Conquer Club

Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby cairnswk on Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:10 pm

Aerial Attack wrote:I dunno,

I think it looks better if you keep the words inside the house. Maybe just swap the old locations of "Dog" and the army circle? As in - left align "Dog" and "House" to the left portion of the actual house (with Dog above House). Then you should still have enough room for army numbers (although 4 or 5 digits would definitely cover "Common Areas" in the legend).

Sorry aerial attack the army circle is not moving. i'll try something else.

unriggable wrote:I'm not too keen on the dog house rules.

Well. I am. And so is everyone else. And besides...you've had plenty of time to complain about this while this was in development...i think you've just being a PITA....you can't even give a reason why you're njot too keen of them. Sorry unriggable. :wink:
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:13 pm

Aerial Attack wrote:I dunno,

I think it looks better if you keep the words inside the house. Maybe just swap the old locations of "Dog" and the army circle? As in - left align "Dog" and "House" to the left portion of the actual house (with Dog above House). Then you should still have enough room for army numbers (although 4 or 5 digits would definitely cover "Common Areas" in the legend).

I think also aerial attack that if you looking to make 4 or 5 digit numbers with armies which i know some of you playh games at, then you're in the wrong place. I am not catering to this excessiveness. Sorry.
Private cairnswk

Postby TheKidsTrumpet on Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:31 pm

Man... I love this map, am looking forward to trying it out in the future. Looks very nice and developed. And I'm stoked, Cairns, that you had the creative'ness to take an amazing catchy song by Madness (one of my favorites) and put it to a map. Congrats.
Personal Best: 2344
Winner of: Championship Series: Arms Race
Redemption Pt. 1
Doubles Champion Initech XXV: Olympic Games w/Gilligan
Lieutenant TheKidsTrumpet

Postby cairnswk on Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:47 pm

thekidstrumpet wrote:Man... I love this map, am looking forward to trying it out in the future. Looks very nice and developed. And I'm stoked, Cairns, that you had the creative'ness to take an amazing catchy song by Madness (one of my favorites) and put it to a map. Congrats.

Thanks thekidstrumpet....
yes it's a little gimmicky, and there are those that hate the song...guess thay have some hangups from a bad experience...but i'm stoked that you're stoked... :wink:

Below is some adjustments to the map for cena-rules re the Dog House name.

Small

Large

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282 ... ssV17S.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282 ... ssV17L.jpg

http://h1.ripway.com/cairnswk/madness.xml
Private cairnswk

Postby unriggable on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:45 pm

cairnswk wrote:

Well. I am. And so is everyone else. And besides...you've had plenty of time to complain about this while this was in development...i think you've just being a PITA....you can't even give a reason why you're njot too keen of them. Sorry unriggable. :wink:

Didn't notice. I look at graphics more when its in the foundry and not gameplay. The point is that it can attack too many places. I suggest you make it bombard and not direct attack.
Cook unriggable

Postby cairnswk on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:58 pm

unriggable wrote:
cairnswk wrote:

Didn't notice. I look at graphics more when its in the foundry and not gameplay. The point is that it can attack too many places. I suggest you make it bombard and not direct attack.

Well unriggable, i suggest that you change your standard of examination.
A lot of work goes into these maps, and the final product depends very much on a combination of gameplay and how that interacts with the graphics. Now there is not too much bother here with that re the dog house, but on another map, it might be, so please pay more attention if you want us to take notice of what you ask when maps are in development.

As i stated, no-one else at the moment has problem with the dog house attack situation, however, if there are several more people who have challgnes with it, then i will consider adjusting it.

I really don't think that it will matter too much until towards the end of the game if the dog house manages to build up a substantial army and even then there are terts that are close at hand that can easily attack the dog house from the house itself. Thanks for your suggestion anyways, but please next time, do it while the map is in the foundry.
Private cairnswk

Postby Night Strike on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:58 pm

Would right-aligning the word "Dog" free up enough space?? You could maybe make the territory slightly wider as well.
Major Night Strike

Postby Aerial Attack on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:10 pm

Cairnswk,

I apologize if my last two posts came off a little brusque/harsh. My first post, was actually a response to cena's complaint about the army circles Wicked and Bud's Access - I only noticed at the last second that Dog was partially covered.

I really like what you have done with everything you've into Our House. I guess I only mentioned the 4-digit overlap to possibly save you some extra work - in case you would worry about that. I wasn't worried. If I have more than 99 armies on a terr (or I let anyone else get that high), I've done something terribly wrong. I am not a builder (no cards is NOT my forte).

Aerial
My Conquer Club Scripts | Bests: 2133, #205
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby cairnswk on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:22 pm

Night Strike wrote:Would right-aligning the word "Dog" free up enough space?? You could maybe make the territory slightly wider as well.

Night strike...can u just F5 please. i think that has been attended to.
Oh...Melbourne Cup's being run...time for the whole nation to stop......the 147th year for its running....world wide coverage.

1. Efficient
2. Purple Moon
3. Mahler
Last edited by cairnswk on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:27 pm

Aerial Attack wrote:Cairnswk,

I apologize if my last two posts came off a little brusque/harsh. My first post, was actually a response to cena's complaint about the army circles Wicked and Bud's Access - I only noticed at the last second that Dog was partially covered.

I really like what you have done with everything you've into Our House. I guess I only mentioned the 4-digit overlap to possibly save you some extra work - in case you would worry about that. I wasn't worried. If I have more than 99 armies on a terr (or I let anyone else get that high), I've done something terribly wrong. I am not a builder (no cards is NOT my forte).

Aerial

Aerial attack...no need to apologise mate....you've every right to post a concern and in this case yours was justified which lead me to correct a couple ofther minor things re names. The four digit issue has never really been a concern although i have seen some game with over 12K armies, which i think is ridi....so no harm done, and thanks for the posting adn the supportive interest. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:06 am

love the whole concept of this map. i think its very well thoughtout.

regarding the dog attack rules, i have no problem with it either, dont see any reason for it to change.

just one very very minor detail though, i assume the two images being chased by the dog are people? yes, and usually when people walk/run, the arm they swing forward is opposite to the leg they put forward, which isnt the case. but its just a matter of fussiness on my part, so i wouldnt say its completely necessary to change that, perhaps just change it if you're free with nothing else to do :P
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby cairnswk on Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:28 am

anamainiacks wrote:perhaps just change it if you're free with nothing else to do :P

anamainiacks...thanks for the suggestion, i will look at it if i have nothing else to do! :wink:
Private cairnswk

Postby oaktown on Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:08 am

Join us as we spread the Foundry's good news to the world!

Post a description of your map at
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32474

:D
Captain oaktown

Postby cairnswk on Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:20 pm

oaktown wrote:Join us as we spread the Foundry's good news to the world!

Post a description of your map at
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32474

:D

Done oaktown
Private cairnswk

Postby rebelman on Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:24 pm

if its not too late to suggest it could the doghouse be a -1 bonus if you have all dad's area. Any of us that are/have been married will understand the logic of this :wink:
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby rebelman on Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:39 pm

One other observation - DiM and wicked considering how well they get on :lol: should have fun living next door to each other :lol: :lol: :lol: (and is he really trying to look in her window :shock: )
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby cairnswk on Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:47 pm

rebelman wrote:if its not too late to suggest it could the doghouse be a -1 bonus if you have all dad's area. Any of us that are/have been married will understand the logic of this :wink:

yes sorry rebelman...it's too late.
and this was already discussed and proposed previously about the dog house being -1.
at that bonus...who would want to attack it and hold it.
fine in real life and yes i understand the married part. Sorry. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:48 pm

rebelman wrote:One other observation - DiM and wicked considering how well they get on :lol: should have fun living next door to each other :lol: :lol: :lol: (and is he really trying to look in her window :shock: )

No DiM's "purving" on wicked...and spying on lack and andy to see what is going to happen next on CC. LOL.
Private cairnswk

Postby Enigma on Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:02 pm

hey cairns :)
colour of the car clashes with the rest of the map.
Do you need an excuse to have a war? I mean, who for? Can't you just say "You got lots of cash and land, but I've got a big sword, so divy up right now, chop chop."
Terry Pratchet
Lieutenant Enigma

Postby cairnswk on Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:50 pm

Enigma wrote:hey cairns :)
colour of the car clashes with the rest of the map.

Enigma's back...Yaye!!!!

Yes it does a bit doesn't it? :)
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:20 pm

Changes made to V17

* Car colour toned down....but not changed from blue....so it doesn't stand out so much
* Arms on Siss and Bud swing opposite now.

Small

Large

Links

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282 ... ssV17S.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282 ... ssV17L.jpg

http://h1.ripway.com/cairnswk/madness.xml
Private cairnswk

Postby TheKidsTrumpet on Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:34 am

I am stoked about this map Cairns can't wait til it is out there to the masses.
Personal Best: 2344
Winner of: Championship Series: Arms Race
Redemption Pt. 1
Doubles Champion Initech XXV: Olympic Games w/Gilligan
Lieutenant TheKidsTrumpet

Postby lalaland on Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:57 am

i love this map... but the people seem too big for the house. i don't know if it really matters, but for instance, i would hate to be one of them trying to sit on one of those toilets. :)
or on one of the chairs in the dining room.

if you don't want to change it (if they are mad too small u might not be able to tell what they are?) the map will still look fine!
great work
I worship the dice gods
Image Image
Private 1st Class lalaland

Postby cairnswk on Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:17 am

lalaland wrote:i love this map... but the people seem too big for the house. i don't know if it really matters, but for instance, i would hate to be one of them trying to sit on one of those toilets. :)
or on one of the chairs in the dining room.

if you don't want to change it (if they are mad too small u might not be able to tell what they are?) the map will still look fine!
great work

thanks lalalland...dont' forget mum and siss have dresses on....that's my intention anyways. and most poeples top down shot is that their shoulders are wider than the hips...so no i don't think it matters for the mo. but pleased you have recognised them for what they are...perhaps this could be a big persons house. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:18 am

thekidstrumpet wrote:I am stoked about this map Cairns can't wait til it is out there to the masses.

Thanx m8!
Private cairnswk

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas