militant wrote:i have no knowledge of waterloo, but i looked at the poll and noticed the option for different shapes for infantry and artillary. anyway is it possible to add a certain amount of armies to them territories every turn.
For example Add 3 armies to artillary
Add 1 armies to infanty
onbekende wrote:1 question for now: Artillary like Clinton (CA1 - CA3) can attack all of there color band or all of the next color band? And what about territories who fell in 1 sections? RC2 for example (far left).
aaaaah, indeed is good idea but better wording requiredcairnswk wrote:onbekende wrote:1 question for now: Artillary like Clinton (CA1 - CA3) can attack all of there color band or all of the next color band? And what about territories who fell in 1 sections? RC2 for example (far left).
Probably badly worded for now and needs changing...
but the idea is that artillary like CA1 can only bombard terts two sections ahead....not in their own section nor the section immediately in front, but the one after the one in front.
RC2 is Cavalry so they can't bombard....but i am thinking they might be able to attack two terts ahead as was suggested in this thread.
yeti_c wrote:Cavalry stuff isn't programmable...
You can either attack or not -> you can't have the ability to attack determined by the holding of another territory!!
unriggable wrote:I agree, I don't like the whole anthill setup. Not to mention that some territories are hard to differentiate from others (green on the left).
Aerial Attack wrote:Wow. This map is BUSY BUSY BUSY !!!
I like the idea. I love the usage of the hat for the layout.
1) didn't the French military hats of that time have a brim?
2) You transposed the e and c in directly [explanation of artillery]
3) Speaking of that explanation - I looked and Looked and LOOKED. Alas, I could only find 2 or 3 things that seemed like the MIGHT be the bands. These need to be fairly prominent and consistent in their shaping and shading.
4) Pretty much everything touches everything else - a big old free for all [Battle of Actium anyone?]. That's fine by me, just makes it harder to actually HOLD a bonus.
5) I love the flags - I think those should be used for commanders. Your artillery just seems too similar to your infantry symbol [which I like]. Maybe a stack of canon balls? As for calvary try crossed swords?
Of course, makings things bigger will only make the map seem even busier.
6) It looks like you tried or accidentally came close to matching the British terr background colors with those in the legend. Not so much for the French terr background colors.
Sorry to have such a long post.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests