MÉXICO [BETA] p1/18 --Sep 11th--

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby fumandomuerte on Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:50 am

Thanks for the comments, I made some changes based on them :).
I did like the anillo central unmerged, but it could be a problem during the game causing some confussion.

I added the airports to connect all with Anillo Central, as if it was the real wolrd... Centralism.
Thanks to the CC staff for the perma-ban on ۩░▒▓₪№™℮₪▓▒░۩!
Captain fumandomuerte

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) General Contribution (2)

Postby militant on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:56 am

I really like the bonuses for the ports, especially the pacific and Gulf ports, i agree with edbeard that the airports need to be removed, if not removed then change the symbol, they look a lttle cramped. I really like the map overall though.
Guys I am intentionally lurking. Discuss; Play mafia, it is good.
Oderint Dum Metuant says: Don't confuse the easily confused!
Sergeant 1st Class militant

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby iancanton on Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:37 pm

this map looks great, but i like the original version, with the df and expanded six-territory anillo central, even more.

mexico is a very centralised country and we need the large area around mexico city to show how important the capital city is. this means a lot of the action will be in the mexico city area, just like real life. bring back the expanded anillo central! don't worry about confusing people because some maps use this technique already, for example bamboo jack.

where to put anillo central? delete the three islas (and move the abbreviations). having no native population, the islas are of no importance.

ian. :)
Colonel iancanton
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6) General Contribution (12)

Postby wcaclimbing on Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:05 pm

where it says "ports doesnt form parts of continents", it should say "ports are not part of any continent".
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Version 3

Postby fumandomuerte on Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:24 am

VERSION 3
Details on first post---> GO
SMALL
Captain fumandomuerte

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) General Contribution (2)

Postby Skittles! on Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:32 am

With Anillo Central, does QRO attack SLP and GTO and Mich? And all that other territories that border other territories?
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Corporal Skittles!

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby fumandomuerte on Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:41 am

Skittles! wrote:With Anillo Central, does QRO attack SLP and GTO and Mich? And all that other territories that border other territories?

I think it's very clear that QRO attacks SLP, GTO, Mich. (Michoacán), Hidalgo and EM.
I don't understand the second question, can u be more specific? :D
Captain fumandomuerte

Postby Skittles! on Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:53 am

fumandomuerte wrote:
Skittles! wrote:With Anillo Central, does QRO attack SLP and GTO and Mich? And all that other territories that border other territories?

I think it's very clear that QRO attacks SLP, GTO, Mich. (Michoacán), Hidalgo and EM.
I don't understand the second question, can u be more specific? :D

Ahkay, that answers my question. I was just wondering because I wanted clarification. thanks. :) it's look pretty good.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Corporal Skittles!

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby edbeard on Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:39 am

I love the new update. I think this map is ready for the main foundry.

I think your bonuses are a bit too high in a few places.

My recommendations

Sur - 2
Norte - 4
Golfo - 3
Occidente - 4

the rest I think are probably fine.
Major edbeard

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Postby Coleman on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:22 pm

Not to make it look like I just do what edbeard says :roll: but...

Sergeant Coleman

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby tenio on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:30 pm

i don't like mexico 3.0

I Love mexico 2.0

The colors and everything on 2.0 are just so much better then 3.0

maybe break mexico city into 2 territories or something

also the airport was a great idea

instead of a legend maybe you should have a mini-map?
Cadet tenio

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Postby Coleman on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:51 pm

I also prefer the colors of 2.0, but I like everything else about 3.0 better.
Sergeant Coleman

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby jakejake on Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:13 am

i like a lot!! :lol:
Private 1st Class jakejake

Postby cairnswk on Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:07 pm

why are you using sqaure and round army circles...consistency shoudl be a priority.
Corporal cairnswk

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby yeti_c on Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:16 pm

Great start here... Keep up the good work - Liking the "fresh" colours from V2...

But the layout from V3 is good.

Also - your army shadows aren't good on a white background...

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas