Conquer Club

TRAFALGAR [12.4.2012] QUENCHED (V65)

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: TRAFALGAR [12.4.2012] QUENCHED (V65)

Postby cairnswk on Fri May 04, 2012 3:51 am

greenoaks wrote:i think the thumbnail of the map looks weird.

it looks naked without those big red letters across it.

Ah, greenoaks...not on board with what you're saying here??
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun May 06, 2012 12:51 pm

i think he means the Beta label
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon May 07, 2012 4:55 pm

cairnswk wrote:The fix is in the file attached. PLease discuss and check before sending to lackattack.

Cairnswk, the file is not valid :(

Error: Continent British Weather Line has component (B) Victory which does not exist as a territory
Error: Continent French Weather Line has component (F) Bucentaure which does not exist as a territory
Error: Continent Spanish Weather Line has component (S) Santissima Trinidad which does not exist as a territory
Error: Continent British Lee Line has component (B) Royal Sovereign which does not exist as a territory
Error: Continent French Lee Line has component (F) AlgƩsiras which does not exist as a territory
Error: Continent Spanish Lee Line has component (S) Principe de Asturias which does not exist as a territory

Please fix these errors and I'll recheck it, send to lackattack etc etc ;)

Thanks
Nobodies

Postby cairnswk on Mon May 07, 2012 11:38 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:The fix is in the file attached. PLease discuss and check before sending to lackattack.

Cairnswk, the file is not valid :(

Error: Continent British Weather Line has component (B) Victory which does not exist as a territory
Error: Continent French Weather Line has component (F) Bucentaure which does not exist as a territory
Error: Continent Spanish Weather Line has component (S) Santissima Trinidad which does not exist as a territory
Error: Continent British Lee Line has component (B) Royal Sovereign which does not exist as a territory
Error: Continent French Lee Line has component (F) AlgƩsiras which does not exist as a territory
Error: Continent Spanish Lee Line has component (S) Principe de Asturias which does not exist as a territory

Please fix these errors and I'll recheck it, send to lackattack etc etc ;)

Thanks
Nobodies

Oh tnb80, i'm so sorry, :oops:
i put the continents in the continents bonus but forgot to change the <territory> tags to <continent> tags.
this attached file works better i beleive.
Attachments
_Trafalgar_V66a.xml
(35.79 KiB) Downloaded 853 times
Private cairnswk

Re: TRAFALGAR [10.3.2012] BETA (V65)

Postby Agent 86 on Sat May 19, 2012 10:43 am

cairnswk wrote:
on the duplicate names...there are only two, they are two different colours, and some distance apart...at some time i beleive that even with situation being of historical nature, players must also take some responsibility to examine what they are doing to ascertain the difference between the two duplicates.

I am happy to leave things as is, unless there is a hurricane force for change. :)

I just got duplicated, never realized there were 2 Neptunes..it's cost my team any chance of victory now. I looked at the map, saw Neptune was were I needed to deploy. Deployed and found out there are 2 of them..not a nice way to find out.

So my choice is to not playing this one again, just stupid in my opinion.

We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Re: TRAFALGAR [10.3.2012] BETA (V65)

Postby cairnswk on Sat May 19, 2012 11:45 am

Agent 86 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
on the duplicate names...there are only two, they are two different colours, and some distance apart...at some time i beleive that even with situation being of historical nature, players must also take some responsibility to examine what they are doing to ascertain the difference between the two duplicates.

I am happy to leave things as is, unless there is a hurricane force for change. :)

I just got duplicated, never realized there were 2 Neptunes..it's cost my team any chance of victory now. I looked at the map, saw Neptune was were I needed to deploy. Deployed and found out there are 2 of them..not a nice way to find out.

So my choice is to not playing this one again, just stupid in my opinion.

One is at the top of the map coloured yellow and marked (S) Neptuno in the xml list.
Another is at the side of the map coloured blue just below the Weather Line and marked (F) Neptune in the xml list.
The third is below the one at the top coloured red and marked (B) Neptune in the xml list.
I'd say you only have yourself to blame for your team's loss for not looking carefully enough at what you were doing.
Surely the country indicator at the front should have told you something, but then perhaps you didn't look well enough at what you were doing, and that is and always has been a player responsibility.
Sorry for your choice not to play, but stupid choice also.
cairnswk. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon May 21, 2012 2:09 pm

Sent the updated xml to Lack, sorry for the delay. :oops:

Postby cairnswk on Mon May 21, 2012 3:28 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:Sent the updated xml to Lack, sorry for the delay. :oops:

NP, thanks :)
Private cairnswk

Postby agentcom on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:23 pm

So, each flagship, which is composed of a bow and a stern counts as a single ship for the purposes of calculating the Fleet Bonuses (Lee and Weather), right?

I'm in a game where I have 7 French Weather Line territs, but 1 of those is half of the Bucentaure. I am not being awarded the bonus and I am assuming that is why.

You can check out the snap I posted in public in Game 11719903 if you would like to see what I'm talking about.
Colonel agentcom

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:26 pm

Correct as it says in the legend:
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby SirSebstar on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:42 am

is it true that you can have only1 fleet bonus? if yes then, this is something that should be mentioned on the map somewhere.
out of 7 possible places, i hold 5, but i am not getting the Spanish Weather Line (3) bonus.

OR is it with the last chance, that a flagship is now counted only ONCE instead of 2 territs, and that you therefor need 5 non flagship places or 4 non flagship places and a full flagship?

just wondering why this map ever went out of beta
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby chapcrap on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:41 pm

SirSebstar wrote:is it true that you can have only1 fleet bonus? if yes then, this is something that should be mentioned on the map somewhere.
out of 7 possible places, i hold 5, but i am not getting the Spanish Weather Line (3) bonus.

OR is it with the last chance, that a flagship is now counted only ONCE instead of 2 territs, and that you therefor need 5 non flagship places or 4 non flagship places and a full flagship?

You have to have both portions of the flagship for the bonus to count. See here:

cairnswk wrote:
Chariot Of Fire wrote:Quick question (sorry to bug you) re Trafalgar which I reckon you know the answer to. Have gone thru reams of the 57 pages of foundry stuff but cannot find any mention of whether half a flagship (e.g. Victory stern) counts as 1 Brit ship towards the bigger Brit bonus, or do I need to hold all of Victory for it to count as 1 Brit ship towards the Brit bonus? Makes a world of difference and it's not clear on the map key at all. I know I need the whole ship for the smaller +2 bonus, but wondered about the bigger one. Thanks :-) btw...it's easily one of your most beautiful maps. Love the gameplay and the recreation of this chapter in history, staying true to vessels' names (e.g. the captured Swiftsure). Quite brilliant mate - you've quite a gift there.

Chariot Of Fire, thank-you for the kudos...greatly appreciated.
I have always looked at the xml to discover where components of continent bonuses lay.
The xml link was on the front page, but i have now place another section on front page which is the XML code for continent bonuses. You will find that any part of the bow or stern contributes to the various large bonuses.
Hope this helps.

PS. but that is not what the map says...map says each flagship counts toward fleet bonus (imlying the whole ship - two territories)
as the xml is written now, i beleive either bow or stern can contribute to the bonus, so that needs to change.

cairnswk wrote:tnb80...there is an error in the xml for Trafalgar...noticed by Chariot of Fire...thanks CoF :)

the error relates to the how the Flagships contribute to the bonus for the national weather and lee lines.
in V65 xml (in play now), each bow and stern territory was individually listed in the required numbers for the bonus.
in V66 xml, the whole flagship is lilsted as being required as the flagship continent name is now in the required numbers for the national bonus on weather and lee line.
the difference simply goes to naming, but it now means you have to hold the whole flagship instead of individual parts.
This was how the map was intended to work in the first place.
Apologies to all punters out there.
The fix is in the file attached. PLease discuss and check before sending to lackattack.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:04 pm

chapcrap wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:is it true that you can have only1 fleet bonus? if yes then, this is something that should be mentioned on the map somewhere.

You have to have both portions of the flagship for the bonus to count. See here:
[/quote]
this does not awnser it.
I have held the FULL flagship AND 3 more ships. out of the 7 possible places i therefor hold the required 5.
UNLESS the FLAGship, consisting of 2 TWO pieces counts as ONE, and therefor the +3 bonus is actually for 6 area's
Major SirSebstar

Postby cairnswk on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:02 pm

SirSebstar wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

this does not awnser it.
I have held the FULL flagship AND 3 more ships. out of the 7 possible places i therefor hold the required 5.
UNLESS the FLAGship, consisting of 2 TWO pieces counts as ONE, and therefor the +3 bonus is actually for 6 area's

For Spanish weather line, you must hold 2 territories as the flagship plus 4 others.
It says 5 Spanish +3
therefore if the flagship (2territories) counts as one vessel towards the fleet bonus then it makes sense that you would need 4 other also.
Private cairnswk

Postby SirSebstar on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:17 am

i was under the impression that it was not mandatory to own the flagship for the line bonus.
making it part of the bonus actually extends the line for bonus purposes(in fact it makes the bonus per territ less, but this is slightly offset by the +1 for holding a full flagship.

in the future i woud go for the non flagship parts of the bonus though. its just not worth it otherwise
Major SirSebstar

Postby chapcrap on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:43 pm

You do not have to have the flagship for a bonus inherently. However, the flagship counts as 1 ship. So, if you have both portions of the flagship, that counts as 1 ship, not 2. I feel like the quotes I made answered that question very specifically. Maybe it didn't though.

I know from experience, you do not have to have the flagship. If you do, it counts as 1 ship, not 2.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Previous

Return to The Atlas