Conquer Club

[GO] Team Terminator and Assassin Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Do you support these ideas?

Yes! I love both
75%
I like Team Assassin, not Team Terminator
5%
I like Team Terminator, not Team Assassin
6%
No - These idea's are just stupid
14%

Total votes : 79

Re: Team Terminator & Assassin Games

Postby Conchobar on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:10 am

Yup obviously it would be the combined total of a teams points compared to that of the team they kill.

Nothing for individual kills and of course nothing for killing your teammate. Your whole team gets points when you kill another team.
That could also lead to a race between 2 stronger teams to be the first to finish the weakest team.

I'm glad you asked this actually, because it does illustrate that single-kill terminator is impossible, and so perhaps single-kill assassin should be a no-go also, or at least only considered as an extra option...
Colonel Conchobar

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:02 am

Conchobar wrote:That could also lead to a race between 2 stronger teams to be the first to finish the weakest team.

So you mean standard settings....
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Donelladan on Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:51 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
Conchobar wrote:That could also lead to a race between 2 stronger teams to be the first to finish the weakest team.

So you mean standard settings....

Standard settings what ?

Example, 12 players game, triples. Four triple teams. Taking one team out will give you points even if you do not win the game at the end. This is terminator. Not standard in which winning the game at the end even if you only eliminate the last team will give you all points.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby clangfield on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:22 pm

Conchobar wrote:Yup obviously it would be the combined total of a teams points compared to that of the team they kill.

Nothing for individual kills and of course nothing for killing your teammate. Your whole team gets points when you kill another team.
That could also lead to a race between 2 stronger teams to be the first to finish the weakest team.

I'm glad you asked this actually, because it does illustrate that single-kill terminator is impossible, and so perhaps single-kill assassin should be a no-go also, or at least only considered as an extra option...

Why would single-kill terminator be impossible? You kill 1 player in the team, your team gets all the points from the team for whom the player was playing - just as it does in a normal team game. It doesn't matter if you kill the last player in an opposing team now, all your team share all the other team's points.
The only difference is that in order to "kill" a "team", currently you have to kill all of them, with the new setting it becomes any of them; similarly with assassin.
I really can't see why this is so complicated, it seems very straightforward and an interesting option.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby Conchobar on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:28 am

clangfield wrote:
Conchobar wrote:I really can't see why this is so complicated, it seems very straightforward and an interesting option.

The problem is, how do you divide those points between your team?
If one player kills another player with the same points for example, does he get 20 points and his victim loses 20 points? Or does the 20 points get split between the killer and his teammates? 20/3 doesn't go. 7 each? That'll lead to problems. Do each of the team get 20 points?
Again, leads to problems. Surely the victim doesn't lose 60 points, so that means 20 points are lost but 60 points gained? Doesn't make sense and I don't think it would be allowed.
Colonel Conchobar

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:06 am

An entire team loses points, an entire team gains points. Non-issue
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby clangfield on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:02 am

Conchobar wrote:
clangfield wrote:
Conchobar wrote:I really can't see why this is so complicated, it seems very straightforward and an interesting option.

The problem is, how do you divide those points between your team?

Exactly the same way as is done in team games at the moment.
Lieutenant clangfield

Re: [GO] Team Terminator and Assassin Games

Postby Conchobar on Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:17 am

Uuuhhh I only just got back to this and noticed my lovely poll. :D

Woohoo! 50 in favor! :D

I'd like to thank my moooom. And my manager. And of course the Academy!

What more do we need to actually make this happen?
Colonel Conchobar

Postby owenshooter on Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:07 am

Conchobar wrote:What more do we need to actually make this happen?

actually, a lot more... there are a ton of great ideas in here that have sat and languished for close to a decade, despite mass approval. this would require a ton of coding to have a TEAM be the target of an assassination (it would take about 2 rounds to figure out what was what in the game... zzzz...). i mean, they have never gotten around to figuring out how to give a team a bonus for a region, by holding it all as a team, and not as an individual. seems like a no brainer, but apparently, it just is too time consuming/difficult to do. so, super duper that you have almost 70 votes in favor of this idea, doesn't mean it is going to happen and by no means are you at the end of this journey. good luck with this, keep the faith!!! the black jesus loves you...-Jésus noir

p.s.-you have better odds at writing a bill that becomes a law!!
and the process is clearer and much, much easier...
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby RobbieDub on Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:57 pm

The Black Jesus and Schoolhouse Rock what a combination!
Sorry Conch I voted in favour but after that post I'm not holding my breath.
Highest Rank Colonel with 2932
Captain RobbieDub

Postby Conchobar on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:58 am

RobbieDub wrote:The Black Jesus and Schoolhouse Rock what a combination!

Well I have reason to be a bit more optimistic. It used to be that things never changed and suggestions took a million years to be implemented. But, as we've seen in recent times, a variety of new innovations have come about rather quickly.

Also, I have positive experience because, even back in the old days, I once had a suggestion become reality.
The thinner brackets were put on our teammates spoils at my behest. And that must have required TONS of coding. ;)
Colonel Conchobar

Postby owenshooter on Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:25 am

Conchobar wrote:
RobbieDub wrote:The Black Jesus and Schoolhouse Rock what a combination!

Well I have reason to be a bit more optimistic. It used to be that things never changed and suggestions took a million years to be implemented. But, as we've seen in recent times, a variety of new innovations have come about rather quickly.

Also, I have positive experience because, even back in the old days, I once had a suggestion become reality.
The thinner brackets were put on our teammates spoils at my behest. And that must have required TONS of coding. ;)

again, if they still can't figure out how to give a team a bonus for holding a bonus area (combined), how will they ever figure out how to make a team a target? will just never happen. as you sarcastically pointed out, most of the changes out of this forum are small and cosmetic in nature. all the big ones just seem to materialize overnight without an announcement or fanfare... go figure... again, good luck!!-Bj
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Robespierre__ on Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:40 am

As well as the code for this site works (the glitches are few and far between), I imagine that the changes we suggest are *really* complicated vis-a-vis the existing site. But I totally agree that creating team games with all the stuff OwenShooter mentions would be most excellent.
Major Robespierre__

Postby Conchobar on Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:32 am

owenshooter wrote:
Conchobar wrote:again, if they still can't figure out how to give a team a bonus for holding a bonus area (combined), how will they ever figure out how to make a team a target?

Well that's up to the computer wizards behind the scenes to figure out.
Can we actually get an opinion from someone who knows regarding how possible these new game types would be?
Colonel Conchobar

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:01 am

Conchobar wrote:
owenshooter wrote:
Conchobar wrote:again, if they still can't figure out how to give a team a bonus for holding a bonus area (combined), how will they ever figure out how to make a team a target?

Well that's up to the computer wizards behind the scenes to figure out.
Can we actually get an opinion from someone who knows regarding how possible these new game types would be?

In true team style, lock it to trench with escalating only and we will never find out as the games will never end.

Seems a practical solution.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Donelladan on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:20 am

owenshooter wrote:again, if they still can't figure out how to give a team a bonus for holding a bonus area (combined)

That looks like a terrible idea. Good that they can't or didn't want to figure it out. Hope it never happens.
And I think the codding for this suggestion is much easier than "team bonus".

In assassin you win once you eliminate one player, I guess it works like a victory condition, just need to increase from 1 to 4 players. I dunno how the CC codes works but it does not look that difficult to me.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby owenshooter on Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:23 pm

Donelladan wrote:
owenshooter wrote:again, if they still can't figure out how to give a team a bonus for holding a bonus area (combined)

That looks like a terrible idea. Good that they can't or didn't want to figure it out. Hope it never happens.
And I think the codding for this suggestion is much easier than "team bonus".

In assassin you win once you eliminate one player, I guess it works like a victory condition, just need to increase from 1 to 4 players. I dunno how the CC codes works but it does not look that difficult to me.

you took out the most important part of that quote to serve your own interest and argument and you know it. i stated:
owenshooter wrote:again, if they still can't figure out how to give a team a bonus for holding a bonus area (combined), how will they ever figure out how to make a team a target?

team bonus areas are a terrible idea? odd, they are one of the most frequent requests by those that play team games and a sore spot with many old timers on the site... let's get away from the coding possibility and into something else (since we will never agree on that)... coding this would be absolutely a waste of time, from a game play aspect. once Team A killed a member of Team C, the cat would be out of the bag. Team B would say, "OH MY GOD!!! PROTECT TEAM C OR WE ARE GOING TO LOSE!!!"... it just wouldn't be very difficult to figure out...-Jésus noir

p.s.- the inability of team bonus areas is the single largest flaw in CC gaming... bar none... even lackattack admitted that...
p.p.s.-i still stand by they will never be able to code this if they can't code team bonus areas.
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Donelladan on Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:40 pm

I don't see how taking out the last part change anything to what I say.
I wanted to point out that giving a team a bonus for holding a bonus area was a bad idea, therefore I only put the first part in the quote.

2nd part of my post I replied to the thing you put in red, I do think that coding a bonus if several member of the same team hold it is much more complicated that making a team a target.

Furthermore, I don't care what lackattack admitted or not, team bonus area is not a flaw in CC gaming.
And that this is one of the most frequent request doesn't make it a good idea either. Or are you gonna say that a surrender button is a good idea ?
But you said you don't want to argue about it, so I am not gonna explain you why, but this is just a terrible idea, imho.

owenshooter wrote: coding this would be absolutely a waste of time, from a game play aspect. once Team A killed a member of Team C, the cat would be out of the bag. Team B would say, "OH MY GOD!!! PROTECT TEAM C OR WE ARE GOING TO LOSE!!!"... it just wouldn't be very difficult to figure out...-Jésus noir

Thinking of triples or quad, assassin team game would be 3 or 4 teams.
Do you know that currently, in a 3 players assassin game, you know from the 1st round who is trying to kill who ? And that doesn't make 3 players assassin a waste of time from a game play aspect, quite the opposite. I find 3 players assassin extremely interesting from a strategical point of view.
More or less the same goes for a 4 players assassin, you can usually find out quite quickly who is trying to kill who, 4 player assassin game are still interesting.
Therefore I would find those assassins team game very interesting.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby owenshooter on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:17 pm

Donelladan wrote:blah, blah, blah..

tell you what, invite me to a game when they code this... in other words, we will never play on this proposed setting...-Bj

Lieutenant owenshooter

Previous

Return to Suggestions