Conquer Club

Midkemdil [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Coleman on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:09 pm

What should I do?
  • Continue progress, I like the idea - 73% [ 52 ]
  • Just stop...I don't like this - 12% [ 9 ]
  • I like the idea...but I would suggest starting from scratch - 14% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 71

I'd like it if I could see the xml. If it looks good and there are no withstanding objections I'll talk to Andy about forging. :wink:

Err, once the font is decided upon of course.

The preferred method of showing us xml is finding a way to upload it to a site so you can link to it. If that is impossible then copy paste it into a post. I have no problem transforming it into a linkable object on my own webserver if you do that.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest

Postby Gnome on Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:46 pm

Well Coleman, If you browse through this thread, I uploaded an xml version 3 times I think.
But this is the final version and still works for the big map. I'm still working on the small map but normally there shouldn't be any army circle moving anymore...
Xml file
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Gnome
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:15 am
Location: Belgium

Postby Unit_2 on Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:18 pm

change the wighting , its hard to read :?
Image
User avatar
Private Unit_2
 
Posts: 1814
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:59 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.A, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe.

Postby Gnome on Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:05 pm

Unit_2 wrote:change the wighting , its hard to read :?

like I said I was going to change the font :wink:

so here we go, hope you'll like it

version 11.0

details:
-fixed the mountain on the north-east
-FONT CHANGED :wink: (I think it's better now...)
-fixed the outer glow on Harlech
-change the gameplay note made it look like title...(but I don't really like it :roll: )
-So anyone thinks sea-routes are good like this? because I really don't find any good arrows that fit in this map...(If some1 could give me a good arrow :roll:....)

Image

I'm working on the small map, I'll upload it tomorrow when it's done
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Gnome
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:15 am
Location: Belgium

Postby Coleman on Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:51 pm

I like everything in that change except the teal on red in the border description.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest

Postby mibi on Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:15 pm

Gnome wrote:
Unit_2 wrote:change the wighting , its hard to read :?

like I said I was going to change the font :wink:

so here we go, hope you'll like it

version 11.0

details:
-fixed the mountain on the north-east
-FONT CHANGED :wink: (I think it's better now...)
-fixed the outer glow on Harlech
-change the gameplay note made it look like title...(but I don't really like it :roll: )
-So anyone thinks sea-routes are good like this? because I really don't find any good arrows that fit in this map...(If some1 could give me a good arrow :roll:....)

Image

I'm working on the small map, I'll upload it tomorrow when it's done


i think some of the glow colors need to be tweaked, lighter... the red, purple and blackwoodpass... also is Queg part of the south coast, since its the same color text? it seems a bit far away.
User avatar
Captain mibi
 
Posts: 3350
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:19 pm
Location: The Great State of Vermont

Postby Coleman on Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:17 pm

I can answer Queg, it is it's own bonus by itself. It will start with 6 neutral and be worth +2 per turn. The +2 bonus for Queg is in the legend.

What would you suggest to improve this distinction so people don't mistakenly label it as part of the coast?
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest

Postby Gnome on Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:33 pm

version 11.2

think some of the glow colors need to be tweaked, lighter... the red, purple and blackwoodpass


better? Blackwoodpass looks darker because it's on the mountain, I made it a little lighter...

also is Queg part of the south coast, since its the same color text? it seems a bit far away.


can you see it's a different continent now? I think it was good the way it was...no one ever complained about it...

Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Gnome
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:15 am
Location: Belgium

Postby Coleman on Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:36 pm

That looks good to me. Looking forward to a small map version.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest

Postby Gnome on Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:23 am

Small map
version 7.0


Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Gnome
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:15 am
Location: Belgium

Postby The1exile on Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:07 pm

Nice job!
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant The1exile
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:01 pm
Location: Devastation

Postby DevilishChild on Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:31 pm

This is Gnome speaking,

I'm going to abandon this map because I'm banned from conquer club because my brother has an account on this computer and we played each other sometimes...It's not fair...I didn't make abuse of it...I almost never played a game :? I only played when I was bored creating maps...
Well I don't know how to escape this but I don't feel like creating maps when I'm not able to play them...
New Recruit DevilishChild
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:22 pm

Postby Coleman on Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:01 pm

That sucks. However, your map may be done already besides coordinate work, so unless you object we may be moving this anyway.

I'm guessing with some effort you could appeal that.

What sucks most about it is no one filled an abuse report against you, so some moderator went out of their way to check your ips. Something must have caught the attention of one of them.

