Conquer Club

The Third Crusade [Quenched] Revamping

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Third Crusade [Quenched]

Postby RoamingNova on Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:15 am

the map seems a lilttle coplicated yet i think i could get the hang of it :)
Private RoamingNova

Postby AndrewB on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:16 am

The XML was updated without authors' knowledge. At least just a note could have been posted...

viewtopic.php?p=2531861#p2531861
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby MrBenn on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:25 am

AndrewB wrote:The XML was updated without authors' knowledge. At least just a note could have been posted...

viewtopic.php?p=2531861#p2531861

Apologies for that - this map was a perfect of example of how to implement the new XML, and was discussed in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=127&t=113744
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby theBastard on Fri May 21, 2010 2:22 pm

this is great map, for me magic :D . I am playing it three times and I will play it to the time when I win it...

only one notice: Torlosa was Tortosa.

Kabanellas, I think about map of Crusades States, but there are opinions that it is not needed because yours Third Crusade. but I can complet my maps pack about Crusades - in Gameplay Workshop are two Baltic Crusades and Reconquista.
if you have interest and you think the map from Levant will be good PM me, please.

ones more thanks for Third Crusade =D>
Corporal 1st Class theBastard

Postby Joodoo on Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:13 am

I have a questin about the objective win in this map. Do you need to hold all the territories that belong to the Jerusalem bonus region, or do you only need to hold the star of David?
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby natty dread on Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:19 am

Jerusalem only, and all the other territories mentioned in the objective.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby iancanton on Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:41 am

the objective is a total of four regions, so jerusalem, in this case, means the star of david only.

ian. :)
Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby talonz on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:34 pm

Team victory conditions not working on this map. As a team we hold a starting position, granada, antioch and jeruselam at start of my turn (and my partners turn) but no victory....our entire plans were based around that...now we are out of position badly.....pls fix.

Game 7450179
Colonel talonz

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:41 pm

One person alone must hold all of the objective points.
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby talonz on Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:55 pm

That just confirms what I said...team victory conditions are not working.
Colonel talonz

Postby Incandenza on Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:00 pm

talonz wrote:That just confirms what I said...team victory conditions are not working.

There are no "team victory conditions." VCs are just like bonuses, they can't be jointly held by a team.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby talonz on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:53 pm

VCs are nothing like bonuses, and should be able to be jointly held by a team...otherwise there is no point to teamplay outside of total destruction of other teams, which in itself is another victory condition...
Colonel talonz

Postby Incandenza on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:55 pm

talonz wrote:VCs are nothing like bonuses, and should be able to be jointly held by a team...otherwise there is no point to teamplay outside of total destruction of other teams, which in itself is another victory condition...

Well, then, I'd recommend you swing by the suggestions forum.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby ender516 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:32 am

talonz wrote:VCs are nothing like bonuses, and should be able to be jointly held by a team...otherwise there is no point to teamplay outside of total destruction of other teams, which in itself is another victory condition...

Victory conditions are very much like bonuses. A bonus is not awarded if a team holds a group of territories, only if an individual holds the group. If a team wants to earn a bonus, they must cooperate to allow one member to take and hold the group. Victory conditions work in precisely the same fashion and if you want your team to win via a victory condition, it will require the same type of cooperation. In fact, in order to explain victory conditions to those who show up in the Foundry (usually during the Beta phase) to complain that they have taken the territories but not immediately won, I usually describe a victory condition as the ultimate bonus. When your turn starts, if you hold all the regions of a bonus zone, you get extra troops to deploy, and if you hold all the regions of a victory condition, you win the game.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby talonz on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:12 pm

You do realize the incongruity that not all victory conditions are treated like that, given that the standard victory condition is 'remove all opposing players from the board' and one *can* do that as a team?

And sure, alt. victory conditions are currently treated like bonuses, my point being is that they shouldnt be.

They are not the same animal.

At any rate, started a thread in suggestions forum given that this is apparently not a single map issue.
Colonel talonz

Postby ender516 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:21 am

Here on Conquer Club, the term "victory condition" is applied only to special situations apart from the "remove all opposing players from the board" method, and as such, are all treated like that. I applaud your submission of a suggestion (you could post a link here). Such innovations are always worth discussing.

Postby talonz on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:30 am

ender516 wrote:Here on Conquer Club, the term "victory condition" is applied only to special situations apart from the "remove all opposing players from the board" method, ...

Given how the majority of the general public will view that as a 'victory condition' (it can really be nothing else) I would suggest that to treat it as otherwise is pointless.
Colonel talonz

Postby ender516 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:34 am

If you read the Instructions for this site, you will see the following statements:
In the Overview, the creators of Conquer Club wrote:Conquer Club is a turn-based strategy game. Opponents engage in combat and the last remaining player wins.
In the Gameplay Notes (emphasis mine), the creators of Conquer Club wrote:Some maps have objectives which you must conquer and hold for one round to win the game.

The special terminology has been created to recognize a special situation, where victory can be achieved in a way that might be otherwise unexpected.

Postby MrBenn on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:19 pm

Once you have defeated all your opponents, your victory is unconditional.

We could play semantics all day :P
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Third Crusade Trench Warfare Glitch?

Postby Xelot on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:05 pm

Here is the scenario:

Blue is closing in on taking over the known world. There are a few hold outs which will be crushed in due time. One of which, the English, are holed up on their island. Because this is trench warfare, you cannot move an army more than one region at a time. Crossing the English Channel becomes problematic because any troops left there at the end of the turn disappear/are killed the next turn and are replaced with 3 neutral armies.

How does one attack England in this case?

Thanks,
Xelot
Lieutenant Xelot

Re: Third Crusade Trench Warfare Glitch?

Postby cairnswk on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:14 pm

Xelot...can you please post the game number in any queries you have about games so that it is easier for those advising to track the map...thanks :)
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Re: Third Crusade Trench Warfare Glitch?

Postby perchorin on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Killer neutrals i.e. the one you're referring to in the English Channel are not bound by the trench warfare rules. You can attack beyond the Channel. No glitch.
Silvanus wrote:perch is a North Korean agent to infiltrate south Korean girls
Major perchorin

Postby thenobodies80 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:06 am

[Merged] with the map discussion thread.
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby Kabanellas on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:47 am

Now that I'm on this revisiting mood, I'd like to change the Vatican and Granada starting Neutrals from 5 to 4 (at least)

The Vatican is barely touched , and Granada is acting like a protection wall for the Iberian Kingdoms.
Major Kabanellas

Postby pamoa on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:32 pm

Kabanellas wrote:Now that I'm on this revisiting mood, I'd like to change the Vatican and Granada starting Neutrals from 5 to 4 (at least)
The Vatican is barely touched , and Granada is acting like a protection wall for the Iberian Kingdoms.
it would really open the map
do it
De gueules à la tour d'argent ouverte, crénelée de trois pièces, sommée d'un donjon ajouré, crénelé de deux pièces
Gules an open tower silver, crenellated three parts, topped by a apertured turret, crenellated two parts
Cadet pamoa

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas