Conquer Club

[GO] Relaxing Weekend Turns

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Pause Timer On Weekends

Postby jefjef on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:54 pm

The feasibility study has been done and the committee has discussed the results. If this were to be made a game creation option I would have no objections. If this took 4 years to implement I would have no objections.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby chapcrap on Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:13 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
IcePack wrote:I'd rather see it be a 48 hour turn option. Not just weekends. Most team games would last the weekend anyway, only 1 vs 1's would still need to log in. And those would be once.

Over a weekend, logging in once isn't THAT hard. And this is from someone who's insanely busy at the moment

And as others have pointed out previously, there are many many other updates I'd want to see before this ever got put on a to do list.

True, I wouldn't put this at the top of my priority list either. That being said, this is a substantially easier feature to implement than some of the others (if my assumptions about the database structure are correct).

If these assumptions are correct, then lets get some freaking 2 minute speed games since it's so easy!!

Also, I don't see why anyone wouldn't like 48 hour turns. You don't have to play it if you don't want to wait. And greenoaks' assumption that 3 day turns would make you wait 24 days is silly. Would everyone really run their turn down to the last minute? Very doubtful.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby wilkerma on Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:49 pm

I'd just like to say that I would love this option. I lead backpacking, climbing and caving trips just about every weekend and so can never play my turns if it comes up on the weekends. Normally I compensate by asking the other players to please drag over the weekend but this doesn't always work as it relies upon the generosity of other players. I've lost close games due to this. I would love a feature that either skips over your turn and allows you to take it when you come back, obviously something would have to be done to prevent you getting two turns in a row, or somehow extends your timer. The best way to do this would be to make it an option you have to click in advance and then you enter in what time you will be back in town. So say I know I'm going backpacking over the weekend I could use the feature on the Tuesday or Wednesday before the weekend I know I'm going to miss and enter that I will be gone from Friday at 2 pm until Sunday at 6 pm. Not sure how hard this would be to implement but if you could it would be amazing :D Never taking weekend turns really kills my scores and has cost me several games. :twisted:
Or at the very least have some sort of feature where my turn taken score doesn't drop because I can't get to a computer on the weekends. I wouldn't even mind getting slapped with a tag that says deadbeat on weekends to give people a heads up. I love conquer club and stalk my games on the weekdays but real life gets in the way and there is simply no way I can ever take turns on the weekends, I'm too poor to afford a smart phone and even if I had one I'd hardly be able to use it in the backcountry since cell phone service is spotty at best when your 20 miles into the mountains. :?
Corporal 1st Class wilkerma

Postby nebsmith on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:42 am

1) As an option it's ok I suppose, I would never join a game with this option though.

2) Yet again we have this assumption about peoples lives and weekends. I work every weekend, all bar one of the people I know work all or some weekends. Why pick on weekends for special turn lenghts ?
Sergeant nebsmith

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Well, I've got the opposite problem from most of you... I find it easy to take my turns on the weekend when I'm home, much harder during the week when I'm often working 12 or 14 hour days.

Nonetheless, a 72 hour window would solve most of my problems just as well as it would solve the problems of the weekenders. So, yes, I could get behind a 72 turn timer.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Flex Weekends

Postby ferralll on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:05 pm

Preamble: Ahh... that is why I stopped playing. I remeber now. I would play all through the week, when I have e-mail access, and a desk to sit at, and go back to may times a day. On the weekends, I have lots of things to do, and some times do not even check my phone for 24 hr, let along be able to sit down and play for even 10 min.

Concise description:
Offer the option, or make it the norm that 24hr turn games get a "flex weekend" where turn limits are increase to 48 hrs for the weekend.

Specifics/Details:
Starting friday after noon (lets say 9 PM central time) The turn clock is set to 48 hours instead of 24 hrs. On sunday midnight the turn clock is set to 24 hr again.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Basicly, this will allow for the casual gamer, who does not nessisaraly have the time to play on the weekend (heaven forbid if you want to go camping) not have to miss a turn in each of their games because they are not able to play.
Corporal ferralll

Re: Relaxing Weekend Turns

Postby spiesr on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:52 pm

Captain spiesr

Re: Relaxing Weekend Turns

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:18 pm

Gamers are from all over the world... This would be biased as hell no matter what...
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Previous

Return to Suggestions