Conquer Club

WWII WESTERN FRONT [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Qwert on Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:24 pm

cairnswk Posted: 03 Aug 2007 08:03 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Qwert. hi.
are you going to style this map like your eastern front map? It would look really good to have the pair.
and also if you did a map of the mediterranean, you could almost have a triptych....you know a three panel art piece.

Mediteranean-These is minor Theather of WWII.Also Scandinavia is minor to.
I want to create Western Front,and then Great finale,to create WWII EUROPE,with only major Theater of WWII in europa.THese conclude WWII EASTERN FRONT,WWII WESTERN FRONT and CENTER FRONT(Eastern germany-capital Berlin,Poland,Chehoslovakia,Romania,austria,Hungaria and part of Yugoslavia(northern part).
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby unriggable on Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:43 pm

1. You realize a million people are going to make tournaments of WW2 if you get this quenched?

2. I suggest you get rid of West Task Force as it isn't part of any continent.
Cook unriggable

Postby Qwert on Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:08 pm

1.No i dont realise, now i just thinking to create map
2.Thanks for your sugestion.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby cairnswk on Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:23 pm

qwert wrote:Mediteranean-These is minor Theather of WWII.Also Scandinavia is minor to....

OK...I'll not try to convince you otherwise.... just leaves more maps that we can do.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby tim02 on Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:34 pm

no keep the western task force you can put it in a continent
Colonel tim02

Postby Qwert on Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:37 pm

well for now,we just waith vote to finish,and i just vorking in bonus box.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby tim02 on Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:38 pm

ok
Colonel tim02

Postby KEYOGI on Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:27 pm

I think the voting has pretty much been decided. If you want the poll removed so you can move forward qwert, just let me know via PM.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby Qwert on Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:45 am

KEYOGI Posted: 03 Aug 2007 23:27 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the voting has pretty much been decided. If you want the poll removed so you can move forward qwert, just let me know via PM.

Lets stay a little more,because i now working in bonus box,and when i update new,then you can remove poll ok.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Ruben Cassar on Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:11 am

Qwert I think the Maginot Line is not in the right position.

It should be where the red dots are...in fact as far as I know the Germans attacked France via Belgium where there was no Maginot Line...
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby alster on Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:46 am

Ruben Cassar wrote:Qwert I think the Maginot Line is not in the right position.

It should be where the red dots are...in fact as far as I know the Germans attacked France via Belgium where there was no Maginot Line...

That is a map of the invasion of France back in 1941. Qwert on the other hand though seems to be making a map of the war in the West in 1944. During that time the Germans had added various fortifications.
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sergeant 1st Class alster

Postby Ruben Cassar on Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:56 am

alstergren wrote:That is a map of the invasion of France back in 1941. Qwert on the other hand though seems to be making a map of the war in the West in 1944. During that time the Germans had added various fortifications.

Yes, but I think the fortifications that the Germans added were not to the Maginot Line but to the Siegfried Line...
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Qwert on Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:57 am

Well people only know most importan part of maginot line ,and forget that France from 1939-1940 work in magino line defence also in belgium border.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:59 am

Here new update with bonus box.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Ruben Cassar on Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:05 am

qwert wrote:Well people only know most importan part of maginot line ,and forget that France from 1939-1940 work in magino line defence also in belgium border.

Really? So how did the Germans pass through Belgium when they were invading France if the Maginot Line stretched all that way?

I am not convinced on this thing. Maybe they had improvised defences in that area but the Maginot Line as far as I know did not stretch all the way to Belgium or else the Germans wouldn't have invaded France so easily.

Have you got some technical site to back up what you say qwert?
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Qwert on Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:13 am

Yes wikipedia
When Belgium abrogated the treaty in 1936 and declared neutrality, the Maginot Line was quickly extended along the Franco-Belgian border, but not to the standard of the rest of the Line. As the water table in this region was high, there was the danger of underground passages getting flooded, which the designers of the line knew would be difficult and expensive to overcome.

There was a final flurry of construction in 1939–1940 with general improvements all along the Line. The final Line was strongest around the industrial regions of Metz, Lauter and Alsace, while other areas were in comparison only weakly guarded. In contrast, the propaganda about the line made it appear far greater a construction than it was; illustrations showed multiple stories of interwoven passages, and even underground railyards and cinemas. This reassured allied civilians.

Line whas stronger in alsace(german border)and weak in belgian border,but these all defence line whas call Maginot line.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Ruben Cassar on Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:15 am

qwert wrote:Yes wikipedia
When Belgium abrogated the treaty in 1936 and declared neutrality, the Maginot Line was quickly extended along the Franco-Belgian border, but not to the standard of the rest of the Line. As the water table in this region was high, there was the danger of underground passages getting flooded, which the designers of the line knew would be difficult and expensive to overcome.

There was a final flurry of construction in 1939–1940 with general improvements all along the Line. The final Line was strongest around the industrial regions of Metz, Lauter and Alsace, while other areas were in comparison only weakly guarded. In contrast, the propaganda about the line made it appear far greater a construction than it was; illustrations showed multiple stories of interwoven passages, and even underground railyards and cinemas. This reassured allied civilians.

Thanks that's very interesting. I will do some personal research about it.

Now the names...if you are sticking with English names Milano should be Milan. If you are using native names then leave Milano as it is and change Venice to Venezia.
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby gimil on Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:38 am

The map gives an even better feel now with the legends, good update. I think a little work is needed on the starts, they look like an after thought. Im still not a fan of the think black line you used around countries. Your one way arrows are also a little pixalated, could you please fix this with a touch of blur. Other than those i don't see any other problems at the moment.

:wink:
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Qwert on Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:15 pm

Ruben casar
Thanks that's very interesting. I will do some personal research about it.

Now the names...if you are sticking with English names Milano should be Milan. If you are using native names then leave Milano as it is and change Venice to Venezia.

Well i want to all names been English translation.

The map gives an even better feel now with the legends, good update. I think a little work is needed on the starts, they look like an after thought. Im still not a fan of the think black line you used around countries. Your one way arrows are also a little pixalated, could you please fix this with a touch of blur. Other than those i don't see any other problems at the moment.

I will se these.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby boberz on Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:41 pm

i love this map so far will have a better look tommow but i think the thick borders are slightly too thick
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Postby Qwert on Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:58 pm

boberz

Posted: 05 Aug 2007 20:41 Post subject:

i love this map so far will have a better look tommow but i think the thick borders are slightly too thick

We speak of borders later, do you not read previos post,work step by step.First colours of terittory then bonus box and then borders issue.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby tim02 on Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:15 pm

qwert wrote:
boberz

Posted: 05 Aug 2007 20:41 Post subject:

We speak of borders later, do you not read previos post,work step by step.First colours of terittory then bonus box and then borders issue.

I thought the borders where already done?
Colonel tim02

Postby Qwert on Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:18 pm

I thought the borders where already done?

No,i must clean borders,and i just waith to Keyoge verify Poll,and then we can speak for bonuses.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Coleman on Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:09 pm

Well here's what I suggest for bonuses even though you may want to wait.

Britian 2
France 5
Vichy France 4
Western Germany 3
Siegfriend Defence 5
North Italy 2
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

shut up

Postby firewarrior101 on Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:51 pm

gimil wrote:
qwert wrote:
Ninja-Town
can both of u losers shut up???

Posted: 19 Jul 2007 15:58 Post subject:

Yeah once you are done with that we can splice the two maps together and just call the damn map WWII. It would be epic!

well only problem with these united map(Eastern and Western plus Central Europe Front)will be dimension -small map 1258x459.
But definitly these will be WWII europe theather map with over 100 terittory.

so the WWII eastern and wester fronts are jsut a build up to the main event. dounds good :wink:
Warning! Tresspassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Cook firewarrior101

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas