Here's another update. We're still working on the bonuses but now we've got a legend and all the territories laid out. I believe this should be enough to meet the initial discussion criteria. So fire away.
We wait with glee.
-snap and benny
Hi Snap and Benny.
OK here is the go....
1. I really like the style of this map...it's clean and crisp and easy to follow...that's a big plus.
2. My major concern is doing a small map for this project. As always you know you are required to produce a small map for play of max 600px w and 600 px h.
The area around the SoBro is very congested and the text is already small.
Have you downsized this map to see how that is going to come into effect and affect the legibility of map...or are you working on two sepatate maps.
3. U.E.S & L.E.S. & U.W.S. needs explanation in the legend please for all players who are not familiar with New York suburbs....just as a footnote style thing.
4. "Each train station may attack any station on that line"....are you able to attack the next station up the line, or two stations away or more....this needs more clarification.
4. "To transfer to another train line transfer station must be taken".... my workding would be "...must be held"
5. See if you can move the legend indicator for transfer stations away from "The Village" name...makes it slightly confusing.
6. Perhaps text return the "financial district" name
7. There are some discrepancies in the border thicknesses around Manhattan....and even in some other Burroughs. Border thickness is very big on the list of "to get absolutely correct" for the Foundry....it brings a great picture of professionalness to the map.
8. Can you adjust many of those angled sharp corners on territories to be more of small curves.
9. Bonus Legend looks fine to me...but others may think differently.
10. In the Village, can you attack the train station from the Village itself and vicky verka, am i reading this correctly? Perhaps note this in the legend that territories and same territory train stations border each other.
The other possibility here, is that one can attack the village stations from soho....that's why you need to clarify this in the legend.
11. the train line through Bed Stuy runs right through the name....check this in other terts also and see if you can clean this aspect up a bit.
12. i know this will probably sound "kitch" but is there a possibliity of adding Liberty Island and making an "icon" out of it, worth one bonus or something on that what i beleive is a Ferry Route - the dashed line.
13. also, is there a possiblity of moving Staten Island left, and making a one tert out of the Veranzo-Narrows Bridge.
14. North in the legend is very illegible colour....so is Pelham..perhaps give all those names drop shadows or similar to "background" them against that gray.
15. perhaps low the whiteness of the army shadows
16. gameplay wise, the area around downtown manahattan, i think has too many connections between bridges and stations. i realise this is what happens in real life, but i think it is unbalanced for the rest of the map.
are there other connects in other areas ytou can use to balance that situation up a bit.
Excellent work thought so far...you've progressed very well.