I think it is bull that it takes them ages to process the reports but they still find time to go hunt random people that probably aren't even abusing the system. :x I'll get off my soap box now though.

Anyway, if you ever stop by again I'd like to try to keep this map moving as it is now, but I believe I must have your consent.
Last edited by Coleman on Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest

Postby Wisse on Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:26 pm

DevilishChild wrote:This is Gnome speaking,

I'm going to abandon this map because I'm banned from conquer club because my brother has an account on this computer and we played each other sometimes...It's not fair...I didn't make abuse of it...I almost never played a game :? I only played when I was bored creating maps...
Well I don't know how to escape this but I don't feel like creating maps when I'm not able to play them...


use the appeal form ;) and eum tell also that you made this account because you didn't know what to do otherwise you would be in trouble again or something...
gl in appealing and hope to see you back soon :)
Image Image
User avatar
Sergeant Wisse
 
Posts: 4448
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: The netherlands, gelderland, epe

Postby cairnswk on Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:58 pm

oh bugger...that's very disappointing! Most unfair. Good luck with your appeal, make sure you also beef up your argument with having a map already to go towards Final Forge in the Map Foundry, and that you need access to finalise this map. Your artwork is very different and refreshing in style, and would go well in this and other maps. You have our support to finish this map as soon as possible. :)
Image
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11510
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Location: Australia

Postby Gnome on Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:28 am

Ok guys I'm back :wink:

here are the big and the small version again. Give me all the comments you have :wink:


big map
Image

small map
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Gnome
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:15 am
Location: Belgium

Postby Wisse on Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:30 am

wohoo! :) your back! congratz :D
Image Image
User avatar
Sergeant Wisse
 
Posts: 4448
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: The netherlands, gelderland, epe

Postby sully800 on Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:18 pm

Coleman wrote:What sucks most about it is no one filled an abuse report against you, so some moderator went out of their way to check your ips. Something must have caught the attention of one of them.

I think it is bull that it takes them ages to process the reports but they still find time to go hunt random people that probably aren't even abusing the system. :x I'll get off my soap box now though.


To be fair, it doesn't take us ages to process reports any more. Over the summer we were severely understaffed because MB and FP were both on their way out and I took a 2 month break essentially. Now that King Achilles is here and working a lot, the reports are all being taken care of within a day or two. :)
User avatar
Major sully800
 
Posts: 4978
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:45 pm
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

Postby Coleman on Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:19 pm

sully800 wrote:
Coleman wrote:What sucks most about it is no one filled an abuse report against you, so some moderator went out of their way to check your ips. Something must have caught the attention of one of them.

I think it is bull that it takes them ages to process the reports but they still find time to go hunt random people that probably aren't even abusing the system. :x I'll get off my soap box now though.


To be fair, it doesn't take us ages to process reports any more. Over the summer we were severely understaffed because MB and FP were both on their way out and I took a 2 month break essentially. Now that King Achilles is here and working a lot, the reports are all being taken care of within a day or two. :)


That's not fast enough, I demand seconds. :D
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest

Postby Coleman on Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:59 pm

I'm willing to recommend this for final forge. Are there any more suggestions for improvement from anyone?
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest

Postby cairnswk on Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:43 am

Gnome...can you please advise what is happening in the legend...there are names that have different colours for different continents?
Image
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11510
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Location: Australia

Postby Gnome on Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:58 am

Gnome...can you please advise what is happening in the legend...there are names that have different colours for different continents?


sorry for that, I forgot to change the legend in the small map...
That's not a big job to do, I'll update it as soon as possible :wink:

I'm willing to recommend this for final forge. Are there any more suggestions for improvement from anyone?


all suggestions are still welcome...even in final forge...
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Gnome
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:15 am
Location: Belgium

Postby Coleman on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:51 pm

Gnome wrote:even in final forge...
Going to need consistent images first. I think everyone is mostly satisfied at this point otherwise.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest

Postby Gnome on Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:05 am

small updates

big map (V12.0)
-changed gemeplay note to make it looks the same as on the small map
Image

Small map (v8.1)
-adjusted legend
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Gnome
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:15 am
Location: Belgium

Postby The1exile on Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:48 pm

This is a very minor nitpick but the colour of the text for "Crydee" looks sorta pink on the "cry" bit (i.e. the bit over the water) as opposed to the more red/orange shade it has on land.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant The1exile
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:01 pm
Location: Devastation

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users