Conquer Club

Das Schloß [QUENCHED #2]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Das Schloß [QUENCHED #2]

Postby Jippd on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:16 am

I think that the bonus areas for the castle and airport should be more clearly defined. I play the map A LOT so of course it is simple to me. While playing an opponent recently though they brought up that it is not clearly marked what is flughafen or das schlob. Looking at the map I agree that it is not clear at all. Perhaps the border needs to be thicker around the castle/airport territs or some kind of shading/coloring to be assigned?

Just my .02 but it would improve the map and make it more user friendly I think.
Major Jippd

Postby cairnswk on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:02 am

Jippd wrote:I think that the bonus areas for the castle and airport should be more clearly defined. I play the map A LOT so of course it is simple to me. While playing an opponent recently though they brought up that it is not clearly marked what is flughafen or das schlob. Looking at the map I agree that it is not clear at all. Perhaps the border needs to be thicker around the castle/airport territs or some kind of shading/coloring to be assigned?

Just my .02 but it would improve the map and make it more user friendly I think.

Jippd, thanks for bothering to comment..appreciated!
Yes i can see how it possibly needs to be better defined...I'll see what i can do!
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:29 am

In consdieration of the above request, this is Version 46 small.
If it's acceptable then i will produc the large and have it uploaded subject to approval of the mods.
I have placed a grey brick wall under the Schloss part in the legend and the airport is outlined by a subtle soft purple same as in its legend.
the changes are subtle so not to detract from the rest of the map.

Private cairnswk

Postby Jippd on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:41 am

I see the change for the castle but don't really notice anything for the airport
Major Jippd

Postby cairnswk on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:48 am

Jippd wrote:I see the change for the castle but don't really notice anything for the airport

If the castle is clearer, then by default shouldn't the airport also be clearer.
I don't want to take those colours any further as it would destroy the feeling of the map, and in fact looking at it now, it already has changed the colours and i don't really like it anymore, because now instead of blue being the subdominant colour in the legend, it's gray and purple and that doesn't mix well with the blue in the eagle which dominates....oh well back to the drawing board.
Private cairnswk

Postby Jippd on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:49 pm

I think one of the problems is that all of the flughafen territories are different colors...some just solid white, some are gray and some are white with these blue lines on them. To someone new to the map they will probably wonder where flughafen is...and if they can figure out that it is that top right cluster they may be unsure as to which territories count towards the 5/11/19 bonus.

if you want to work with/bring out the blue in the eagle you could change the airport tiles all to a white with a blue tint to them?
Major Jippd

Postby cairnswk on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Jippd wrote:I think one of the problems is that all of the flughafen territories are different colors...some just solid white, some are gray and some are white with these blue lines on them. To someone new to the map they will probably wonder where flughafen is...and if they can figure out that it is that top right cluster they may be unsure as to which territories count towards the 5/11/19 bonus.

if you want to work with/bring out the blue in the eagle you could change the airport tiles all to a white with a blue tint to them?

This is the solution.
The airport has now been changed back to blue; i have also added the Flaghfen Perimeter indcator to ansure that qnyone dsoesn't miss it; and there are now two references as to what is encompassed by the Schloss Walls.

Private cairnswk

Postby silversun6 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:30 am

after 55 games on this map i still don't understand something :
das dorf bonus ?

i have 5 white regions on it , how come i don't receive it ?

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x475/Leon_Kerner/dass_zpsb66ce1bf.png
Colonel silversun6

Postby nolefan5311 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:44 am

silversun6 wrote:after 55 games on this map i still don't understand something :
das dorf bonus ?

Those territories aren't the Das Dorf territories. DD1, DD2, DD3, DD4, Kneipe, Markt, Militarlager, and Holz-Schuppen comprise the Das Dorf bonus.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby silversun6 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:28 am

nolefan5311 wrote:
silversun6 wrote:after 55 games on this map i still don't understand something :
das dorf bonus ?

Those territories aren't the Das Dorf territories. DD1, DD2, DD3, DD4, Kneipe, Markt, Militarlager, and Holz-Schuppen comprise the Das Dorf bonus.

great , thank you very much !
Colonel silversun6

Postby Sirius Kase on Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:58 pm

Lot's of awesome photographs and words about this castle, town, airport, etc.

http://mitteleuropa.x10.mx/filmlocation ... _dare.html
[img]https://s24.postimg.org/6rwmdezkl/signature-_IWWYL8_P7.png[/img]
Corporal Sirius Kase

Postby Murphalot on Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:10 pm

2 Questions:

1) - what is the bonus for the Ss1 - Ss7 territories? and what are they even called? They are the same grey color as the Ds1 - Ds13 and Fs1 - Fs6..... but none of the Ss1 - Ss7 are listed in the legend with the other bonuses.... i am confused.

2) - are the player spawn position within the Airport and City and Castle included within their respective bonus area? Example= if i'm up in the airport, and i occupy the HANGER, plus K1, K2, K3, and K4 .....does that grant me the +3 bonus armies for holding 5 territories in the airport?

Thanks
Major Murphalot

Postby xroads on Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:45 pm

Murphalot wrote:2 Questions:

1) - what is the bonus for the Ss1 - Ss7 territories? and what are they even called? They are the same grey color as the Ds1 - Ds13 and Fs1 - Fs6..... but none of the Ss1 - Ss7 are listed in the legend with the other bonuses.... i am confused.

There is no specific bonus for these, just the normal region bonus 1 for every 3

2) - are the player spawn position within the Airport and City and Castle included within their respective bonus area? Example= if i'm up in the airport, and i occupy the HANGER, plus K1, K2, K3, and K4 .....does that grant me the +3 bonus armies for holding 5 territories in the airport?

Yes it does.

Thanks
Captain xroads

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas