ZeakCytho wrote:I don't really have a problem with the connections. The only thing I would suggest is moving the Yorkey's Knob*-City Tinnie connection's City terminus a bit west so there's no confusion that it's a separation connection from the Yarrabah-City one.
*What kind of a name is Yorkey's Knob? Crazy Aussies...
yeti_c wrote:Consider moving the minimap to the connections place - and vice versa...
onbekende wrote:again a map by cairnswk And seeing I got no terr names I will just use colors (hopefully you can distinct the continents I use)
MrBenn wrote:I preferred the original location of the minimap, and the title looked better at the top. Is there enough space in the bottom-left corner for the minimap and the tinnie/road rule?
Speaking of the connections, I expect that 'Boat (tinnie) Connections' would be more widely understood than ' Tinnie (boat) Connections'; it's only a minor thing, but it took me a couple of reads to work it out
The tinnie routes look awfully congested at the rivermouth; It's a bit of a struggle to notice that Yarrabah doesn't link up to Edmonton East.
How averse are you to tweaking the actual geography of the region? I know it's where you reside, but you could slightly move the Crystal Cascades--Lake Morris river to the right a bit to free up a bit of space?? Equally Yarrabah could move along the coast a bit, and you could shave off some of the right edge??
benny profane wrote:A few quick thoughts:
-Even though the region is relatively obscure, the layout is interesting enough to make a good map.
-Will it say on the legend that Lake Morris is +1?
-Is it worth considering breaking up Gordonvale into 3 territories?
-I don't think the mini-map is too small, and it looks best in the bottom left.
MrBenn wrote:I like the new background colours. It's a subtle change but I like it
The new legend is fantastic - I'm not completely sold by the green on the tinnie/road sign, but the poles are really good.
It took me a while to work out that you'd shifted things to the right without stretching/resizing things... There's a small bit on the left edge that will need touching up - it looks like some sort of polygon-shaped basemap showing through - it''s mainly the lighter green shapes that look out of place.
The tinnie routes look a bit clearer, although it is possible that somebody might think that East Trinity links to City. Would smoothing the 'overhang' from City into the river help?
All-in-all it's coming on nicely
benny profane wrote:All the changes look great!
For the sake of clarity, you might want to move the road connection from Trinity Point to Yarrabah a little higher up where it connects to Yarrabah.
Other than that, everything is pretty clear.
Juan_Bottom wrote:Yup, nice cairnswk! But to be fair I've liked it from the beggining. The new sign is sweet though. SWEET.
DiM wrote:v5 is on page 3 not 4 as the title says
1. please save the image as png and make the background transparent instead of white. it would look much better
2. the wave rings on the title sign look a bit unnatural. perhaps making them slowly fade away towards the edges would look better
3. i'm not a big fan of lake moris. i know it starts neutral so it's not such a big deal but i just don't like 1 terit bonuses. perhaps splitting it in half and making 2 terits with a bonus of 2 would be better and make the otehr terit connect to crystal cascades
4. on the minimap the east trinity bonus doesn't make it clear that yarrabah and trinuty point are part of the same continent. perhaps making the beaches up north a bit bigger (just on the minimap) and moving the 4 in the middle would help.
5. some continent names are hard to read or are overlapped by borders/army circles. ex: redlynch, city heights
6. the minimap has a white rim that turns green on the left side.
Sorry if you have a one-track mind Dim, but i think they're very realistic and certainly what we use here in Oz just for such things.7. also the poles holding the minimap kinda look like some sort of ... ummm... phallic symbols
8. the bridge in Machans Beach borders both the airport and the freshwater terits? if the answer is yes then i think a split bridge would do a better job. something like a Y tilted 90 degrees clockwise like this: -<
9. the redlynch - freshwater bridge has a gradient between the terits colours while others aren't coloured in terits colours
mibi wrote:This map needs more flavor. I don't like the Overlay text either, it looks too watermark-ish. THe boat connections needs to be better presented, its all clusterfucked in a square centermeter there. The title and its integration is great though, nice touch.
Hows that for an open face comment sandwich.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users