Conquer Club

Timing-out loophole [Implemented on Casual]

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Should the loophole be closed?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:38 am

Yes, for all games
58%
Yes, but only for 24-hour games, not for speed
31%
No, leave it
11%

Total votes : 198

Re: Is it time to close the timing-out loophole?

Postby mrswdk on Tue May 01, 2018 5:00 am

You should be thanking me for my tireless campaigning that resulted in this being implemented.

A general contribution medal wouldn't be too much of a stretch, in fact.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Therfur on Fri May 11, 2018 2:19 am

you just have to elimenate it
New Recruit Therfur

Postby jimboy on Sat May 26, 2018 12:37 pm

Has it ever been suggested to have a setting while setting up a game of how many turns a player is aloud to miss? I know its not exactly what this thread deals with but it would be nice to be able to stop players from strategically missing turns when they have 5 cards in a multiplayer escalating spoils game so that they can cash in at a higher value. It would be interesting to have a setting of say 0, 1, or 2 missed turns alound before being kicked. So although not entirely the same as this thread, in my opinion its still related to this topic because its another way of using a loophole in the rules, similar to not taking a spoil, that can be ised to gain an advantage. Just a thought.
General jimboy

Postby Mad777 on Sat May 26, 2018 1:05 pm

jimboy wrote:Has it ever been suggested to have a setting while setting up a game of how many turns a player is aloud to miss? I know its not exactly what this thread deals with but it would be nice to be able to stop players from strategically missing turns when they have 5 cards in a multiplayer escalating spoils game so that they can cash in at a higher value. It would be interesting to have a setting of say 0, 1, or 2 missed turns alound before being kicked. So although not entirely the same as this thread, in my opinion its still related to this topic because its another way of using a loophole in the rules, similar to not taking a spoil, that can be ised to gain an advantage. Just a thought.

Yes I agree, it is still the same topic for your inquiry, I was 100% in favor with this timing out to apply to all settings but webmaster wanted to start with the most used (Nuke & Zombie), I'm sure if several exemple & complaint are brought here then we could ask to upgrade to ESC...(flat rate may not be the setting where you want to miss a card...
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Re: Timing-out loophole closed [IMPLEMENTED]

Postby Mokerslag on Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:10 pm

Every game will be have an Resign button. :D
Sergeant 1st Class Mokerslag

Postby Johnathan479 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:38 pm

It seems to me better without any bugs, because not everyone6 knows about them, and those who know are cheekyly using. The game is not fair MOD EDIT (DK) spam link removed
New Recruit Johnathan479

Postby Malan88 on Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:42 am

Yes, for all games
New Recruit Malan88

Postby riskllama on Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:07 am

was this applied to all types of spoils, or just nukes & zombie?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:56 am

riskllama wrote:was this applied to all types of spoils, or just nukes & zombie?

Just nukes and zombies.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: Timing-out loophole closed

Postby king achilles on Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:27 pm

This topic was forwarded to me and I just have to clarify this: This suggestion has NOT yet been implemented. The webmaster took a look at the code and it was only implemented in beta likely for testing purposes but that's as far as this goes. There is still some disagreement with this change and so possibly we still did not do it for speed. If you play a speed game with Nukes or Zombie settings, you will not get any spoils if you run out of time.

Again, to clarify, this "Timing-out loophole" is NOT implemented.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Re: Timing-out loophole closed

Postby Mad777 on Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:10 pm

king achilles wrote:This topic was forwarded to me and I just have to clarify this: This suggestion has NOT yet been implemented. The webmaster took a look at the code and it was only implemented in beta likely for testing purposes but that's as far as this goes. There is still some disagreement with this change and so possibly we still did not do it for speed. If you play a speed game with Nukes or Zombie settings, you will not get any spoils if you run out of time.

Again, to clarify, this "Timing-out loophole" is NOT implemented.

Yes it has been…for casual nuke and zombie

check here

viewtopic.php?f=634&t=227390
Lieutenant Mad777

Re: Timing-out loophole

Postby king achilles on Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:17 pm

Thanks for that. Let me rephrase my last sentence:

To clarify, this "Timing-out loophole" is NOT implemented on SPEED games.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Re: Timing-out loophole [Implemented on Casual]

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:33 pm

Is missing a turn on purpose with 5 spoils in escalating games allowed? I don’t know if there is a forum for that, but I believe something should be done about it, either cashing and deploying automatically in any tert when time out or as deferred troops, deploying them at the end of next turn, to avoid this kind of abuse.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Mad777 on Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:08 pm

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Is missing a turn on purpose with 5 spoils in escalating games allowed? I don’t know if there is a forum for that, but I believe something should be done about it, either cashing and deploying automatically in any tert when time out or as deferred troops, deploying them at the end of next turn, to avoid this kind of abuse.

Other than being seen as un-sportsmanship it is not really against the rule since admin/webmaster are aware of this loophole, there is a community supported suggestion to webmaster desk asking to include Escalating game type to this implemented fix (actually only for Nuke & Zombie game type)
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:26 pm

I realize that maybe this is not the right forum, since it's actually a different case in Zombie and nuclear u run out of time to not get a spoil, in escalating you miss the turn to not cash less troops, so the mechanic implemented should be different.
Last edited by TrafalgarLaw01 on Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Mad777 on Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:50 pm

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:I realize that maybe this is not the right forum, since it's actually a different case in Zombie trench u run out of time to not get a spoil, in escalating you miss the turn to not cash less troops, so the mechanic implemented should be different.

The main argument is simple: you attack and decide to conquer at least 1 territory then you get a spoil, no less no more, that is a basic rule. While you sit around a table and take out someone, you can’t just let the hours passing and arguing you won’t end your turn because you don’t want to receive the spoil.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:54 pm

Mad777 wrote:
TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:I realize that maybe this is not the right forum, since it's actually a different case in Zombie trench u run out of time to not get a spoil, in escalating you miss the turn to not cash less troops, so the mechanic implemented should be different.

The main argument is simple: you attack and decide to conquer at least 1 territory then you get a spoil, no less no more, that is a basic rule. While you sit around a table and take out someone, you can’t just let the hours passing and arguing you won’t end your turn because you don’t want to receive the spoil.

Yeah and also in the table u cant refuse to take ur turn cause u dont want to cash few troops.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby jfm10 on Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:59 pm

TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

Yeah and also in the table u cant refuse to take ur turn cause u dont want to cash few troops.
:lol:

wrong area but plus 1 =D>
Lieutenant jfm10

Previous

Return to Suggestions