Incandenza wrote:Sooooo I'm coming to realize that it's not a simple thing to be able to just look at a map and divine gameplay, especially given the vagaries of setting and individual skill.
Which begs the question: cairns, how do you see various types of gameplay working on this map? To me it seems like a more constricted version of sydney, but I've played that map a grand total of one time so it's not like I'm an expert. And more to the point, what would you say would be the ideal settings for a game?
For the short and sweet answer: backstabbing central would be the ideal setting.
For a longer answer:
1. no cards is going to be extremely long games.
2. foggy games will be difficult also because not all continent territories are 100% grouped/connected
3. game might be OK for a no-so-short speed game on 1v1v1, but i doubt it with 81 terts.
4. anything 4 player and above would be ideal so that the game doesn't take too long, and i guess escalating would be necessary
5. i don't see it working too well with no cards or flat rate
6. the emperors and the middle meridian terts are going to be extremely hard to defend
7. freestyle might be really good to get a good strong-hold in order to backstab oppoonents.
8. and i guess assassin and terminator games would also do well although it is a big map to chase players around in.
My overall preference is for escalating games.
What do you think?
I don't think this map is anythging like Sydney. Sydney is open because of the bus depots, but this doesn't have that aspect, although it does have the unconnected terts from one continent in another (Olympic Park)
But this definitely not like Sydney map.