Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby benny profane on Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:34 pm

no problemo...
Lieutenant benny profane

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Postby Night Strike on Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:38 am

Actually, a bug like that (army shadow placement) goes in the specific map's Final Forge thread. Here.
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby oaktown on Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:26 am

Night Strike wrote:Actually, a bug like that (army shadow placement) goes in the specific map's Final Forge thread. Here.

Agreed - the old thread is probably the best place for this... I'll try to merge your original post into it, then lock this one down. (cross your fingers everybody - I could bring the whole system down!) :wink:
Captain oaktown

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (12)
General Contribution (5)

Re: Madness - location of "shadow" for the Storage

Postby cairnswk on Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:14 pm

gdeangel wrote:I don't know where "bugs" go for forged maps, but I'm posting here anyway... the shadow for the "storage" territory should be moved up just a little so it's actually in the closet to make it clear this is a dead end, and not part of the hallway to Sis's area. This throws me whenever I play.

oh dear! My my my!! :shock:

thanks for the comment....but do try to concentrate when you play.
Corporal cairnswk

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby gdeangel on Tue May 27, 2008 4:36 pm

Another comment from me, since apparently I'm the only person on cc who likes the gameplay on this map...

I just played a match where the other guy started with all four territories of the Dad bonus (+3), and neutrals on all borders but one, which was the back path, held by me. Of course, this is quite unusual, and normally I like a challenge, but the other guy also drew the first move, meaning that he had a +3 at start with which to knock out everything in the back paths and dog, and therefor insulate a +4 behind "3" strong neutrals on all sides.

I know there are way to code maps so that the initial drops do not favor one side too much. This is a fix that MUST be implemented to take this map seriously... there is no way anyone should start with anything other than a +2 or +1.
My ever constant two last games seem to have no end in sight!
Sergeant gdeangel

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby cairnswk on Wed May 28, 2008 3:05 am

gdeangel wrote:I know there are way to code maps so that the initial drops do not favor one side too much.

Can you suggest this example of how to do these initial drops. That would solve lots of problems on all the maps on CC. ;)
Corporal cairnswk

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby t-o-m on Wed May 28, 2008 8:07 am

gd - this will only happen extremely rarely and if cairns did it to this one, then everyone would have to do it for all of them, it was just unfortunate for you. i doubt it will happen again for you.
there are also other regions on all maps that may need addressing - so to be quite honest i dont think its worth the effort - and cairn would be doing XML all year for all of his family of maps!
Colonel t-o-m

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby gdeangel on Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:45 pm

Actually, it happens about 25% of the time... you have a 50-50 chance of having the unbeatable position, or being in the royally screwed position, so it's not really as bad as a 1 in 4 hit, but as your points rise, it becomes a problem still. How to fix... real simple answer = reduce the number of neutrals for 1v1... which limits the incidental blocking effect. Right way to fix... code a rule into this map that prevents anyone from starting with 3 in the garage... or, alternatively prevents any two of the following three from starting neutral: rear path, driveway, and access... that is not so hard, now, is it??

Now, the real reason I am bagging digging up this musty old thread about a map that nobody loves: do you plan to keep Wicked as one of the neighbors now that she has been ousted from the site? If you every "update" this map, you aught to put her in a surveillance van outside or something, make it a +1 one like the dog (obviously make a rule that nobody starts with both dog and van :lol: )... however I don't know if you can put twill in the neighbor spot... it probably wouldn't go over too well.
My ever constant two last games seem to have no end in sight!
Sergeant gdeangel

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby whitestazn88 on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:02 pm

man, i love this map.

the last time i played it i started with all 4 neighbors plus the dining room.

on top of that, all of my enemies territs were practically in the house, so i just used the bathroom system to clear that crap up... no pun intended
Sergeant 1st Class whitestazn88

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby cairnswk on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:13 am

whitestazn88 wrote:man, i love this map.

on top of that, all of my enemies territs were practically in the house, so i just used the bathroom system to clear that crap up... no pun intended

That's what the crapper system (as Dim so aptly put it) was all about. :twisted:
Corporal cairnswk

Postby whitestazn88 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:17 am

cairnswk wrote:

That's what the crapper system (as Dim so aptly put it) was all about. :twisted:

it really is brilliant, and i love the simple style of the map layout... its so... homey lol
Sergeant 1st Class whitestazn88

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby cairnswk on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:19 am

whitestazn88 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:

it really is brilliant, and i love the simple style of the map layout... its so... homey lol

Thanks whitestazn88.
It's actually a hard map because of the configuration, but some people will beg to differ. :)
Corporal cairnswk

Postby Gilligan on Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:31 pm

Hard? This is my favorite map :) Therefore I beg to differ :lol:
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 190
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (29) Clan Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (3)

Postby barterer2002 on Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:20 am

I'm just waiting to see if the house next to Dim gets changed. :lol:
Lieutenant barterer2002

Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (19) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (7) Tournament Contribution (33) General Contribution (2)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:32 am

barterer2002 wrote:I'm just waiting to see if the house next to Dim gets changed. :lol:

Never, Dim and Wicked are an item, didn't you know? ;)
Corporal cairnswk

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas