Conquer Club

Peloponnesian War [Done]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Peloponnesian War [Beta]

Postby natty dread on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:18 pm

You're playing nuclear spoils. Whatever spoil gets cashed, nukes the corresponding territory.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby theBastard on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:21 pm

now I understand. thanks.

sorry for of post, but look here http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=6515471 I did not used Spoils but why I lost Tomas to neutral?
Corporal 1st Class theBastard

Postby natty dread on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:22 pm

GreysouIe cashed in a group of Randolf, Big Ed, and Tomas nuking each region

Postby theBastard on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:25 pm

ou, now I know how to play with Nuclear spoils. damned, a little late, but better late as never.
thanks natty for your care :D
Corporal 1st Class theBastard

Postby Caesar Miletic on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:25 am

this map is excelent

svaka cast
Private 1st Class Caesar Miletic

Postby AgentSmith88 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:13 pm

I would agree that the shield objective for this map is fairly useless as is. Maybe if they were all closer together in the middle of the map they might be worthwhile to go for, but as is the best move is to just eliminate all others.

Still love the map as is though if there is no change.
king sam wrote:quit facebook stalking me... and Im a sailor all I do is drunk, cuss and make illegitimate kids when Im away from CC

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby Commander62890 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:26 pm

A great map.

Shields are useless, though. I've never seen anyone even come close to holding them in my games. Additionally, the whole southern pass through Athenians is pretty useless, since you have to go through like 18 neutrals... I've only seen it used once or twice in 60 games (by my opponents, who later lost).
Major Commander62890

Postby natty dread on Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:40 am

I've never ever seen an objective win on this map... Not in my games anyway.

Postby nudge on Sat May 01, 2010 12:12 am

I'm a little surprised that this map has been a beta for so long.

Anyway because it is can I make a couple of suggestion for the map- (they may have alredy been suggested):

1. The island thru corinthians doesn't really get any game play. I have played it 18 times (various ways) and it has only been visited twice. Perhaps another start point in that region would make a difference - give that little island off lacedamonians a name and link the boat to that perhaps. you may need to split the sword and the +1 bonus. this will make 8 player games more interesting as their is 9 possible starting places

2. The shield objective- I will never entertain trying for this. It is easier to kill opponent. Objective games should be similar to the new Das Schloss Beta map... where to kill all oponents is the harder task because the only way to get to the autodeploy points is via a huge stack of nuetrals.
Private 1st Class nudge

Postby saaimen on Sat May 01, 2010 5:03 am

nudge wrote:I'm a little surprised that this map has been a beta for so long.

It's discussed in this thread.
The reason is that mapmaker qwert has left the Foundry and refuses to return and finish this map - and the rest of CC doesn't have the right to change it without his official permission due to copyright rules.
ImageImage
Winner of "As Easy As 1, 2, 3! - Africa I", "Championship Series: British Isles",
"1v1 Battle to Rule Doodle Earth 2", "Connect 4 (Restarted)" and "Blind Fold Buddy - BeNeLux"
Sergeant 1st Class saaimen

Postby The Voice on Thu May 20, 2010 6:20 pm

But they do have the right to bring it out of beta unchanged, correct? I want this map to stay, along with everyone else. So why don't we just be honest with ourselves, assume qwert won't change his mind, and bring the darn thing out of beta?
Major The Voice

Postby natty dread on Fri May 21, 2010 3:14 am

why don't we just be honest with ourselves, assume qwert won't change his mind, and bring the darn thing out of beta?

If I had to guess, I'd say it's because the admin fears it will be a dangerous precedent. Then every mapmaker will think "well, if I don't get my way, I'll just leave the map hanging in beta and they'll have to accept it eventually"...

Re: [Beta]

Postby tonbomorphew on Wed May 26, 2010 5:01 pm

I found a bug i don't get 2 troops xtra in my active Peloponnesian War game!
Cook tonbomorphew

Re: [Beta]

Postby fumandomuerte on Thu May 27, 2010 5:40 pm

tonbomorphew wrote:I found a bug i don't get 2 troops xtra in my active Peloponnesian War game!

Mind posting the details?
Thanks to the CC staff for the perma-ban on ۩░▒▓₪№™℮₪▓▒░۩!
Captain fumandomuerte

Postby tonbomorphew on Sat May 29, 2010 10:18 am

Game Type: Quadruples Initial Troops: Automatic Play Order: Sequential Spoils: No Spoils Reinforcements: Unlimited Fog of War: No
Team !:
r:nippersean 4.8 1 6 3
g:InnyaFacce 4.8 11 25 5
b:HippieBroker 4.8 2 5 3
y:L M S 4.8 1 1 3
Team 2:
p:chphe 3.6 0 0 0
c:thanatos11 4.4 2 7 3
o:mole70 4.8 3 7 3
s:tonbomorphew 4.2 6 10 4
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=6958383 :roll:
Cook tonbomorphew

Postby natty dread on Sat May 29, 2010 10:26 am

You need to hold 2 sword symbols to get the +2. You only hold one sword + one helmet, thus you only get +1.

Bug report: Game 7118466

Postby nevetski on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:01 am

Greetings,

I'm playing a beta game of this map, and it's pretty nice. (My classicist heart reels with joy!) I have discovered a bug--namely, the Phrygians do not appear to be granting me the +2 bonus that is indicated.

Thanks for the excellent map!
New Recruit nevetski

Postby natty dread on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:55 am

natty_dread wrote:You need to hold 2 sword symbols to get the +2. You only hold one sword + one helmet, thus you only get +1.

Postby nevetski on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:03 am

natty_dread wrote:
natty_dread wrote:You need to hold 2 sword symbols to get the +2. You only hold one sword + one helmet, thus you only get +1.

OK. You should clarify that on the legend; your notation is vague at best. Or just make it so that those territories grant the bonus without the jiggery?

In theory, it seems like a neat nuance. In actual gameplay it makes the bonus incidental rather than strategic, only helping to add further momentum to an already powerful side.
New Recruit nevetski

Postby nevetski on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:11 am

OK, scanning the thread I see that it's unlikely to be changed. Oh wellz :)
New Recruit nevetski

Postby The Voice on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:47 pm

This may sound harsh, but I think the admins are playing a grudge match with qwert. Nobody wins in that scenario. If CC gave us a smilie showing two thumbs pointed down, I would use it to express my frustration with how team CC has handled this mess. Idiots like Oaktown, gimil, and MrBenn have effectively ruined our chances of seeing this map sent out of BETA because they're too busy whining rather than clarifying to a person whose first language is clearly not English.

Other than feeling ashamed for yourselves, you three I singled out should also resign. You are of no help. As for now, this wonderful map has found much more life for lovers of adjacent forting. It is an exceptional map with fewer kinks than shit maps, like the ones being pumped out recently.

Politics have replaced commonsense for these three idiots who give us the semblance of democracy while truly imposing their own biased and fickle--yet collective--will.

Cheers,

V
Major The Voice

Postby philiplam on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:41 am

Hi,

I'm playing game 7111710 right now, and appear to have captured all 8 shields. However, the game hasn't ended. What am I doing wrong?

Apologies if viewing it is difficult due to fog-of-war.

Thanks in advance, Philip
Lieutenant philiplam

Postby iancanton on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:50 am

if u really do have all 8 shields and ur opponent fails to capture at least one of ur shields during his turn, then u will win immediately when u start ur next turn.

u're not the first player to be confused by the wording. it would certainly be clearer if the legend said capture and hold all 8 shields to win the war.
MrBenn wrote:In fact
1. Wording of the objective - "Capture and hold all 8 Shields to win the war"
this is the only thing that actually NEEDS to be done - and is the only thing that is preventing this coming out of Beta...

ian. :)
Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby philiplam on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:34 am

iancanton wrote:if u really do have all 8 shields and ur opponent fails to capture at least one of ur shields during his turn, then u will win immediately when u start ur next turn.

u're not the first player to be confused by the wording. it would certainly be clearer if the legend said capture and hold all 8 shields to win the war.
MrBenn wrote:In fact
1. Wording of the objective - "Capture and hold all 8 Shields to win the war"
this is the only thing that actually NEEDS to be done - and is the only thing that is preventing this coming out of Beta...

ian. :)

Thanks Ian!

Yes, the game was won as you described - had read the description and some postings on this thread, but didn't realise that the holding had to last till the next turn - had assumed holding the 8 shields by the end of the round would be enough.

Cheers again, Philip
Lieutenant philiplam

Postby the.killing.44 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:40 am

The Voice wrote:If CC gave us a smilie showing two thumbs pointed down, I would use it to express my frustration with how team CC has handled this mess.

CAN'T YOU SEE HOW SERIOUS THIS IS?!
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas