Conquer Club

Rail Europe [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby FreeMan10 on Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:32 pm

Yup, that fixed it!! :D
Cadet FreeMan10

Postby cairnswk on Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:37 pm

gimil wrote:BRU station is hiding on the large.

Unfortunatly im still not happy with the legends numbers and the bonus text :( but I think I can live with hte railways lines if you reduce the opacity slightly so there a little less visable.

For the bonus text how are you doin it effects wise?

I can see BRU on both versions perfectly well, and my eyes are oplder than yours gimil.

what is wrong with the bonus texts now....you know gimil, one day everything is ok and you don't have time to give things a good look over....next two days you come back and start nit picking like buggery...i moved all the numbers and centered them...so what is wrong with everything now? I've changed the green so it can be seen...come one man, gimme a break...sometimes i wonder if you're just nit picking for the sake of being difficult.
Last edited by cairnswk on Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby FreeMan10 on Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:39 pm

BRU shows, and the Benelux bonus is much more readable now.

I think I'm done nitpicking.
Cadet FreeMan10

Postby cairnswk on Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:43 pm

FreeMan10 wrote:BRU shows, and the Benelux bonus is much more readable now.
I think I'm done nitpicking.

Thanks FreeMan10. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:28 pm

Version 29 still...fixed the title iron work...it got bent and twisted out of shot because of the all the movements on the map.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282 ... E_V29S.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282 ... E_V29L.jpg

http://h1.ripway.com/cairnswk/_RAIL_EUROPE.xml
Private cairnswk

Postby gimil on Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:05 pm

cairnswk wrote:

Unfortunatly im still not happy with the legends numbers and the bonus text :( but I think I can live with hte railways lines if you reduce the opacity slightly so there a little less visable.

I can see BRU on both versions perfectly well, and my eyes are oplder than yours gimil.

what is wrong with the bonus texts now....you know gimil, one day everything is ok and you don't have time to give things a good look over....next two days you come back and start nit picking like buggery...i moved all the numbers and centered them...so what is wrong with everything now? I've changed the green so it can be seen...come one man, gimme a break...sometimes i wonder if you're just nit picking for the sake of being difficult.

Im sorry to have offened . . .

Do yo ureally think im trying to make your life more difficult? Do you really think im being unreasonable?
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby cairnswk on Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:07 pm

gimil wrote:
cairnswk wrote:

Im sorry to have offened . . .

Do yo ureally think im trying to make your life more difficult? Do you really think im being unreasonable?

And I am sorry for begin angry Gimil...no i don't think you're begin unreasonable, but one day everything is fine and the next you tell me another story...what am I to beleive or wonder?
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:08 pm

So what needs fixing now?
Private cairnswk

Postby gimil on Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:10 pm

cairnswk wrote:So what needs fixing now?

Cairns my humble apologies, I needed my browser reset. I was working from an old image.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:18 pm

Perhaps you can add when your using the same link for a new image :)

Have this for your troubles:

Im throwing around the idea of gicing the graphics still :)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby cairnswk on Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:19 pm

gimil wrote:
cairnswk wrote:So what needs fixing now?

Cairns my humble apologies, I needed my browser reset. I was working from an old image.

Gimiiiilllllll!!! :o Forgiven....anyone can make that mistake...but please be aware towards the end of maps, i prefer to simply make small changes to existing versions, (I delet existing from photobucket and replace it with a new image) because there is less number of overall images cloggin up their servers. It's like re-using paper.

So you have to refesh everytime you veiw my stuff. :)

Last edited by cairnswk on Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Private cairnswk

Postby FreeMan10 on Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:20 pm

Congrats cairns!!!

Gimil- Shouldn't this be getting a graphics passed stamp soon, too?
Cadet FreeMan10

Postby juventino on Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:33 pm

the title. Its looks bad where the "text" part and the "art" part comes together. Make it more smooth
Major juventino

Postby gimil on Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:40 pm

Yes cairns I wasnt aware that you did this towards the end ill remeber for the future :)

freeman, I mstill tossing around the idea of giving teh graphic. Im trying to think if there is any wat to resolve my concerns with hte sleepers on the large without giving cairns o much work :)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby FreeMan10 on Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:41 pm

juventino wrote:the title. Its looks bad where the "text" part and the "art" part comes together. Make it more smooth

Interesting point. Cairns - could the bottom of the text be curved to match the arch of the title box, and could the edges of the text box be blended into the iron work a little more smoothly? Now that I look at it, it does seem a bit abrupt.

