Halloween Hollows [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS V4 (P2) - New colours

Postby whitestazn88 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:01 pm

the legend is horrific at this point mibi, pretty much unreadable. then for the riddles, shouldn't it say the spider can "bite you" instead of "bit you anytime"

and if you're taking this out, when is gim or andy or oak gonna move it
Last edited by whitestazn88 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class whitestazn88
 
Posts: 3127
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: behind you
Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS V4 (P2) - New colours

Postby whitestazn88 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:02 pm

and then in terms of gameplay, i'd recommend some more impassables, gravestones would make good ones in the animal cemetary or w/e, cobwebs, pumpkins, etc
Sergeant 1st Class whitestazn88
 
Posts: 3127
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: behind you
Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS V4 (P2) - New colours

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:08 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:the legend is horrific at this point mibi, pretty much unreadable. then for the riddles, shouldn't it say the spider can "bite you" instead of "bit you anytime"

and if you're taking this out, when is gim or andy or oak gonna move it

are you talking to me or mibi.... :?

Gimil said he would move it several hours ago "after dinner", but....oh well :o
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS V4 (P2) - New colours

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:12 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:and then in terms of gameplay, i'd recommend some more impassables, gravestones would make good ones in the animal cemetary or w/e, cobwebs, pumpkins, etc


Yes, thanks for those suggestions....i was hoping someone would input on that...i had been thinking of how to do all this...so look forward to something or rather.
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS V4 (P2) - New colours

Postby whitestazn88 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:33 pm

cairnswk wrote:
whitestazn88 wrote:the legend is horrific at this point mibi, pretty much unreadable. then for the riddles, shouldn't it say the spider can "bite you" instead of "bit you anytime"

and if you're taking this out, when is gim or andy or oak gonna move it

are you talking to me or mibi.... :?

Gimil said he would move it several hours ago "after dinner", but....oh well :o


i meant you but for some reason, i guess mibi is easier to type than cairns
Sergeant 1st Class whitestazn88
 
Posts: 3127
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: behind you
Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS V4 (P2) - New colours

Postby cairnswk on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:51 am

Image
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS V4 (P2) - New colours

Postby whitestazn88 on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:30 am

nice update, now if only gim would move it....
Sergeant 1st Class whitestazn88
 
Posts: 3127
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: behind you
Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS V4 (P2) - New colours

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:21 pm

Rising from the dead...per Cairnswk's request.


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25039
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS V4 (P2) - New colours

Postby cairnswk on Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:35 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Rising from the dead...per Cairnswk's request.


--Andy


Thanks Andy. Appreciated as always.
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS V5 (P3) - Impassables

Postby cairnswk on Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:00 pm

Version 5.
As per suggested....
whitestazn88 wrote:and then in terms of gameplay, i'd recommend some more impassables, gravestones would make good ones in the animal cemetary or w/e, cobwebs, pumpkins, etc


i've added some icons as impassables.

The legend is also re-arranged.

Image
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS V5 (P3) - Impassables

Postby edbeard on Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:44 pm

I think this map still has the same problems as before

1. Can't match the side legend to the bonus areas

2. text isn't readable on the bottom legend.

3. I can't tell what attacks what in the graveyard (plus the tombstone and terrace names are hardly visible)

4. the whole riddle thing doesn't work for me. you're just going to confuse people. I can hardly tell what your meaning is there and people not as familiar with the english language or those who just aren't bright are going to be totally confused.

5. the witch can attack anywhere, but what can attack the witch?
User avatar
Major edbeard
 
Posts: 2501
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:41 am
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Re: HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS V5 (P3) - Impassables

Postby cairnswk on Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:56 pm

edbeard wrote:I think this map still has the same problems as before

1. Can't match the side legend to the bonus areas

2. text isn't readable on the bottom legend.

3. I can't tell what attacks what in the graveyard (plus the tombstone and terrace names are hardly visible)

4. the whole riddle thing doesn't work for me. you're just going to confuse people. I can hardly tell what your meaning is there and people not as familiar with the english language or those who just aren't bright are going to be totally confused.

5. the witch can attack anywhere, but what can attack the witch?


onya edbeard....totally negative again. ;) you must remember i don't work inside the same box as you
please refresh your screen and look again at the legend, i have updated the legend area colours.
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS V5 (P3) - Impassables

Postby cairnswk on Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:02 pm

Version 6.
The Wiccan Beach fence has been moved coz i realised it wasn't acting as impassable on anything.

Image
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS V5 (P3) - Impassables

Postby Androidz on Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:05 pm

cairnswk wrote:
edbeard wrote:I think this map still has the same problems as before

1. Can't match the side legend to the bonus areas

2. text isn't readable on the bottom legend.

3. I can't tell what attacks what in the graveyard (plus the tombstone and terrace names are hardly visible)

4. the whole riddle thing doesn't work for me. you're just going to confuse people. I can hardly tell what your meaning is there and people not as familiar with the english language or those who just aren't bright are going to be totally confused.

5. the witch can attack anywhere, but what can attack the witch?


onya edbeard....totally negative again. ;) you must remember i don't work inside the same box as you
please refresh your screen and look again at the legend, i have updated the legend area colours.


The riddles is pretty readable but the rest isint. What about blood red or slimegreen? could you use that? or Black with silverish glow all those fitt the haloween team.

As for the Terretorie names could you use same colours as you use at the title?


Now is this typho?:

The Web Only Eovers Animal Farm. I see all the versions you have made have: Eovers so i coulent see if its was ment to be like that or if should be Covers?
Image
User avatar
Private Androidz
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:03 am
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS V5 (P3) - Impassables

Postby edbeard on Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:07 pm

Yea. I'm a negative nellie.


the change helped slightly..Maybe use coloured text instead of coloured areas? The colours on top of grey might work.


it's not a typo. all the c's looks like e's

the other part of the legend doesn't say ieon. it says icon. but this is why I'd prefer something else. it doesn't say fenees either (fences)
User avatar
Major edbeard
 
Posts: 2501
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:41 am
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Login