I GOT SERVER wrote:That dead territory is going to confuse a lot of people, myself included. Maybe you should merge it with Lubbock.
Naa... I think it will be more clear when the armies are on the board. If more people think it's confusing, I'll rework.
1) I'm trying to figure a way to make impassable borders, and this is what I've come up with. I'm going to add land cracks (tying to look like dried desert cracks). My problem is I think I'll have too many cracks all over the board and it will look bad.
Since I've added color to the states, I may tone down the bold state borders to match (or closely match) the grayish territory borders. Then bolder cracks wouldn't look so bad along state lines / impassible areas. Even though i really like the state borders bold like they are now..
2) Since I've added color to the states, the inner "drought" area didn't look good as a shade of red. That gave too much color. Instead I've given red outlined army circles. I think pretty obvious - what about the rest of you?
3) Added some more +/- Bonuses. (I plan to give Texas a +5 Bonus)
4) Rewrote the explanation paragraph into my own words. I'm not the greatest at prose - anyone have suggestions.
5) Do you like my corn / crops graphic? Since I have negative bonuses, I thought it would only be fair to have additional positive bonuses. I tried to place the crops on the outer regions since that’s where there would be more water for growing crops.