NOTE: I said I was done nitpicking. This is not my nit, I'm jumping on someone else's! :D
Cadet FreeMan10

Postby FreeMan10 on Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:42 pm

gimil wrote:Yes cairns I wasnt aware that you did this towards the end ill remeber for the future :)

freeman, I mstill tossing around the idea of giving teh graphic. Im trying to think if there is any wat to resolve my concerns with hte sleepers on the large without giving cairns o much work :)

Gimil- Maybe you should resolve my concerns with your finger functionality first!! :lol:
Cadet FreeMan10

Postby cairnswk on Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:39 am

juventino wrote:the title. Its looks bad where the "text" part and the "art" part comes together. Make it more smooth

Gimil, thanks for the Idea Passed icon :)

Im throwing around the idea of gicing the graphics still

Sorry, don't understand what "gicing" the graphics means.

Solution below in Version 30

The title has been completely re-worked posing as a metal boards accross iron work with four rivets.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282 ... E_V30S.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282 ... E_V30L.jpg

http://h1.ripway.com/cairnswk/_RAIL_EUROPE.xml
Private cairnswk

Postby gangster2b on Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:10 am

I really like the idea! :D

but the grapics don't look so attractive... :?
Private 1st Class gangster2b

Postby gimil on Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:45 pm

Im sorry to bust in cairns, but have you gained permission for the extra space you have took for the small? You started this map before my time.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby cairnswk on Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:21 pm

gimil wrote:Im sorry to bust in cairns, but have you gained permission for the extra space you have took for the small? You started this map before my time.

Gimil, at the time this map was started on 21 sep last year, there was no need to gain oversize permission because maps were allowed to go to that limit if they were going to need the extra 21 px width becauiise of their size and continent capacity.

At the time of my being a CA, we went through the exercise of downsizing most maps; most of my maps were downsized to the required 600px, however, this one was not put opn the list because of the largeness of the map and the extra space that is needed for the eye.

Lackattack did make a comment in the downsizing exercise, to the extent that it would be a shame to downsize maps like World 2.1 because they look great and need that extra space.

So to answer your question, i don't beleive i ever gained full permission to do this because at the time the extra 21 px were allowed. Andy may be aware of this map situation, if he is not, then i seek permission now....after the map is finished. I will say, that at this point in time, if i have to re-size this small version, i will be most disappointed.
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:24 pm

gangster2b wrote:I really like the idea! :D

but the grapics don't look so attractive... :?

1. if you could do better, i challenge you.

2. what particular part is not so attractive and

3. do you have a solution to make it look better.

Pipe-up or forever hold your peace. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby gimil on Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:27 pm

cairnswk wrote:
gimil wrote:Im sorry to bust in cairns, but have you gained permission for the extra space you have took for the small? You started this map before my time.

Gimil, at the time this map was started on 21 sep last year, there was no need to gain oversize permission because maps were allowed to go to that limit if they were going to need the extra 21 px width becauiise of their size and continent capacity.

At the time of my being a CA, we went through the exercise of downsizing most maps; most of my maps were downsized to the required 600px, however, this one was not put opn the list because of the largeness of the map and the extra space that is needed for the eye.

Lackattack did make a comment in the downsizing exercise, to the extent that it would be a shame to downsize maps like World 2.1 because they look great and need that extra space.

So to answer your question, i don't beleive i ever gained full permission to do this because at the time the extra 21 px were allowed. Andy may be aware of this map situation, if he is not, then i seek permission now....after the map is finished. I will say, that at this point in time, if i have to re-size this small version, i will be most disappointed.

Ok cairns I will look into this, Im just trying to get all the map sizes in order :)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby cairnswk on Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:48 pm

gimil wrote:
cairnswk wrote:

Ok cairns I will look into this, Im just trying to get all the map sizes in order :)

Thank you Gimil....you do that! :wink:
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:50 pm

So far, this is the list of people who have contrinuted to this map:

Kaplowitz
Onbekende
Keyogi
edbeard
qwert
widowmaker
cena-rules
unit_2
gimil
yeti_c
marval
unriggable
turtle32
casper
gnome
twinfists
selin
dim
paradisecity9
jako
gozar
d.gishman
oaktown
wisse
insomniacdude
greecepwns
optimus prime
marvaddin
reverend_kyle
rjbeals
coleman
t.e.c.
it_oddball
night strike
ga7
iancanton
lone.prophet
freeman10
fireedud
benny profane
jakejake
oggiss
lanyards
juventino
gangster2b

Thank you everyone. :) An invitation to the first games will be made when the map gets quenched. Naturally this list may grow from here.
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:31 am

Private cairnswk

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas