Conquer Club

Peloponnesian War [Done]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Peloponnesian War [Beta]

Postby MrBenn on Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:57 pm

In fact
1. Wording of the objective - "Capture and hold all 8 Shields to win the war"
this is the only thing that actually NEEDS to be done - and is the only thing that is preventing this coming out of Beta...
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby jman10012 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:46 pm

Yeah seriously. If you actually get like the five that arent in turkey then Usually you own Greece and Macedonia. So Turkey is prety much the only place where your enemy could be. I like the fact that this is a search and destroy map. Unless you have Fog of War off.
Sergeant 1st Class jman10012

Postby Blitzaholic on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:59 pm

MrBenn wrote:In fact
this is the only thing that actually NEEDS to be done - and is the only thing that is preventing this coming out of Beta...

agreed, after that, it should be beta-free and is a great map, nice work qwert. =D>
General Blitzaholic

Postby neanderpaul14 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:10 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:

agreed, after that, it should be beta-free and is a great map, nice work qwert. =D>

One of my favorites, change the wording and let's debetafy this sucker.

BTW debetafy has been used it is therefore now a word. :P
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby ghirrindin on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:31 am

I firmly believe this map should be "debatified" without requiring qwert to make any changes to the wording. At this point, this requirement would be as pointless as forcing gimil to change the objective on Feudal War from conquering all castles to conquering and holding all castles.

If you're that far on in the Peloponnesian War, chances are the game's over.
Sergeant ghirrindin

Postby Kabanellas on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:22 am

I debetafy
you debetafy
he debetafies

-sweet new word :)

PS - I support debetafying it!!!
Major Kabanellas

Postby saaimen on Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:12 pm

MrBenn, if we debetafied it without qwert's consent, would that go against CC policy or rules, or even plain old copyright?
ImageImage
Winner of "As Easy As 1, 2, 3! - Africa I", "Championship Series: British Isles",
"1v1 Battle to Rule Doodle Earth 2", "Connect 4 (Restarted)" and "Blind Fold Buddy - BeNeLux"
Sergeant 1st Class saaimen

Postby The Voice on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:21 pm

No more changes. This is a much beloved map. Take it out of BETA already. It is as or more legit than many of these scrub maps. And you can play it (and enjoy it) with every setting out there...okay, maybe not SUNNY...but how many maps can boast that???

Let it be itself.
Major The Voice

Postby MrBenn on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:25 pm

saaimen wrote:

MrBenn, if we debetafied it without qwert's consent, would that go against CC policy or rules, or even plain old copyright?

The only person who is to blame for this map still being in Beta is qwert. There was discussion about the wording of the objective before the map went live, and pretty much since that moment, qwert has gone on a silent campaign against the foundry.
It's a simple fix to change the wording - if you want the map to be released from Beta, PM qwert and ask him to make the changes and see if you get any more sense out of him than I did.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:55 pm

MrBenn wrote:
saaimen wrote:

The only person who is to blame for this map still being in Beta is qwert. There was discussion about the wording of the objective before the map went live, and pretty much since that moment, qwert has gone on a silent campaign against the foundry.
It's a simple fix to change the wording - if you want the map to be released from Beta, PM qwert and ask him to make the changes and see if you get any more sense out of him than I did.

so are you suggesting it does not say "Capture and hold all 8 Shields to win the war"? if so, then it gets moved out of beta?
General Blitzaholic

Postby Neroxyths on Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:02 am

for some reason i can't send a pm to qwert. So here is my message and my 2 cents for the map.
Hello there qwert,
i really appreciate what you are doing with the maps and all, that's why i would like to inform you that one of your maps, the Peloponnesian war map although you gracefully put some Greek in it has some mistakes. Ofcourse not affecting the gameplay itself, just for the looks of it and its linguistic integrity. The names of the seas : Ιόνιο Πέλαγος, Κρητικό Πέλαγος, Αιγαίο Πέλαγος and Προποντίς need "ς" in the end of the words "ζ" since "σ/ς" is the equivalent of "s" and "ζ" is the equivalent of "z". Also, you need to put tones in the words like i did above and these are the correct ones to use if you want to use the New, Monotonic Greek. If you want to be more precise, and have EXACTLY the correct names of these places in ancient Greek using also the polytonic system these are the words:
Αἰγαῖο πέλαγος
Ἰόνιο πέλαγος
Κρητικὸ πέλαγος
Προποντίς
Cook Neroxyths

Postby Mad-elph on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:58 pm

Neroxyths wrote:for some reason i can't send a pm to qwert. So here is my message and my 2 cents for the map.
Hello there qwert,
i really appreciate what you are doing with the maps and all, that's why i would like to inform you that one of your maps, the Peloponnesian war map although you gracefully put some Greek in it has some mistakes. Ofcourse not affecting the gameplay itself, just for the looks of it and its linguistic integrity. The names of the seas : Ιόνιο Πέλαγος, Κρητικό Πέλαγος, Αιγαίο Πέλαγος and Προποντίς need "ς" in the end of the words "ζ" since "σ/ς" is the equivalent of "s" and "ζ" is the equivalent of "z". Also, you need to put tones in the words like i did above and these are the correct ones to use if you want to use the New, Monotonic Greek. If you want to be more precise, and have EXACTLY the correct names of these places in ancient Greek using also the polytonic system these are the words:
Αἰγαῖο πέλαγος
Ἰόνιο πέλαγος
Κρητικὸ πέλαγος
Προποντίς

You will hit a dead end on this one. I talking talking about correctness and while Qwert is appreciative of feedback, he stays away from the forums because of 'politics' unspoken. I feel that he will leave it as a BETA as punishment, and rightly so if he wants to. I have another forum talking about changing the map to correctly reflect history of the war and people here responded "CC had nothing to do with correct history...". What I mean is don't get your hopes up. The Pelo map will likely stay as it is.
Lieutenant Mad-elph

Postby jleonnn on Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:54 am

How long is it gonna take for it to be released from beta?
Major jleonnn

Postby natty dread on Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:39 am

jleonnn wrote:How long is it gonna take for it to be released from beta?

It would if qwert would finish it.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby DarkS0uL on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:12 pm

I really love this map, and appreciate Qwerty's work on this site.

Now .... from a pragmatic PoV, simply having an admin take control over the map, making the correction needed, and releasing it from beta ... would be a big NO NO?

Just saying ... cos if I understand this correctly, its like standing one step away from the botton, and not pressing it. :roll:
Lieutenant DarkS0uL

Postby natty dread on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:52 pm

Well, qwert still holds the rights for this map. No one can change it without his consent. In fact if he wanted to be a real bitch he could just demand the site to take down the map...

Postby denominator on Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:11 pm

natty_dread wrote:In fact if he wanted to be a real bitch he could just demand the site to take down the map...

I'd actually prefer that over having a map stuck in BETA forever.
Sergeant 1st Class denominator

Postby natty dread on Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:12 am

I wouldn't.

Postby fumandomuerte on Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:14 pm

denominator wrote:
natty_dread wrote:In fact if he wanted to be a real bitch he could just demand the site to take down the map...

I'd actually prefer that over having a map stuck in BETA forever.

Yeah, it sucks in clan wars an other tournaments that "you can't use beta maps"...
Thanks to the CC staff for the perma-ban on ۩░▒▓₪№™℮₪▓▒░۩!
Captain fumandomuerte

Postby Beckytheblondie on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:04 pm

The starting positions in Pelo are really unbalanced. Sure, that's part of the game, but specifically Skyros is nowhere near a sword bonus. Could Locrians be a sword to urge Skyros players to head southbound? This rarely occurs.
2011-11-07 14:19:43 - StinknLincoln: whoa, what happened?
2011-11-07 14:19:50 - Beckytheblondie: Becky happened
Captain Beckytheblondie

Postby neanderpaul14 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:22 am

This map rocks. It is fine just the way it is. The time for debetafication is way overdue.
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby elfish_lad on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:05 am

neanderpaul14 wrote:This map rocks. It is fine just the way it is. The time for debetafication is way overdue.

Actually, if there is anymore work to be done on this map, I would suggest what others before me have, that the shields really don't matter much in general play, and that sword bonuses are an issue for Skyros. Perhaps a sea route from Skyros to Euboeans could make the inset more relevant for play.

But, obviously if you look at my singles and team play, I absolutely love this map. :)

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby theBastard on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:46 am

could somebody looks here? I´ve conquered region Perrhaebians in round 4 and had here 10 units and the end. when I enjoy to round 5 I had not this region and it was neutral, BUT there is not mention that somebody attacked me...

so where could be problem?

here is link http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=6646868
Corporal 1st Class theBastard

Postby MrBenn on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:13 pm

theBastard wrote:could somebody looks here? I´ve conquered region Perrhaebians in round 4 and had here 10 units and the end. when I enjoy to round 5 I had not this region and it was neutral, BUT there is not mention that somebody attacked me...

so where could be problem?

here is link http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=6646868

2010-03-29 15:40:31 - theBastard cashed in a group of Dardanians, Agrianes, and Perrhaebians nuking each region

^^There is the answer you are looking for
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby theBastard on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:17 pm

thanks. hm, one question, why only in this region I lost all my units and it became neutral?
Corporal 1st Class theBastard

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas