LLLUUUKKKEEE wrote:YEAH, its back.
Keep up the good work,
dont tell the shire people though.
Nothing better then seeing them left out.
I do beleive its big enough. It would be to hard to include all of sydney, Im just glad you got where i live - Revesby.
Sir. Ricco wrote:I like it so far the colors blend very well. Not so blinding as some maps. I like how you put a lot of defensive points in.
Interested in a classic style map for Sydney in Australia?
Poll ended at Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:43 am
Yes - With some graphic/gameplay touch-ups
Other - please explain in the thread
Total votes : 28
natty_dread wrote:I was wrong
natty_dread wrote:I was wrong
FreeMan10 wrote:5) it seems odd that the legend has a brown border around the outside of it, while the rest of the actual map doesn't have any border at all. I'd say keep the brown line as a separator, but remove it from the outside border. That'll give you a few more pixels for the actual map.
Sir. Ricco wrote:Ok, here some things I just like to bring up
1. Do you really need those Stop lights? They kind of crowd the map
3. The ferry routes are just a little confusing. I get them, but I can see them becoming a problem to the...*Amen* noobs.
4. Inner West I think should be knocked down to 2 bonuses. With only two ways to get into it, it would be pretty easies to defend.
RjBeals wrote:1) The color bars where the bonus region names are along the left side - could you extend the right side of those bars so they fall underneath the bolder legend border? I also see something between those color bars bleeding through - not sure what it is though.
2) The water routes are a little confusing. since they are so close and all lead to opera house, they get jumbled up around there. What about lines instead of dots - like beveled/flowing lines?
3) I like the traffic lights. Keep them. But I think the road crossings could be a little better than current. Maybe make them slanted instead of horizontal?
4) Your territory font is perfect. What did you use anyway? I love it. Perfect size, perfect amount of drop shadow - well done.
5) Colors are perfect as well.
gimil wrote:I agree with everything RJ says except I think the terr names could use the slightest bit of transparency.
Also the Olympic Park is missing a drop shadow.
bryguy wrote:u cant see the upper left corner of the 'H' in opera house cause the stop sign is on it, could u modify that so that u can?
some peoplemight thing that since the army circle is on the other side of a dotted line from the title of KS It'l Airport that it is part of another territory (just felt like pointing that out, it would probably not be that big a problem)
other than that the map looks great except for all the feiry lines converging on one spot (gets a little confusing)
keep up the good work cairns
FreeMan10 wrote:Hey Cairns-
Looking pretty spiffy!
A couple of graphical notes-
1) the Balmoral/Taronga Zoo border runs over the 2nd A in Taronga.
2) I agree with RjB's note about the color bars for the legend - there seems to be uneven spacing between them, and some sort of white vertical stripe shows through on the right side of the bars.
3) Ryde's legend bar doesn't seem to merge well with the brown border.
4) the legend border at Parramatta overruns the text for Auburn
5) it seems odd that the legend has a brown border around the outside of it, while the rest of the actual map doesn't have any border at all. I'd say keep the brown line as a separator, but remove it from the outside border. That'll give you a few more pixels for the actual map.
6) It might make more sense to hyphenate Cen-tenn-i-al than Cent-enn-ial. Then again, that's coming from one who doesn't speak the Queen's English, so opinions may differ...
7) Maybe take the extra few pixels from #5 and stretch the Opera House/Centennial Park area to give yourself a smidge of breathing room there.
greenoaks wrote:would Centen-nial fit ?
RjBeals wrote:Disagree. I like the way the entire legend area has the brown border. My vote is to keep it.
RjBeals wrote:Love the update, but I'm not so sure I'm down with totally removing the ferry attack routes. Sure you explain it there, but I think there needs to be a path to follow as well.
oaktown wrote:RjBeals wrote:Love the update, but I'm not so sure I'm down with totally removing the ferry attack routes. Sure you explain it there, but I think there needs to be a path to follow as well.
I can live with removing the ferry routes, but it seems that the territories that can attack/be attacked via a ferry route need some type of symbol to indicate this to players. I can just see it now...
2008-05-10 09:14:43 - oaktown: what the... how'd you do that?
2008-05-10 09:12:17 - oaktown: Crap, forgot the damn ferry routes. Cairnswk!! :p
Users browsing this forum: No registered users