Conquer Club

Age of Realms: Magic [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby yeti_c on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:20 am

DiM wrote:
arizona wrote:
DiM wrote:
arizona wrote:Any thoughts to making the decay turn a single army neutral, rather than stopping the decay?...


not possible with the current xml :?
the decay will stop at 1 army.


That's too bad. I can't imagine it will make that much difference in game play as it is. People tend to leave those regions with just one army anyway.

Also converting to neutral would extend the snow analogy. You cut through the drifts (large neutrals), but you're tracks are filled in by gently falling snow..


yep indeed it would be really interesting if the decay worked like that. perhaps yeti_c can figure out something to make it work. perhaps with another xml update from lack. i don't really know.


Nowt I can do - only Lack can change this...

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9624
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby rebelman on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:26 am

a few observations (will be back with more)

corn farm and corn mill, wheat field and bakery - considering what happened these resource pair are now useless - they should be removed from the map or in terms of accuracy remain but without any bonus ie a useless resource pair. some new rescouce pair should probably relace them but in a manner that counteracts the imbalance I have outlined below

================================================

distance to sanctuary without connecting mines: (the proposed mines change will not shorten these distances & i am assuming the floating ice / ice bridge is not a terr.)

Aoria 3 terr.

Xi 4 terr.

Figye 5 terr.

Mua 5 terr.

Ghyr 6 terr.

Borun 5 terr.

=============================================

it may be an idea that some ports like ikalu could now be frozen over

=============================================

bridges, buildings etc should also have a more frosted look as they too would have been effected by the freeze - and i think most if not all the water should have a thin ice covering - only passable in its thicker parts or through narrow passages otherwise the ports become obsolete

============================================

in terms of new resource pairs could i suggest forraging for berries or hunting wild animals

========================================

to redress the distance from sanctuary issue some secret passageways / tunnels could be included that take you to the island as IMHO no territory should have a significant advantage in taking the sanctuary and neutrals can solve this problem only to a certain degree - one possible secret passageway could be between Gunn and Duht

===========================================

getting back to my frozen ports idea if Rhit port was frozen over the people of that kingdom might have built a new port at Ieme which immediatly adds another terr. between Aoria and the sanctuary (and addresses an issue some (not me) had with chapter 1

============================================

if my proposed secret passage between gunn and duht was added along with the freezing of rhit to be replaced by Ieme all 6 castles would be 4/5 terrs. from the sanctuary

===========================================

will be posting again with other comments - but those are some initial thoughts
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
User avatar
Private rebelman
 
Posts: 2968
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:24 pm
Location: People's Republic of Cork
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:28 am

V4
DONE:
* replaced corn farm and corn mill with rabbit farm and butchery
* replaced wheat field and bakery with berry field and basket weaver
* added routes on the ice bridge to indicate it's purpose.
* added road signs on the ice bridge for feeling and for further indication that that's a path.
* modified the legend and resource graphics to represent the new changes.
* added a glow to the sanctuary to draw attention on it.
* drank hot chocolate while looking at family guy

TO-DO
* xml (yeti_c)
* small version

image:
Image
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10412
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:31 am

good to see your having a drink the road signs along with marks are great, makes it obvious that the ice is a path

i assum voigth can attack crock etc, like they can go anywhere or do they have to go to G'th??
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant lord voldemort
 
Posts: 9595
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Launceston, Australia
Medals: 75
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (17) Tribe Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11)
General Contribution (3)

Postby yeti_c on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:32 am

Move the legend down a little bit - to ensure access to the far dock...

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9624
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby Coleman on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:32 am

I think that evil glow would look good on the sanctuary shield too. Especially now that it is pretty much the same color as Rabbit Farm.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby Coleman on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:33 am

lord voldemort wrote:i assum voigth can attack crock etc, like they can go anywhere or do they have to go to G'th??
I'm 99-100% sure that's correct, the 4 way and 3 way road signs would be silly otherwise.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby Coleman on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:36 am

rebelman wrote:===========================================

getting back to my frozen ports idea if Rhit port was frozen over the people of that kingdom might have built a new port at Ieme which immediatly adds another terr. between Aoria and the sanctuary (and addresses an issue some (not me) had with chapter 1

============================================
I really like this one. I think Rhit shouldn't even be a village now and should look heavily damaged.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:39 am

rebelman wrote:a few observations (will be back with more)

corn farm and corn mill, wheat field and bakery - considering what happened these resource pair are now useless - they should be removed from the map or in terms of accuracy remain but without any bonus ie a useless resource pair. some new rescouce pair should probably relace them but in a manner that counteracts the imbalance I have outlined below


new resource pairs added above

rebelman wrote:distance to sanctuary without connecting mines: (the proposed mines change will not shorten these distances & i am assuming the floating ice / ice bridge is not a terr.)

Aoria 3 terr.

Xi 4 terr.

Figye 5 terr.

Mua 5 terr.

Ghyr 6 terr.

Borun 5 terr.


yep the distances are right. they will be tweaked to have the same neutrals value despite the diff number of terits.

rebelman wrote:it may be an idea that some ports like ikalu could now be frozen over


why?

rebelman wrote:bridges, buildings etc should also have a more frosted look as they too would have been effected by the freeze - and i think most if not all the water should have a thin ice covering - only passable in its thicker parts or through narrow passages otherwise the ports become obsolete


i don't want all the water to be frozen, it's common knowledge that where the watter is deep it doesn't freeze.
but the buildings and bridges can be frozen. only problem is that this would make them harder to see.

rebelman wrote:in terms of new resource pairs could i suggest forraging for berries or hunting wild animals


look at post above

rebelman wrote:to redress the distance from sanctuary issue some secret passageways / tunnels could be included that take you to the island as IMHO no territory should have a significant advantage in taking the sanctuary and neutrals can solve this problem only to a certain degree - one possible secret passageway could be between Gunn and Duht


hmm not fond of that secret passage because:
1. need explanation in legend and i don't have space
2. logical reasoning
3. graphic representation.

rebelman wrote:getting back to my frozen ports idea if Rhit port was frozen over the people of that kingdom might have built a new port at Ieme which immediatly adds another terr. between Aoria and the sanctuary (and addresses an issue some (not me) had with chapter 1


but then aoria would have the advantage of taking 2 villages without having exposed itself by taking a dock. aoria would become too powerful.

rebelman wrote:if my proposed secret passage between gunn and duht was added along with the freezing of rhit to be replaced by Ieme all 6 castles would be 4/5 terrs. from the sanctuary


i still would like to balance through neutrals.

rebelman wrote:will be posting again with other comments - but those are some initial thoughts


will be waiting
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10412
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:43 am

lord voldemort wrote:good to see your having a drink the road signs along with marks are great, makes it obvious that the ice is a path

i assum voigth can attack crock etc, like they can go anywhere or do they have to go to G'th??


the terits connected to the ice path can attack all other terits connected to the ice path. for example rongar can attack croch voigth and g'th
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10412
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:44 am

yeti_c wrote:Move the legend down a little bit - to ensure access to the far dock...

C.


will do in next update
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10412
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:45 am

Coleman wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:i assum voigth can attack crock etc, like they can go anywhere or do they have to go to G'th??
I'm 99-100% sure that's correct, the 4 way and 3 way road signs would be silly otherwise.


can go anyway. that's why i put the road signs that show all directions.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10412
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby yeti_c on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:45 am

PS I'll do XML tomorrow.

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9624
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:49 am

Coleman wrote:
rebelman wrote:===========================================

getting back to my frozen ports idea if Rhit port was frozen over the people of that kingdom might have built a new port at Ieme which immediatly adds another terr. between Aoria and the sanctuary (and addresses an issue some (not me) had with chapter 1

============================================
I really like this one. I think Rhit shouldn't even be a village now and should look heavily damaged.


yeah but if i make a dock in ieme and destroy rhit village then aoria will have just 1 village.
if i leave rhit and move the dock to ieme then aoria will have 2 villages and could take them without exposing itself by taking a dock. :wink:

if you really want rhit not to touch aoria then i can simply extend aheo to touch butchery and thus make rhit 2 attacks away from aoria.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10412
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:50 am

with the por territory could i suggest some wider ice, hard to read caus it ends at the same, there are som others like this, that maybe the names could be moved. or the ice extended

just my opinion though
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant lord voldemort
 
Posts: 9595
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Launceston, Australia
Medals: 75
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (17) Tribe Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11)
General Contribution (3)

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:55 am

lord voldemort wrote:with the por territory could i suggest some wider ice, hard to read caus it ends at the same, there are som others like this, that maybe the names could be moved. or the ice extended

just my opinion though


done for por, qasr and butchery. will be seen in next update.
Last edited by DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10412
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby Coleman on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:56 am

DiM wrote:
Coleman wrote:
rebelman wrote:===========================================

getting back to my frozen ports idea if Rhit port was frozen over the people of that kingdom might have built a new port at Ieme which immediatly adds another terr. between Aoria and the sanctuary (and addresses an issue some (not me) had with chapter 1

============================================
I really like this one. I think Rhit shouldn't even be a village now and should look heavily damaged.


yeah but if i make a dock in ieme and destroy rhit village then aoria will have just 1 village.
if i leave rhit and move the dock to ieme then aoria will have 2 villages and could take them without exposing itself by taking a dock. :wink:

if you really want rhit not to touch aoria then i can simply extend aheo to touch butchery and thus make rhit 2 attacks away from aoria.


I was meaning the new dock would also be a village but meh, whatever.

Ignoring my sanctuary shield post? :lol:
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:58 am

Coleman wrote:
DiM wrote:
Coleman wrote:
rebelman wrote:===========================================

getting back to my frozen ports idea if Rhit port was frozen over the people of that kingdom might have built a new port at Ieme which immediatly adds another terr. between Aoria and the sanctuary (and addresses an issue some (not me) had with chapter 1

============================================
I really like this one. I think Rhit shouldn't even be a village now and should look heavily damaged.


yeah but if i make a dock in ieme and destroy rhit village then aoria will have just 1 village.
if i leave rhit and move the dock to ieme then aoria will have 2 villages and could take them without exposing itself by taking a dock. :wink:

if you really want rhit not to touch aoria then i can simply extend aheo to touch butchery and thus make rhit 2 attacks away from aoria.


I was meaning the new dock would also be a village but meh, whatever.

Ignoring my sanctuary shield post? :lol:


the shield is already done. will be seen in next update.

so move rhit village and dock in ieme? i can do that. what does everybody think?
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10412
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby yeti_c on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:01 am

I don't think you should modify the original territories - so move the village and Dock to the next one is fine... leave a trail of destruction though...

This works too - as the Corn Farm was ruined and the villagers died out as they struggled to feed themselves... until a new food source was discovered. The survivors felt that they didn't want to stay in the ruins of their old village as they had discovered a better location nearer to the food.

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9624
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:05 am

yeti_c wrote:I don't think you should modify the original territories - so move the village and Dock to the next one is fine... leave a trail of destruction though...

This works too - as the Corn Farm was ruined and the villagers died out as they struggled to feed themselves... until a new food source was discovered. The survivors felt that they didn't want to stay in the ruins of their old village as they had discovered a better location nearer to the food.

C.


sounds good!!

yer as long as a bit of destruction is left behind
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant lord voldemort
 
Posts: 9595
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Launceston, Australia
Medals: 75
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (17) Tribe Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11)
General Contribution (3)

Postby rebelman on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:15 am

thank you for your prompt replies to my proposals / comments i have one small concern mainly after hearing feedback on the grass in the madness map - i believer some players will assume that the new ice on the waters edge will join all terrritories touching it - im aware this is not the case but this needs to be clearer preferably graphically so the forum doesnt have to be adjusted.

As of now people could wrongly assume the following connections: (Cracks in the ice or small ice movements could solve these)

Mua and Aosa

Eon and Tait

Eon and Chelt

Eon and Aelmo

Eon and Roa

Eon and Ikalu

Lynn and Aelmo

lynn and Roa

Lynn and Ikalu

Aelmo and Ikalu

etc. etc. (got sick of completing this list - you get the idea)

==============================================

some of the villages from chap 1 need not be villages this time (having a secret tunnel could be explained this way ie the village people fled through the tunnel in search of warmth and shelter
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
User avatar
Private rebelman
 
Posts: 2968
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:24 pm
Location: People's Republic of Cork
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:15 am

V5
DONE:
*added glow to the sanctuary shield
*froze rhit dock and moved village to ieme and built a new dock there.
*extended ice so the por, qasr and butchery names would be perfectly visible.
*moved the legend down a bit to indicate that sler is connected to the other docks.

Image
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10412
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:21 am

rebelman wrote:
As of now people could wrongly assume the following connections: (Cracks in the ice or small ice movements could solve these)

Mua and Aosa

Eon and Tait

Eon and Chelt

Eon and Aelmo

Eon and Roa

Eon and Ikalu

Lynn and Aelmo

lynn and Roa

Lynn and Ikalu

Aelmo and Ikalu

etc. etc. (got sick of completing this list - you get the idea)





i dnt think someone would assume that
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant lord voldemort
 
Posts: 9595
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Launceston, Australia
Medals: 75
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (17) Tribe Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11)
General Contribution (3)

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:21 am

lord voldemort wrote:
yeti_c wrote:I don't think you should modify the original territories - so move the village and Dock to the next one is fine... leave a trail of destruction though...

This works too - as the Corn Farm was ruined and the villagers died out as they struggled to feed themselves... until a new food source was discovered. The survivors felt that they didn't want to stay in the ruins of their old village as they had discovered a better location nearer to the food.

C.


sounds good!!

yer as long as a bit of destruction is left behind


look at v5. unfortunatelly i was working and did not see you posted this.
so you say a trail of destruction. i'm not sure how i could graphically represent this. :(
perhaps some houses totally covered in snow :shock:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10412
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:23 am

lord voldemort wrote:
rebelman wrote:
As of now people could wrongly assume the following connections: (Cracks in the ice or small ice movements could solve these)

Mua and Aosa

Eon and Tait

Eon and Chelt

Eon and Aelmo

Eon and Roa

Eon and Ikalu

Lynn and Aelmo

lynn and Roa

Lynn and Ikalu

Aelmo and Ikalu

etc. etc. (got sick of completing this list - you get the idea)





i dnt think someone would assume that


i'm with lord voldemort on this one. why would people assume that? the only ice that connects things has a path and road signs. the other don't.

i could add cracks, that's easy but it would look kinda artificial to have cracks where every border is :(
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10412
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users