Hello my friends!
I would like to congratulate with you for this nice map and the good and hard job you did.
I am really sorry about not having had enough time to read the whole 20 pages discussion about this map, so I apologize in advance if I will talk about something you're already discussed here before.
Probably, I am in late to make any kind suggestion, anyway I try to point out the following ones:
-> Personally, I believe that between the four external continents, the MOUNTAINS be the better ones to start with:
- FORESTS (5 territories, 3 borders, +3 bonus)
- MOUNTAINS (6 territories, 3 borders, +4 bonus)
- FIELDS + Savannah (8 territories, 3 borders, +5 bonus)
- DESERTS + Peak (8 territories, 3 borders, +5 bonus)
-> I would like to typify the four external continents:
- the FORESTS, inserting 1 or more rivers crossing the continent, making these waterways the only possible path to move troops across its territories;
(NOTE: eventually some of this rivers could have their wellsprings in the adjacent MOUNTAINS)
- the MOUNTAINS, inserting 1 or more extra neutral territories and 1 way borders, in order to penalize the movement inside this continent;
- the FIELDS, inserting some production bonus, similar to the "Age Of Merchants" map;
- the DESERTS, inserting a central oasis bonus and around it setting some territories with negative bonuses, something similar (on a smaller scale) to the "Oasis" map.
-> About the graphics, it would be very cool if you used perspective and someone with enough skills started to make a draft of this map.
Well, I know I am asking so much and too in late with map foundry process, but I hope you could keep this suggestion for your future update or re-make.
thank you for your attention,Lupo