Conquer Club

Dungeon of Draknor - Halls of Testing [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby reverend_kyle on Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:56 am

I didn't want to rain on their parade of trying to figure out how to make it possible, but you did say "Not that you could replicat it in test playing"

that's a direct quote the spelling error was his not mine.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby yamahafazer on Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:10 am

reverend_kyle wrote:I didn't want to rain on their parade of trying to figure out how to make it possible, but you did say "Not that you could replicat it in test playing"

Ye I know it will be mine... I must have at least 100-150 spelling error's in all my posts.... :(

Hey the point of languige is to be understod... so I don't worry too much 8)
Private 1st Class yamahafazer

Postby Contron13542 on Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:38 pm

WidowMakers wrote:
Contron13542 wrote:I dont see any problem with the astral bombardment of the hall of locked doors, thats still a one way attack, and that way, no one gets into that room (and it doesn't really make it that confusing) :D
There are 2 reasons this will not happen.

1) Adding bombardment will just place a neutral in the room and not allow anyone to get the bonus.
2) I am keeping with the wishes of the original cartographer (Jota). ONLY 1-WAY BORDERS.

If this continues to be an issue. We will rename the room.

WM

THAT IS STILL A ONE-WAY BORDER
HOW DO YOU NOT SEE THAT?

and it would still work...its still a one-way, so ur agrement w/ jota would be honored
Private Contron13542

Postby WidowMakers on Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:34 pm

Contron13542 wrote:
WidowMakers wrote:
Contron13542 wrote:I dont see any problem with the astral bombardment of the hall of locked doors, thats still a one way attack, and that way, no one gets into that room (and it doesn't really make it that confusing) :D
There are 2 reasons this will not happen.

1) Adding bombardment will just place a neutral in the room and not allow anyone to get the bonus.
2) I am keeping with the wishes of the original cartographer (Jota). ONLY 1-WAY BORDERS.

If this continues to be an issue. We will rename the room.

WM

THAT IS STILL A ONE-WAY BORDER
HOW DO YOU NOT SEE THAT?

and it would still work...its still a one-way, so ur agrement w/ jota would be honored
OK let me put it another way. When Jota approached me he said do not use any of teh new XML features. Bombardments are included in that.

Only 1-Way through doors. End of the issue. I am going to just rename the room so we don't have this issue.

Plus bombardment would still never allow anyone to hold the bonus because bombards only end with neutrals.

WM
Major WidowMakers

Postby WidowMakers on Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:52 pm

Well Here is V11

I still need to do the Great Hall and probably the chapel, artifactory and sanctum.

I also adjusted the colors because people were saying it was to hard to tell the difference. They are not as bright as they were originally but they now have enough color and texture to easily be distinguished.

WM
Major WidowMakers

Postby Bad Speler on Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:29 am

Well, i don't normally bother with small little things, but since i know you can do it easily, shouldn't the fireplace in the forge provide light to the area surrounding it?

Great map though, I was and still am looking forward to seeing this in play since Jota's version!
Highest Score: 2532
Highest Position: 69 (a long time ago)
Sergeant 1st Class Bad Speler

Postby mibi on Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:03 am

this must be fun.
Captain mibi

Postby Blitzaholic on Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:33 pm

WidowMakers wrote:Well Here is V11

I still need to do the Great Hall and probably the chapel, artifactory and sanctum.

I also adjusted the colors because people were saying it was to hard to tell the difference. They are not as bright as they were originally but they now have enough color and texture to easily be distinguished.

WM

looks interesting widowsmakers
General Blitzaholic

should be interesting

Postby whitestazn88 on Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:53 am

this looks really good, and i'm excited with where this goes. but i got one question... will the 3 maps be all playable at the same time once completed?
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby reverend_kyle on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:57 am

yamahafazer wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:I didn't want to rain on their parade of trying to figure out how to make it possible, but you did say "Not that you could replicat it in test playing"

Ye I know it will be mine... I must have at least 100-150 spelling error's in all my posts.... :(

Hey the point of languige is to be understod... so I don't worry too much 8)

I'm not sure why I even mentioned the spelling error. 1000s of spelling errors are posted each day on this site, I typically ignore them.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Re: should be interesting

Postby WidowMakers on Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:04 am

whitestazn88 wrote:this looks really good, and i'm excited with where this goes. but i got one question... will the 3 maps be all playable at the same time once completed?
No. The other two are not even started yet. I want to make sure that this map is liked by the community (no sense in making 2 more maps people hate) and I wanted to get the graphical style set so all of the maps had the same feel.

SO...
If this maps is well received....
I will make the other two...

WM
Major WidowMakers

Postby Rictus on Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:23 pm

This is SUCH a good looking map IMO - I have no idea how it'll play, but I applaud the idea and look forward to trying it out...
Corporal Rictus

Postby dominationnation on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:38 pm

prob. a stupid question but what is the "down to level II" thing in the great hall? does that attack to anywhere? or is that just supposed to be a sign that the next map will come soon.
Cook dominationnation

Postby Coleman on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:39 pm

dominationnation wrote:prob. a stupid question but what is the "down to level II" thing in the great hall? does that attack to anywhere? or is that just supposed to be a sign that the next map will come soon.
I think it's just a sign that the next map will come soon but I'd like it more if it were just a mysterious stairway without any text that becomes obvious when level 2 is released.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby dominationnation on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:43 pm

Coleman wrote:
dominationnation wrote:prob. a stupid question but what is the "down to level II" thing in the great hall? does that attack to anywhere? or is that just supposed to be a sign that the next map will come soon.
I think it's just a sign that the next map will come soon but I'd like it more if it were just a mysterious stairway without any text that becomes obvious when level 2 is released.

yeah. I like that. If you remove the text then I think you need to make it a little bigger to really show people "more to come" or put something in the title of the map like "dugon of drankor-floor 1" for all the people that dont vist map foundry/fourms.
Cook dominationnation

Postby WidowMakers on Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:44 pm

dominationnation wrote:
Coleman wrote:

yeah. I like that. If you remove the text then I think you need to make it a little bigger to really show people "more to come" or put something in the title of the map like "dugon of drankor-floor 1" for all the people that dont vist map foundry/fourms.
Well I named it because people would ask "what is that" if there is no explanation. And if I name it, you guys say I should get rid of it.

I will try to make it more gand and mysterious but not name it.

And as for putting the #1 in the title, it is not going to happen. People will be able to understand how the trilogy works as they play all three.

WM

EDIT: AS far as the name on the map select screen being: Draknor Level 1, I am fine with that. But I don't want to put that on the actual map.
Major WidowMakers

Postby Bartoli on Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:43 am

i think this map is amazing in FoW!!

like it very much, but what do you mean with level 2? so there will be a switch to the second level? to me it sounds a bit complicated, and won't it be a different sort of game then?
Colonel Bartoli

Postby WidowMakers on Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:23 pm

Well here they are. Version 12

Well?
I still need to do some play testing anyone else want to, feel free and post teh results.

WM
Major WidowMakers

Postby WidowMakers on Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:33 pm

No comments. So the graphics are OK and done?

WM
Major WidowMakers

Postby Kaplowitz on Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:42 pm

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby unriggable on Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:19 pm

My only complaint is how fast you did this.

Amazing.
Cook unriggable

Postby WidowMakers on Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:10 pm

unriggable wrote:My only complaint is how fast you did this.

Amazing.
Fast? It took me three months.
Major WidowMakers

Postby Incandenza on Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:12 am

Graphics look pretty damn badass.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby The Fuzzy Pengui on Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:22 pm

Incandenza wrote:Graphics look pretty damn badass.

Indeed they do =D>
Gilligan wrote:I'M SO GOOD AT THIS GAME
My stepmom locked the bathroom door
So I opened the lock with my shoelace
Corporal 1st Class The Fuzzy Pengui

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:21 pm

Final Forge

---The Dungeon of Draknor Map has reached the ‘Final Forge’ Stage. I've revived this thread from the pits of the Foundry Furnace (okay, maybe not) and have examined the contents. Nearly every major concern has been addressed. If there are any other current concerns, please make your voice heard. If after a reasonable amount of time there has not been any objection or protest, the map will be deemed finished with the 'Foundry Brand' of approval and will be submitted for live play. As long as there is still discussion or posts that have yet to be commented on, the map will remain in Final Forge until said discussion has reached the conclusion that the map has reached its final and polished version.

Post questions and concerns if any.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas