Conquer Club

Solar System ERROR FIX v1.0.2 (w/ PSD files) [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Coleman on Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:50 pm

maxdetjens wrote:
spiesr wrote:Are the army circles all the same size?
Chizon looks smaller than Greek Camp!
Same story. Although I can't find Chizon.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Dancing Mustard on Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:51 pm

So are we ready to quench this beautiful creature?
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby 0ojakeo0 on Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:54 pm

i refuse to play w/out pluto. planet or not
hecter wrote:Hey... If your donkey eats my roosters feet, that means I have two feet of my cock in your ass.
Corporal 1st Class 0ojakeo0

Postby Gilligan on Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:19 pm

0ojakeo0 wrote:i refuse to play w/out pluto. planet or not

One territory will now stop you from playing.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Aerial Attack on Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:16 pm

Coleman wrote:
maxdetjens wrote:
spiesr wrote:Are the army circles all the same size?
Chizon looks smaller than Greek Camp!
Same story. Although I can't find Chizon.

I believe he means Chiron (gray) which is next to Greek Camp (gray) and not too far away from Charon (green)

0ojakeo0 wrote:i refuse to play w/out pluto. planet or not

If you look just below Charon (green), you will see Pluto (green).
My Conquer Club Scripts | Bests: 2133, #205
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:03 am

Quenching

The Final Forge period has concluded for the Solar System Map. All objections have had their time. The Foundry and I hereby brand this map with the Foundry Brand. Let it be known that this map is now ready for live play (barring any Lack vetoes).

Conquer Club, enjoy!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Night Strike on Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:45 am

Yey......I'm the first to wish congratulations!!!!!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

So in the 8 hours I'm away from CC, max randomly reappears and the map is immediately quenched. DANG!!! (Not that I'm complaining)
Major Night Strike

Postby yeti_c on Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:07 am

Congrats Max - good to see this one finished off!!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby maxdetjens on Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:41 am

Night Strike wrote:So in the 8 hours I'm away from CC, max randomly reappears and the map is immediately quenched. DANG!!! (Not that I'm complaining)

I'm like a ninja.
Cadet maxdetjens

Postby maxdetjens on Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:47 am

So I've never organized a tournament but I think i might. A Solar System only tournament. Participants by invitation only. Invitees will be all contributers to this thread prior to this post. I'll count the posts prior to this thread and seed the first round accordingly.

This will be my way of thanking the participants of the thread.

I'm thinking the first round will be heats of of 6 man terminator with the last man standing and the next top 2 participants advancing on.

Round 2 will be teams of three as seeded by score in the first round. Bracket play. The winning team will win the "team" prize. I may even contribute a few bucks.

Round 3 will be a standard free for all with the six team members from the final game in the round 2 team bracket. one winner then takes that "individual" prize. Also perhaps a few bucks.

Objections?
Cadet maxdetjens

Postby yeti_c on Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:40 am

maxdetjens wrote:So I've never organized a tournament but I think i might. A Solar System only tournament. Participants by invitation only. Invitees will be all contributers to this thread prior to this post. I'll count the posts prior to this thread and seed the first round accordingly.

I'm thinking the first round will be heats of of 6 man terminator with the last man standing and the next top 2 participants advancing on.

Round 2 will be teams of three as seeded by score in the first round. Bracket play. The winning team will win the "team" prize. I may even contribute a few bucks.

Round 3 will be a standard free for all with the six team members from the final game in the round 2 team bracket. one winner then takes that "individual" prize. Also perhaps a few bucks.

Objections?

Hi Max,

I believe that current tournament rules state that you can't limit tourneys to set amounts of people... they should be open to everyone...

But you'd need to ask One of the Tourney directors - Optimus Prime or Steelhorse...

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby cairnswk on Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:45 am

Congrats Max....another great addition to the selection list. I'm sure everyone will enjoy! =D> =D> =D> =D>
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby rebelman on Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:16 am

maxdetjens wrote:So I've never organized a tournament but I think i might. A Solar System only tournament. Participants by invitation only. Invitees will be all contributers to this thread prior to this post. I'll count the posts prior to this thread and seed the first round accordingly.

Objections?

a tournie director will probably clarify this for you but you will have to run this tournie by creating games yourself (as private tournaments cant get privs. at the moment, also I could be wrong but I believe cash prizes are not allowed)
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby Gilligan on Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:02 am

=D>

Great job!

By the way, if you've never hosted a tournament before, you could always ask one of the organizers to help you out with it.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Aerial Attack on Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:39 am

yeti_c wrote:

Objections?

Hi Max,

I believe that current tournament rules state that you can't limit tourneys to set amounts of people... they should be open to everyone...

But you'd need to ask One of the Tourney directors - Optimus Prime or Steelhorse...

C.

I dunno, Optimus does have a (fairly large) By Invitation Only tournament he's planning on running some time soon. And, the prize for that is premium. The big thing is that it can't only be invites - you have to leave a few spots open to the public even if all your invites accept (within a 24/48 hour window). After the window closes, all remaining spaces are open to the public.

I don't believe you can give a "cash" prize per se. But, you can give/add to someone's premium OR give them credit to use in the CC shop.
My Conquer Club Scripts | Bests: 2133, #205
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby DiM on Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:41 am

congrats :D
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Dancing Mustard on Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:42 am

Huzzah! Three cheers for the Solar System!
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby Unit_2 on Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:35 am

congraz maxdetjens! good job i can't wait to play it!
Corporal Unit_2

Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.A, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe.

Postby Night Strike on Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:27 pm

Objections?

I have hosted a tournament if you want help. Besides, I'll probably be the #1 seed unless you're playing.

As far as the other mentions: the tournament will have to be public, but you can first fill most of it with invitations, and cash cannot be given out.

Also, you may want to give it a few days anyway in case some unexpected errors/complaints pop up that you have to fix.
Major Night Strike

Postby Optimus Prime on Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:33 pm

Night Strike wrote:

Objections?

I have hosted a tournament if you want help. Besides, I'll probably be the #1 seed unless you're playing.

As far as the other mentions: the tournament will have to be public, but you can first fill most of it with invitations, and cash cannot be given out.

Also, you may want to give it a few days anyway in case some unexpected errors/complaints pop up that you have to fix.

Tournaments have to be public in order for you to get tournament privileges, keep that in mind. If it is a tournament between just friends then that would be a private tournament.

As for your format, looks good to me, it shouldn't be too confusing.

If you have any other questions, let me know via PM, or start a thread in the General Info, Q&A, Discussion Sub-Forum for the Tournament Forum.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby klinlin on Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:23 pm

good on you@!!!!!!
"I Don't believe in God"

doctors note:

this is the last known statement of the deceased
just before he was struck by lightning out of a clear sky
Cook klinlin

Postby RobinJ on Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:16 pm

Well done! I'm looking forward to playing this one
nmhunate wrote:Speak English... It is the language that God wrote the bible in.

Highest Score: 2437
Highest Place: 84
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

Postby Bad Speler on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:35 pm

congrats, i look forward to playing this soon.
Highest Score: 2532
Highest Position: 69 (a long time ago)
Sergeant 1st Class Bad Speler

Postby maxdetjens on Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:15 pm

THE SOLAR SYSTEM INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED.

Check it out!

Solar System Invitational.

Contributors to this thread are recognized in that tournament and have reserved spots until December 7th.
Cadet maxdetjens

Postby onbekende on Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:24 pm

I thank you for the invite

/me notes to keep another slot open
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
Captain onbekende

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas