoners start 'locked' in their cells.
2. added one 'off-duty' guard in the guard quaters, removed a blank space.
3. added two weapons in the guard area
4. increased bonus numbers
5. added 1 neutral army to the blank spaces.
6. weapons now have 4 neutrals except for the 2 in the guard area which have 3

115 territories now.

i didnt want to put neutrals on all the guards so some players could start and try to take control of the guards in the beginning, to try and restore order.

Captain mibi

Cool...

Postby Keredrex on Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:22 am

Do the Guards Get A -1 for being in the hole?.... Which kinda doesn't make sense to me.. or does the -1 apply to just the cells in the hole?

I still think you need Differing symbols for each ( shields for the guards, etc. ).... staring at the map those circles of color start to become very smiliar....
Sergeant 1st Class Keredrex

Postby gimil on Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:39 am

I think all guards should start nutral and an extra gang added. make the guards give negative bonuses. Lets the guards act as a deterent.

Also are u goingto change the layout of the map. I dont see it as important just change the size of diffirent blocks and have it less symetrical if u know what i mean.
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Re: Cool...

Postby mibi on Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:23 pm

Keredrex wrote:Do the Guards Get A -1 for being in the hole?.... Which kinda doesn't make sense to me.. or does the -1 apply to just the cells in the hole?

I still think you need Differing symbols for each ( shields for the guards, etc. ).... staring at the map those circles of color start to become very smiliar....

the -1 is just for the 5 cells, and i will put in a different circle for the guards once i do a graphic update
Captain mibi

Postby mibi on Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:27 pm

gimil wrote:I think all guards should start nutral and an extra gang added. make the guards give negative bonuses. Lets the guards act as a deterent.

Also are u goingto change the layout of the map. I dont see it as important just change the size of diffirent blocks and have it less symmetrical if u know what i mean.

i dont like this idea. I want a player to be able to play as the guards if they choose. and the map is very symmetrical. just the cell blocks are the same, it is a prison after all..
Captain mibi

Postby The Random One on Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:31 am

mibi wrote:
gimil wrote:I think all guards should start nutral and an extra gang added. make the guards give negative bonuses. Lets the guards act as a deterent.

Also are u goingto change the layout of the map. I dont see it as important just change the size of diffirent blocks and have it less symmetrical if u know what i mean.

i dont like this idea. I want a player to be able to play as the guards if they choose. and the map is very symmetrical. just the cell blocks are the same, it is a prison after all..

The problem is that, since a player's team (I believe) is chosen by the order s/he joins the game, then people won't really play as guards if they "want", they'll just end up being a guard. Oh well, maybe being pickier about your color is one of the things that the new XML features will bring about.

(Or maybe you could make it so the red player is the guards; then, if you want to play as them, you just have to start the game yourself.)

Oh, and I think you should change La Nuestra's name, it's too similar to Cosa Nostra and doesn't have the slightest Latino gangbanger feel IMO. Name it Los Carniceros or something else more vicious.
Cadet The Random One

Postby mibi on Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:43 am

why the f*ck is this is the map ideas sub forum? this is clearly a map in development.

this is retarded.
Captain mibi

Postby DiM on Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:50 am

mibi wrote:why the f*ck is this is the map ideas sub forum? this is clearly a map in development.

this is retarded.

welcome to the club. i worked many hours creating my prison map and i'm also in the ideas thread. :wink: i guess our maps are no different from the 1 post threads about human body moon brain starwars and any other idea that's been posted a million times.

:lol:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby dominationnation on Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:12 pm

Its not a big deal but the list of gangs are crooked.
Cook dominationnation

Next

Return to The Atlas