Conquer Club

Europe 1914 [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: EUROPE 1914---new update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!24 avg page 1-2

Postby t-o-m on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:21 am

qwert wrote:What you mean?

I just mean could you take some of the exclamation marks out of the title please, it makes me not want to view the thread :?
maybe just have this:
Europe 1914 - New Update! 24th August

Instead of:
EUROPE 1914---NEW UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Major t-o-m

Postby Qwert on Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:22 pm

I just mean could you take some of the exclamation marks out of the title please, it makes me not want to view the thread
maybe just have this:
Europe 1914 - New Update! 24th August

Instead of:
EUROPE 1914---NEW UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These example help a loot, aim whas not understand previous post
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: EUROPE 1914-New Update!28 avg page 1-4

Postby Qwert on Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:41 pm

new update,i add all importan things for Idea stamp.
These mean,Explanation for yellow,abreviations for Be,Bs,A,M,
Bonuses.

Click image to enlarge.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Androidz on Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:48 pm

qwert wrote:new update,i add all importan things for Idea stamp.
These mean,Explanation for yellow,abreviations for Be,Bs,A,M,
Bonuses.

Click image to enlarge.

I like this new unique gameplay qwrt=)
Private Androidz

Postby Qwert on Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:56 pm

Thanks Androidz.

PS-androidz aim all ready tell you that no need to upload same image when you posting ;)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Androidz on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:04 pm

qwert wrote:Thanks Androidz.

PS-androidz aim all ready tell you that no need to upload same image when you posting ;)

hehe sorry:D
Private Androidz

Postby Cdkutusu on Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:39 pm

So did i get it right? If somebody holds Ottoman Empire, he will get 3 for Ottoman Empire, and 3 for holding 7 Central Power territory?

Its not such a good idea i think...

Also, drops can finish the game pretty easily, you should make at least some of the capitals neutral.
Lets say if i get 1 capital, and 3 lands next to the capitals... I can finish the game in 2nd turn even, if nobody notices what I'm doing (consider fog of war)
Corporal Cdkutusu

Postby lt_oddball on Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:42 pm

qwert wrote:
Still not convincing argument. But if you don't want to implement ww1 effects, and only work with maps, lands, territories according to standard Risk concepts then at least what you should do is to create similar sized bonusareas:
Germany = 6 Austria = 6 Balkans = 6 Ottoman = 7 (slightly larger empire) Russia = 10 (large empire but also having his back covered) and then you have the western allies = 12 ?!?! twelve ???
That alone is argument enough to split it in two bonuszones of 6 and 6 !
Now there is NO way a player can conquer the "western allies" in the same time as Germany or Austria or Balkans.

Besides in the Balkans you have a pro western Rumania along a pro German Bulgaria..so go figure how on earth you could combine that into one bonuszone ?!?!?

What you suprised abouth Western Allied have 12-these is 3 country in one -Britain,France and Italy,Russia is european part and its enough 10.
Dont worry i prepare unique bonuses, where you need to hold some number of Entente or Cental powers terittory to get bonus.
These is Balkans and its normal that go in one bonus zone,but All terittory except Bulgaria will be aditionaly candidate for Unique bonuses. Do you want to tell me that Bulgaria must be separate terittory in Balkan? I dont see any problem to stay with Balkans.Also Romania is part of Entente powers,like Serbia,Greece,Montenegro and Albania,but they not a part of Western Allied.

I'll put this wish/subject on holduntil you make clear on the map what you mean... :roll: :geek:
Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intellegor ulli.
Major lt_oddball

Postby Qwert on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:16 pm

by Cdkutusu on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:39 pm

So did i get it right? If somebody holds Ottoman Empire, he will get 3 for Ottoman Empire, and 3 for holding 7 Central Power territory?

Its not such a good idea i think...

Also, drops can finish the game pretty easily, you should make at least some of the capitals neutral.
Lets say if i get 1 capital, and 3 lands next to the capitals... I can finish the game in 2nd turn even, if nobody notices what I'm doing (consider fog of war)

Well,i have one option to-to create 8 starting position,and these mean that all other terittory is Neutral,and everyone is equal on begining,expecialy in no card games(who can be quit long game ;) ).Also these will brake any chance that you win in secound round in fog games.
Now when i say these i like that a much :)

I'll put this wish/subject on holduntil you make clear on the map what you mean...

Do you not like present Continents? In any Way,Western allies is correct view of these map,ofcourse you have also correct view of map,but will have to many continents,what will require more space on bonus legend,causing problems to implement.
Now i Have 1 Continent-Western allies
your sugestion is to have new 4 continent
Britain
France
Italy
Belgium

And if we add Bulgaria hes own country
these will be number of 10 country,what will be to much for map.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby lt_oddball on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:49 am

qwert wrote:
I'll put this wish/subject on holduntil you make clear on the map what you mean...

Do you not like present Continents? In any Way,Western allies is correct view of these map,ofcourse you have also correct view of map,but will have to many continents,what will require more space on bonus legend,causing problems to implement.
Now i Have 1 Continent-Western allies
your sugestion is to have new 4 continent
Britain
France
Italy
Belgium

And if we add Bulgaria hes own country
these will be number of 10 country,what will be to much for map.

You can split it in 2: north sector west allies = britain, belgium, north parts of france geared against taking part in war effort against german front.
south sector west allies : south france (Marseille), Italy geared for taking part in the war effort against Austria and Ottomans.
Really this makes it gamewise much more sensible.

keep balkans as one bonuszone..that's ok.

I don't understand game idea of taking the central capitols only... won't the war be over if Germany seizes London, Paris; Brussels, Rome,Moskou ?

I don't like the idea of taking any "x" number of territories within a large space yields extra bonus ..like beforesaid You have the ottoman empire you get two bonusses combined .. #-o
Major lt_oddball

Postby Qwert on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:47 am

You can split it in 2: north sector west allies = britain, belgium, north parts of france geared against taking part in war effort against german front.
south sector west allies : south france (Marseille), Italy geared for taking part in the war effort against Austria and Ottomans.
Really this makes it gamewise much more sensible.

keep balkans as one bonuszone..that's ok.

I don't understand game idea of taking the central capitols only... won't the war be over if Germany seizes London, Paris; Brussels, Rome,Moskou ?

I don't like the idea of taking any "x" number of territories within a large space yields extra bonus ..like beforesaid You have the ottoman empire you get two bonusses combined ..

Like i say these is map one day before Start of War ;) . Creating two Western Allied Sector,will be no good idea. I realy Belive that Western Allied must be in one country.
I think that War is over when you take Central Powers Capitals,these is more logical.
Do you sugest that i have two Gameplay Objectives? Its these Possible?
"Capture Entente Powers Capitals-London,Paris,Rome,Saint Petersburg"
I dont know its these possible,i think that for now nobody have multiple Gameplayer Objective. But maybe will be very interesting Gameplay. Its will be good that someon who understand XML give hes opinion abouth multiple gameplay Objectives.

Well i can rise these to 15 for Allied and to 10 for Central powers,+ one starting position.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ZeakCytho on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:28 am

Operation Drug War has multiple objectives, so yes, they're possible. And I'd prefer to see both objectives, not just one.
Captain ZeakCytho

Postby Cdkutusu on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:48 am

Yes I was about to say that Drug Wars has 4 (I guess 4, right? ) objectives. And its better, if this is a war, Central Powers can win as well :) (I'm Turkish you know :P )
Corporal Cdkutusu

Postby The Viking on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:55 am

I really don't like the color of the nonplayble territories, I suggest some shade of gray. And you might also want to erase the border between Sweden and Norway.

Fix the spelling in the legend:
Nonplayble territory
Balkan States
Territory, not terittory

Maybe change London to England, unless London has some sort of capital bonus or something?
Corporal 1st Class The Viking

Postby wcaclimbing on Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:26 pm

[adv. idea]
:)

... just need to wait for one of the CAs to sticky this thread.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby Qwert on Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:49 pm

by The Viking on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:55 pm

I really don't like the color of the nonplayble territories, I suggest some shade of gray. And you might also want to erase the border between Sweden and Norway.

Fix the spelling in the legend:
Nonplayble territory
Balkan States
Territory, not terittory

Maybe change London to England, unless London has some sort of capital bonus or something?

Why will i erase border between Sweden and Norway?
London,Paris,Saint Petersburg and rome will be part of Second victory contition objective.
i will fix name mistake.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby lt_oddball on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:22 pm

qwert wrote:
Why will i erase border between Sweden and Norway? it distracts..has no map meaning..neither has vatican city or andorra.

London,Paris,Saint Petersburg and rome will be part of Second victory contition objective.

This thing about collecting a series of important capitols ..originally you may have thought this to be : you are an entente player and get to occupy these central power capitols and voila the war is over and you deserve a bonus.
That may have been the case in the real world, but on this map, it means as a player you control all central power capitols ..now go for world domination :arrow: :mrgreen: and attack all other territories.
So the bonus significance should be something of the sort "coherent HQ control" or "unified HQ control".
All HQ's of the Entente armies and that of the Central Powers means more effective troops and attack/defense control...that 's what deserves you the bonus :P
Major lt_oddball

Postby t-o-m on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:24 pm

np qwert :)

As for the update, i love it, but could you turn down the ocpacity of the picture in the sea?
It would be nice with a little more, i wont say texture, but alternating colours for waves, but subtly.
Major t-o-m

Postby Qwert on Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:57 am

This thing about collecting a series of important capitols ..originally you may have thought this to be : you are an entente player and get to occupy these central power capitols and voila the war is over and you deserve a bonus.
That may have been the case in the real world, but on this map, it means as a player you control all central power capitols ..now go for world domination and attack all other territories.
So the bonus significance should be something of the sort "coherent HQ control" or "unified HQ control".
All HQ's of the Entente armies and that of the Central Powers means more effective troops and attack/defense control...that 's what deserves you the bonus

Aim want to say,that if you hold Central Powers Capital,then game is over and you are winner.Also if you hold all Entente powers capitals you also a winner,no need for any kind of bonuses.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: EUROPE 1914-New Update!30avg page 1-5

Postby Qwert on Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:28 am

Fix and change list:
Fix speling mistakes
Change Yellow to Gray
Erase border-Sweden Norway
Add more opacity on water.
New features;
8 starting position.
new 5 territory.
2 gameplay objective>
If you hold 4 central powers Capitals,game is over and you are winner. If you hold 4 Entente powers capitals,again you are winner.

Click image to enlarge.

note-numbers from 1-8 show starting positions,and they will not be on final version.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby wcaclimbing on Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:56 pm

Here you go quert. Map is looking good. Good luck in the main foundry.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby Qwert on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:50 am

by wcaclimbing on Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:56 am

Here you go quert. Map is looking good. Good luck in the main foundry.

Thanks i dont notice that i get Idea stamp.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: EUROPE 1914-New Update!!6sept** page 1-5[IDEA STAMP]

Postby Qwert on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:35 am

new update-notmuch work to do,fix some borders

Click image to enlarge.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby oaktown on Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:07 am

Hi qwert, this is my first real look at this map, and overall I like where you've taken it visually.

For ease of play it would be good to make the Central and Entente powers shields distinct from each other in some way - a symbol or similar color border so that I can easily recognize from the map alone which four shields I need to hold together.

You have a lot of information in the legend - it takes up a LOT of your map - and yet it still is not clear from my first read what you mean with the Entente Powers legend. For instance, why mention the British Empire, if you aren't going to represent it on the map? It's neither a region nor a territory. And how am I supposed to hold thirteen Entente powers for a +3 bonus when you only tell us what ten of those powers are? Do I need to break out an atlas to figure out what is what, and then look up Ireland in wikipedia to see if it was considered part of the British Empire in 1914? Playing this map will require constantly referring to the legend and other sources.

In adding seas to the map, you have created four dead ends which don't do anything for gameplay. Was Berlin/northern germany the only seaport that exerted any control over the Baltic in 1914? How about Russian dreadnoughts out of St. Petersburg, which, by the way, was renamed Petrograd when the first world war broke out. The Black Sea is nice as it adds connectivity to that side of the map and rids the map of a bottleneck at Erzurum, but since the others seas don't go anywhere or connect anything, I would say get rid of them entirely.

Greece and Cyprus is another dead end... I maybe connect Cyprus to the near east somehow? Or connect Greece to the Med?
Captain oaktown

Postby Androidz on Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:13 am

Oaktown the seas is Starting postions (its a conquest map i belive)
Private Androidz

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas