Conquer Club

fk the Pantry

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

fk the Pantry

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:42 am

i would make a suggestion but nobody uses that forum so

can we have it enabled that if i foe someone, they cant invite people to my games?

i've requested the wonderful hopalong to stop inviting people to my games for the sake of his meaningless pantry. because i dont enjoy playing against random, shit players who can't count to 5.

does he listen? no.

all it achieves is bad players losing more points. it's not even dissimilar to ranching. oh, and of course hop looks great for filling pantry games. yay.

it's cancerous.

alternatively i can just go and start inviting every player below 1200 points to any open waiting game i see that hasn't been created in the last few months. seems fair.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Re: fk the Pantry

Postby Razorvich on Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:38 am

Maybe if you didn't create ranching team games, more people might join them.

OR

Contact a Clan/tribe of your level for a training game that would give you a solid team to play?

NAH.. you just wait for it to slide into the "unjoinable game situation"

A random mob will be invited, by someone that is actually doing something that is proactive on the site

Not crying because a lame game has been filled

HUH?

You can contact me anytime to fill your ranching team games, at least I can put up a team that will at least test you.
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Captain Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby TeeGee on Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:29 am

MOVED
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:52 am

Razorvich wrote:Maybe if you didn't create ranching team games, more people might join them.

OR

Contact a Clan/tribe of your level for a training game that would give you a solid team to play?

NAH.. you just wait for it to slide into the "unjoinable game situation"

A random mob will be invited, by someone that is actually doing something that is proactive on the site

Not crying because a lame game has been filled

HUH?

You can contact me anytime to fill your ranching team games, at least I can put up a team that will at least test you.

if you're referring to the monsters games, we have played 8 of those in 2 years. insane ranching.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby hopalong on Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:19 am

can you please reference a few games as example? of the games i am currently filling for the Pantry, 1 is yours. i dont always pay close attention to make sure that i don<t invite people to your old games. i would guess that its been several months since i have invited people to your old games.

again, please reference all your old games i have invited players to and compare that to all your old games i havent invited players to so we have an accurate account of this situtation. cuz from here, it looks like i invited players to 2 of your games for the first time in several months, maybe a year.

your PM to me was really rude and over the top, even by your standards. i have foed you so i dont accidentally invite more people to your old games. i have tired of your temper tantrums and prefer we dont speak again.

hoppy easter.
Major hopalong

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:24 pm

problem solved.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:35 am

Game 21643044

we want real teams to join. not random people. it's not fun for them, it's not fun for us.

hopalong invited the randoms, so andrei invited hopalong.

surely he'll join since he's so keen for games to get filled and doesn't care if he's pushing people into getting farmed for his own personal agenda?

horrid.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby jmyork82 on Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:26 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Game 21643044

we want real teams to join. not random people. it's not fun for them, it's not fun for us.

surely he'll join since he's so keen for games to get filled and doesn't care if he's pushing people into getting farmed for his own personal agenda?

horrid.

If you want competitive or competent players to join your team game, invite them.

If you create a public game, you will get public players, especially if it languishes to the bottom of the open game list. If that bothers you, create private games, or delete your old open games and start some fresh ones.

Stop being a problem and be a solution. It's not all about you.
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:05 pm

jmyork82 wrote:

horrid.

If you want competitive or competent players to join your team game, invite them.

If you create a public game, you will get public players, especially if it languishes to the bottom of the open game list. If that bothers you, create private games, or delete your old open games and start some fresh ones.

thank you for completely failing to understand the point.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby jmyork82 on Mon May 02, 2022 3:58 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
jmyork82 wrote:

horrid.

thank you for completely failing to understand the point.

Enlighten me then, what is your point?
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue May 03, 2022 8:07 am

idk i guess you cant read but the point is hopalong invites random low ranking players who have no idea how team games work, to my open waiting games.

when left open, it is my personal experience that proper teams join together and we have the potential for a decent game. if it takes forever to fill, i'll ask people in the clan to fill it up. or sometimes they do anyway, with potential recruits we're looking at.

it's literally no benefit to me having random low ranks in my games getting farmed. do i look like i care about the points lol?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Mad777 on Tue May 03, 2022 8:46 am

the pantry master is not inviting purposely low ranker but rather using a pool of known players who will certainly take the invits, also using a bigger pool with players he knows may not accept but occasionally.

Pantry is made to prevent game staying unfilled for ever, so as you, being the game creator, it is your responsibility to fill it in a timely manner otherwise your game will be treated as being old and need to be fill.

As other said, you can make your game “private” and invit who you wish by sharing the password and problem to be solve.

Before the pantry exist we had games waiting for years and the intent was to show a synergy of game being filled quicker, with all the due respect of your vision, the pantry has been a great addition and huge work.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Re: fix the Pantry

Postby 2dimes on Tue May 03, 2022 8:59 am

TeeGee wrote:MOVED

To one of the forums mods never look in so it won't bother them?

• Mafia forum,
    which has descended into anarchy.
    where spambots roam free doing their thing.
  • Suggestions forum,
    continues to be ignored.
    should just be deleted.

Can't blame the moderators who are volunteers, in my opinion they're wore out and undervalued.

Off topics,
moderators hang out there.
they don't do anything when people get flamed even if it's reported.

Cheating and abuse forum
that one is over moderated.
there you could get banned for mocking a poorly written report.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby jmyork82 on Wed May 04, 2022 11:33 am

Mad777 wrote:the pantry master is not inviting purposely low ranker but rather using a pool of known players who will certainly take the invits, also using a bigger pool with players he knows may not accept but occasionally.

Pantry is made to prevent game staying unfilled for ever, so as you, being the game creator, it is your responsibility to fill it in a timely manner otherwise your game will be treated as being old and need to be fill.

As other said, you can make your game “private” and invit who you wish by sharing the password and problem to be solve.

Before the pantry exist we had games waiting for years and the intent was to show a synergy of game being filled quicker, with all the due respect of your vision, the pantry has been a great addition and huge work.

@ Caffeine

Literally, this ^^^

You have plenty of options available to you to fill the games as you see fit. You can avoid the problem that you are complaining about. So, take control of your games, and you wont have to worry about Pantry Master filling it for you.
Lieutenant jmyork82

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:08 am

jmyork82 wrote:
Mad777 wrote:the pantry master is not inviting purposely low ranker but rather using a pool of known players who will certainly take the invits, also using a bigger pool with players he knows may not accept but occasionally.

@ Caffeine

Literally, this ^^^

You have plenty of options available to you to fill the games as you see fit. You can avoid the problem that you are complaining about. So, take control of your games, and you wont have to worry about Pantry Master filling it for you.

Caff isn't the problem here. He's being honest and telling you he doesn't want to be farming.

The problem is the real farmers out there. It's against the rules for them to invite victims into their games, but now if they just sit and wait you will do it for them. Unlike Caff, they aren't going to complain -- they're just going to smile and rake in the points.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:16 am

logic and jmyork have never been good friends.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby fishydance on Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:33 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
jmyork82 wrote:

@ Caffeine

Literally, this ^^^

Caff isn't the problem here. He's being honest and telling you he doesn't want to be farming.

The problem is the real farmers out there. It's against the rules for them to invite victims into their games, but now if they just sit and wait you will do it for them. Unlike Caff, they aren't going to complain -- they're just going to smile and rake in the points.

You are correct, I believe this is the crux of the matter. The problem isn't players who are honest. It's the farmers who can wait on the sidelines to be delivered their prey for lunch.
Last edited by fishydance on Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby detlef on Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:57 pm

Are y'all averse to simple and logical solutions? Can you not make inclusion in the pantry optional? Why do you make it seem like the only alternative to guys like Caff unwillingly farming is to make him only start private games or actively try to fill them? Why can he not simply initiate games and wait for whomever to join without worrying about being looped into something that he has found to bring him a disproportionate amount of novice players?
Colonel detlef

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:09 pm

*MOD EDIT* (Razorvich)
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby hopalong on Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:24 pm

Dukasaur wrote:The problem is the real farmers out there. It's against the rules for them to invite victims into their games, but now if they just sit and wait you will do it for them. Unlike Caff, they aren't going to complain -- they're just going to smile and rake in the points.

Who are the real farmers, duk?
Major hopalong

Postby hopalong on Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:26 pm

detlef wrote:Why can he not simply initiate games and wait for whomever to join without worrying about being looped into something that he has found to bring him a disproportionate amount of novice players?

Well, that is exactly what is happening detl, and what has been happening for months now - no one is inviting players to iamc's games.
Major hopalong

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:02 am

no but you post them in your thread, and put my name in the title. big difference. just being your typical pedantic self.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby riskllama on Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:45 pm

TeeGee wrote:MOVED

that SUV is a tad undersized to be pulling that trailer, methinks.
Lieutenant riskllama

Return to Suggestions