1. Added "Parte" in front of Meridionale
2. Added Garda Lake
3. Added mountain range to landscape background. This was hard and I'm still not totally satisfied with the results.
4. Added Compass showing true north to lower left side
5. Added "Monferrato" between Turin-Lombardy gap. This gave an extra territory, so I removed Milano as it looked out of place.
6. Added more cities to make a total of 36 countries.
7. Increased bonus values
8. Inverted South Tyrol & Trentino (Removed word "south")
9. Fixed spelling of several regions
1) Ustica is very small, I think only about 1,000 people live there - I feel that positioning island of Pantelleria more north (so it's included in the mapped area) works better.
3) I still didn't make Corsica a part of the map because it's officially not a part of Italy. I read the arguments on earlier posts, and it would flow nicely with the water routes - but didn't feel it should be there.
2) I tried my hardest to keep the Po river flowing across Lombardia region, instead of following the southern border, but I could not get an impassable border (Mountain) I was happy with. If this really bothers people, I will keep trying.
3) I looked at moving territory boundaries so "Central & Southern Italy were split into 3 continents instead of only 2" - I feel it works best the way it is since there are only 36 countries.
4) I'm having trouble replacing the piers with harbour symbols. I don't know what symbols or monuments represent these harbours, other than a small anchor or ship - which I tried, I didn't feel it looked right, and it looses it's shape when it is so small. I have a few anchors placed in the map, do you like these?
5) I linked Puglia (Southern Apulia) with Friulli and not the true port state of Trieste only because the pier symbol would not fit in Trieste. I can fix if it's really wanted
6) Personally I didn't like the idea of airports being connectors, or groups of harbors being countries. I know it's been done on other maps, but I prefer playing for regions only. I had to add a few cities (Turin, Palermo, Rome, Venice, Naples & San Marino) to make 36 countries. The city boundaries are way bigger on my map than in real life because I had to allow room for the numbers & titles.
Whew - This is taking longer than I thought !!