Conquer Club

Fractured America [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Fractured America [D, Gp] V13.2 pg.38 New Poll!!

Postby jefjef on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:00 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:
jefjef wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:
jefjef wrote:I notice the blue numbers show up poorly in Deseret.

Okay, so suggestion? Lighten it up a little more?

Yep.

.44 Freeman is a patriotic survival militia group.

Yes, my point is whether it's Freeman's [Area] or Freemen. Just seems off, especially because you yourself said "Freeman."

Freemen. My typo. Now that you actually posed your real question. What say ye Isaiah? Freemen or Freeman?
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Re: Fractured America [D, Gp] V13.2 pg.38 New Poll!!

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:06 am

jefjef wrote:Freemen. My typo. Now that you actually posed your real question. What say ye Isaiah? Freemen or Freeman?

FreemEn! Considering that it would be impossible for 1 FREEMAN to take over all that territory :D

Anyways, here is V13.4, as per Mr.Benn's suggestion:

MrBenn wrote:I think the thing I liked about mibi's darker version was that it added some texture to the map too... Select black and white from your colour palette, and fill a new layer with "Clouds" (it's a filter option in PS); adjust the contrast of that layer so that it's less gray and more black, and then reduce the opacity to somewhere between 5-15%. That will add a very slight texture to the background, and might make things feel a bit darker. Alternatively, you could use the layer that mibi posted, and just use a lower opacity than he suggested, or mask out some of the darker bits a tad?

[-o< [-o< [-o< I hope that this is very good for your discerning eyes Mr.Benn! [-o< [-o< [-o<

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Re: Fractured America [D, Gp] V13.4 *Redone bkgnd texture* pg.39

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:12 pm

Too dark and ruining for me, but it seems everyone has a different taste, so in the end I trust your judgment.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby MrBenn on Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:21 pm

That's looking pretty sweet now...

My only quibble is about the mountains - It would be nice to find something that sat a little bit better with the rest of the map. :twisted:
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:14 pm

MrBenn wrote:That's looking pretty sweet now...

My only quibble is about the mountains - It would be nice to find something that sat a little bit better with the rest of the map. :twisted:

Ah those darn mountains! Hmmmm ... Let me see what I can do! Seems like everyone has trouble with them eh? :lol:
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Gilligan on Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:51 pm

Hey isaiah,

A few things regarding the XML.

1) Do capitals start neutral?
2) As far as abbreviations go, how do you want it looking? (Something like 'PA', or 'PA (Pennsylvania)' or 'PA - Pennsylvania' or some other variation)
3) I noticed that SLC isn't in the list of abbreviations, do you want Salt Lake City in the XML if you choose to do that as in number 2?
Captain Gilligan

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:12 pm

Gilligan wrote:Hey isaiah,

A few things regarding the XML.

1) Do capitals start neutral?
2) As far as abbreviations go, how do you want it looking? (Something like 'PA', or 'PA (Pennsylvania)' or 'PA - Pennsylvania' or some other variation)
3) I noticed that SLC isn't in the list of abbreviations, do you want Salt Lake City in the XML if you choose to do that as in number 2?

Thank you Gilligan for doing the XML for me!

The capitals that start neutral are as follows:
Montana, Winnipeg, SLC, Capone, Iowa and Havana.

They start with 3 neutrals. Everything else is randomly assigned. Don't worry about coordinates right as I probably will have to expand the canvas out to the max to dd in the SLC abbrev.

As for the naming which ever way you think would be best. Personally the hyphenated is easier to read.

Again, thank you for taking on this project!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Gilligan on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:53 pm

No, thank you :)

Right now, I'm just doing bonuses and borders. I'm not going to do the coordinates till you get the GR stamp - cause they may change, and I'd have to do it over again. Most likely you'll be in the Final Forge shortly after you get that stamp.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Gilligan on Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:38 pm

I also left out the height and width, for now. Once we hit the Forge I'll do the coordinates, and we'll be good to go after the check.

show: XML
Captain Gilligan

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Gilligan wrote:I also left out the height and width, for now. Once we hit the Forge I'll do the coordinates, and we'll be good to go after the check.

show: XML

Hey I forgot to ask if you'd be able to do Special characters in the coding. I would really like to have Republic of Quebec named Republique du Quebec with the appropriate marks over the e's. Let me know and I'll put up the correct spelling.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Gilligan on Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:59 pm

I know there's a map with accented Es around here somewhere... *Goes to look*

Also, is Nuevo Arizona Spanish? Cause if it is, shouldn't it be Nueva Arizona to match the number and gender?

After looking - Greenland and Iceland have some crazy characters. I'm pretty sure accented E s are allowed, so I added them in the first time around.
Captain Gilligan

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:05 pm

Gilligan wrote:I know there's a map with accented Es around here somewhere... *Goes to look*

Also, is Nuevo Arizona Spanish? Cause if it is, shouldn't it be Nueva Arizona to match the number and gender?

After looking - Greenland and Iceland have some crazy characters. I'm pretty sure accented E s are allowed, so I added them in the first time around.

Mexican/Spanish - something like that *double checks map of Mexcio*. I don't think so. I see Neuvo Laredo, Neuvo Campechito etc. So it's correct.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Gilligan on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:08 pm

isaiah40 wrote:
Gilligan wrote:I know there's a map with accented Es around here somewhere... *Goes to look*

Mexican/Spanish - something like that *double checks map of Mexcio*. I don't think so. I see Neuvo Laredo, Neuvo Campechito etc. So it's correct.

Laredo and Campechito end in Os. Arizona ends in an A. It makes a difference in Spanish.
Captain Gilligan

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:09 pm

Gilligan wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:

Laredo and Campechito end in Os. Arizona ends in an A. It makes a difference in Spanish.

I guess I need to study some spanish then. Go ahead and change it, and I'll get it changed on the map.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Gilligan on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:11 pm

isaiah40 wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:

I guess I need to study some spanish then. Go ahead and change it, and I'll get it changed on the map.

Let me make sure of this, I'm going to ask Lindax (A fluent Spanish speaker)
Captain Gilligan

Postby PepeAtila on Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:36 am

it is very well made... so go on ... (I think this means 'continue' or 'well made') :D
PepeAtila
Captain PepeAtila

Postby keiths31 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:46 pm

Thanks for leaving Canada the way it was...having Thunder Bay be part of "Greater Toronto" when it is 1400kms away seemed a bit ridiculous.
Corporal 1st Class keiths31

Postby Lindax on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:03 pm

Gilligan wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:

Let me make sure of this, I'm going to ask Lindax (A fluent Spanish speaker)

In my expert (ahum) opinion, it should indeed be Nueva Arizona. :mrgreen:

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby isaiah40 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:44 pm

Lindax wrote:
In my expert (ahum) opinion, it should indeed be Nueva Arizona. :mrgreen:

Lx

Okay, it'll get changed!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:03 pm

Okay here is my very feeble attempt at making some mountains. Let me know what you think please!

Mr.Benn I hope these are at least somewhat acceptable [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Changes made:

- Changed Neuvo Arizona to Neuva Arizona
- Redid mountains
- Increased canvas size to 840 wide same height

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Gilligan on Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:08 pm

I think those mountains took a step back there. I prefer the old mountains a lot more.
Captain Gilligan

Postby MrBenn on Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:38 pm

Gilligan wrote:I think those mountains took a step back there. I prefer the old mountains a lot more.

PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby cairnswk on Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:43 pm

MrBenn wrote:
Gilligan wrote:I think those mountains took a step back there. I prefer the old mountains a lot more.

Thirdeded
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Re: Fractured America [D, Gp] V13.5 *Redone Mountains* pg.40

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:52 pm

Okay, so do we leave the old in, or back to the drawing board er, screen?
Lieutenant isaiah40

Re: Fractured America [D, Gp] V13.5 *Redone Mountains* pg.40

Postby MrBenn on Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:57 pm

Something like the mountains before you had would be fine, but with a little less uniformity - add some slight variance to the size and colouring of different mountains ;-)
Lieutenant MrBenn

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas