Conquer Club

Age of Realms: Magic [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:27 pm

ok here is version 2.

i've added the connecting ice caps but coleman does have a point with the assassin game. imbalance could come from this. what does everybody think?

i've also added the decay and frostbite explanations in the legend, which by the way will be a bitch in the small version. please don't make me add anything else. :(

“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Telvannia on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:27 pm

Some more ideas:

Maybe stone dock and bridges (seen a few posts back)
Maybe resource trio to make it seem more developed.
Remove a few villages due to depopulation from the cold.
Add a few more uncrossable regions, (eg make them really high neutrals, make them blocked by ice, make the decay rate really hight) maybe make these areas in the middle of nowhere.
Maybe move everything closer to castles, but more ports a lot less useful so people have to slog across the snow and though the neutrals.
Maybe make only a few ports connect to the sanctuary but have them away from the castles to slow things down.
Could you connect to the two mines to show that work has gone on between the two maps and they have connected tunnels.
Maybe add berry to something as a pair, to show the lack of food
Remove the greenery in Aoria it looks a bit odd in the white world.

Im out of ideas again, but im sure i will get more. :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Postby Coleman on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:29 pm

Actually seeing it I've grown less worried about it. You just need to be smart about which docks to get and who to stop from killing their target.

What this will add to fog is that you can no longer just take one dock and see all the other docks.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:30 pm

gimil wrote:
mibi wrote:nice work DiM, the icey graphics look good and are a good change of pace. Reminds me of Warcraft. The icebergs are a nice touch.

Aside from the graphics tho... i think the gameplay needs to be a bit different then the Might one.... i think you need more than just the sanctuary twist.

An argument ive already started.

Hopefully he will let me change that :D

gimil, the borders stay, the gameplay will be changed by other means but leave the borders alone, please. there's no reason to change them. other ideas for gameplay change are welcome though.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby dominationnation on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:33 pm

I think that all the territorys on the section with the sanctuary should get -2 if thats possible. That way its kind of like since the spell is there it harms the armies. Like this way the sanctuary can fight back.

also can aosa attack sler? because the legend makes it look as if there is no open river there. You can though right?
Cook dominationnation

Postby Coleman on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:35 pm

My thoughts in Red and Bold

Telvannia wrote:Some more ideas:

Yes
Maybe resource trio to make it seem more developed.
...maybe
Remove a few villages due to depopulation from the cold.
No, the villages are safe from the frost deaths. :D
Add a few more uncrossable regions, (eg make them really high neutrals, make them blocked by ice, make the decay rate really hight) maybe make these areas in the middle of nowhere.
...maybe
Maybe move everything closer to castles, but more ports a lot less useful so people have to slog across the snow and though the neutrals.
Ports just got less useful with the ice blocking
Maybe make only a few ports connect to the sanctuary but have them away from the castles to slow things down.
OH crap the new ice made it so some castles have a hard time winning with the sanctuary. :shock:
Could you connect to the two mines to show that work has gone on between the two maps and they have connected tunnels.
??? ... maybe. Although I don't know many iron mines that eventually cross paths with gold mines in reality.
Maybe add berry to something as a pair, to show the lack of food
Agree Replace a farm perhaps.
Remove the greenery in Aoria it looks a bit odd in the white world.
AGREE

Im out of ideas again, but im sure i will get more. :lol:
Sergeant Coleman

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:36 pm

Hmmm - my only problem with the ice blockades are that the southern most castles are now a lot further away from the Sanctuary...

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Coleman on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:36 pm

dominationnation wrote:also can aosa attack sler? because the legend makes it look as if there is no open river there. You can though right?
Yes
Sergeant Coleman

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:38 pm

Maybe also a tunnel through the mountains is a good idea...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:39 pm

Telvannia wrote:Some more ideas:

stone dock and brisges, why not? they're doable, it's jsut that stone is grey and will be hard to see on the whole white blueish background.

Telvannia wrote:Maybe resource trio to make it seem more developed.

resource trio? not sure, it would make the map more complex and it would require more legend space.

Telvannia wrote:Remove a few villages due to depopulation from the cold.

what villages? and wouldn't that make things rather unbalanced?

Telvannia wrote:Add a few more uncrossable regions, (eg make them really high neutrals, make them blocked by ice, make the decay rate really hight) maybe make these areas in the middle of nowhere.

everything that's not castle resource or village has decay so everything between the important terits is a big frozen wasteland that kills your troops.

Telvannia wrote:Maybe move everything closer to castles, but more ports a lot less useful so people have to slog across the snow and though the neutrals.

i don't really get this part. please reword it.

Telvannia wrote:Maybe make only a few ports connect to the sanctuary but have them away from the castles to slow things down.

there are just a few ports connected to the sanctuary because of the ice caps.

Telvannia wrote:Could you connect to the two mines to show that work has gone on between the two maps and they have connected tunnels.

this would be interesting, anybody interested? even though it will greatly reduce the distance between the 2 castles.

Telvannia wrote:Maybe add berry to something as a pair, to show the lack of food

berry. can be done. but what would be it's pair? berry jam factory? :lol:

Telvannia wrote:Remove the greenery in Aoria it looks a bit odd in the white world.

they take care of the garden and clean the snow. it's a castle not a simpel home.

Telvannia wrote:Im out of ideas again, but im sure i will get more. :lol:

i'll wait.
Major DiM

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:49 pm

A plan - move the Rongar Ice to the left of the Ikalu dock - feel free to move the actual dock along (After all if the docks have been replaced with new docks - they may have moved them a bit)

That way the bottom left has access o a docks on the right island... thus improving balance...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:49 pm

i want to focus on the gameplay at the moment. the graphics will come soon.

my main concern now is the movement around the map.

the ice caps add a nice twist but they separate the sea and for example mua can reach the sanctuary in 10 attack while aoria can do it in just 2.

so i'm thinking to stretch the ice bridges and make them connect. the south bridge connects to the north bridge that connects to g'th terit.
this means mua will go through duisch eit rongar g'th sanctuary. so just 5 attacks. and because the neutrals can be set to different values we can make sure the 5 attacks are similar to aoria's 3 attacks.

what does everybody think?
Major DiM

Postby Telvannia on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:50 pm

DiM wrote:
Telvannia wrote:
Telvannia wrote:Maybe resource trio to make it seem more developed.

resource trio? not sure, it would make the map more complex and it would require more legend space.

Use smaller writing :lol:

DiM wrote:
Telvannia wrote:Remove a few villages due to depopulation from the cold.

what villages? and wouldn't that make things rather unbalanced?

True it would unbalance slightly, but it would make resources even more key.

DiM wrote:
Telvannia wrote:Maybe move everything closer to castles, but more ports a lot less useful so people have to slog across the snow and though the neutrals.

i don't really get this part. please reword it.

i just reread it and i dont understand it...
I think i meant move the things closer to the castle and make ports less useful, for example more ice blocking so some could not go very far, or maybe make it so that only certain ports can attack each other, maybe show this by adding lines connecting htem.

DiM wrote:
Telvannia wrote:Maybe make only a few ports connect to the sanctuary but have them away from the castles to slow things down.

there are just a few ports connected to the sanctuary because of the ice caps.

But the thing is the ports that connect to the sanctuary are all up north, and near only a few of the castles, so maybe add a different route to the sanctuary. Maybe find a territory far away from the others and make it a one way route to the island? And have the sanctuary port iced in.

DiM wrote:
Telvannia wrote:Maybe add berry to something as a pair, to show the lack of food

berry. can be done. but what would be it's pair? berry jam factory? :lol:

Maybe make it unpaired, but a smaller bonus
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Postby Coleman on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:51 pm

DiM wrote:what does everybody think?

I think that sounds like a plan.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:52 pm

Double dock Voigth so that it links to both sides of that ice bridge...

Once the Ice came - the villagers of Voight built a new Dock to ensure access to the Fish from Mua island.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Coleman on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:58 pm

After your next update be sure to take care of this so that I can move it:

c. the map (or the post) must also include a few basic things for easy reference such as: number of countries currently on the map, the number of continents, descriptions of any unique features or areas, and the title of the map must indicate the page with the latest development of production (I.E. ‘Update – Pg 3, and please, no use of [brackets]: use (parentheses), --dashes--, or “quotes”).

You have most of these already I'd just like to see these three things:
    # of Territories (in first post)
    Special Play Features (in first post)
    Latest Image Page In Title
Sergeant Coleman

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:05 pm

V3.

DONE:

1. just extended ice bridge :)

TO-DO
1. a lot

Major DiM

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:07 pm

That works - BTW - fix Aosa...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:08 pm

yeti_c wrote:That works - BTW - fix Aosa...

C.

fix what at aosa? :shock:
Major DiM

Postby Coleman on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:13 pm

There is a stray light blue line that looks weird.

Last edited by Coleman on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:14 pm

Wow - that's gotta be the quickest map to foundry ever!!!!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:15 pm

DiM wrote:

C.

The ice around the Dock looks like it's on the layer below your dock...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:15 pm

Coleman wrote:There is a stray light blue line that looks weird.

ah ok. fixed in the next update.

thanks for the move.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:17 pm

yeti_c wrote:
DiM wrote:

C.

C.

well it's not. :shock:

close your eyes rub them hard until you see little lights and then look again :)
Major DiM

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:18 pm

DiM wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
DiM wrote:

C.

C.

well it's not. :shock:

close your eyes rub them hard until you see little lights and then look again :)

Well the ice to the bottom of it looks a bit square too...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas