Sydney Metro [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Sydney Metro V24 (P10) XML done [Final Forge]

Postby edbeard on Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:33 pm

I'm pretty sure I remember other people mentioning it too.

It's not really a big deal, but I think it's weird to say it goes both ways when there's nowhere on the map that is a one-way.
Major edbeard

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:36 pm

edbeard wrote:I'm pretty sure I remember other people mentioning it too.

It's not really a big deal, but I think it's weird to say it goes both ways when there's nowhere on the map that is a one-way.

yes. i don't think it's a big deal either. It simply clarifies what is already there.
Corporal cairnswk

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:08 pm

Thanks again Forza!

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby t-o-m on Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:19 pm

woo...almost there agauin cairns
Colonel t-o-m

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby cairnswk on Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:43 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Image

Thanks again Forza!

--Andy

Thanks Andy.
Corporal cairnswk

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: Sydney Metro V24 (Finals P14) [Final Forge]

Postby cairnswk on Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:46 pm

XML link
http://h1.ripway.com/cairnswk/_sydney_metro_030608.xml

Version 24 Small
Click image to enlarge.

Version 24 Large.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal cairnswk

Postby yeti_c on Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:10 am

Cairns - I've unravelled the mystery of the weird ferry routes text...

I was looking at this image...
Click image to enlarge.

Not this one...
Click image to enlarge.

As you can see - the image I was looking at crops the last bit of the map... which concerns the ferry routes and arrows...

Which makes a lot more sense now.

It's still a bit over wordy - but actually does make sense (which it didn't without the lower bit!)

So in conclusion - you can do what you want with that bit...

Although I still think you should drop the word "to" in "Except to buses" (although I would prefer the whole bit to go but it would word better as "Except buses")

But apologies for losing this part of the map for my critiquing.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:54 pm

yeti_c wrote:Cairns - I've unravelled the mystery of the weird ferry routes text...

I was looking at this image...
Click image to enlarge.

Not this one...
Click image to enlarge.

As you can see - the image I was looking at crops the last bit of the map... which concerns the ferry routes and arrows...

Which makes a lot more sense now.

It's still a bit over wordy - but actually does make sense (which it didn't without the lower bit!)

So in conclusion - you can do what you want with that bit...

Although I still think you should drop the word "to" in "Except to buses" (although I would prefer the whole bit to go but it would word better as "Except buses")

But apologies for losing this part of the map for my critiquing.

C.

No worries C...mistakes can happen as i too well know.
I am still not in favour in adjusting the text on the Impassables in the legend to remove the "to"
Having the "to" there implies that the freeways are impassable (except [to the]buses).
Remove the to, and it reads "Impassables (Freeways) [&] (except Buses).
Leaving it as is. :)
Corporal cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:55 pm

Finals now.- Quench!!
ImageImageImageImageImage

XML link
http://h1.ripway.com/cairnswk/_sydney_metro_030608.xml

Version 24 Small
Click image to enlarge.

Version 24 Large.
Click image to enlarge.
Last edited by cairnswk on Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal cairnswk

Re: Sydney Metro V24 (Finals - P14) [Final Forge]

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:07 am

whats the wait
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (3)

Re: Sydney Metro V24 (Finals - P14) [Final Forge]

Postby cairnswk on Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:20 pm

lord voldemort wrote:whats the wait

have no idea, but i guess the server going down didn't help. ;)
Corporal cairnswk

Re: Sydney Metro [Final Forge] - Awaiting Quench

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:55 pm

Quenching

---The Final Forge period has concluded for the Sydney Metro Map. All objections have had their time. The Foundry and I hereby brand this map with the Foundry Brand. Let it be known that this map is now ready for live play (barring any Lack vetoes).

Conquer Club, enjoy!

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Sydney Metro [Quenched]

Postby BENJIKAT IS DEAD on Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:42 pm

congrats cairnswk - there's no stopping you!!!!
Colonel BENJIKAT IS DEAD

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Sydney Metro [Quenched]

Postby brandoncfi on Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:24 am

congrats
Highest point total 2774 and a rank of Colonel.
OSA of You
OSA Obsructing Your Sleep
GO STEELERS !!!
Cook brandoncfi

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (9)

Re: Sydney Metro [Final Forge] - Awaiting Quench

Postby cairnswk on Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:22 am

AndyDufresne wrote:....
--Andy

Thanks Andy. Much appreciated. One for the Aussies!

BENJIKAT IS DEAD wrote:congrats cairnswk - there's no stopping you!!!!

brandoncfi wrote:congrats

Thanks as always guys!
Corporal cairnswk

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas