Conquer Club

[Forum] Usergroup Leader Powers

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Usergroup / Clan Leaders Powers

Postby owenshooter on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:03 pm

sailorseal wrote:Less then a week but I have a friend that enjoys making threads to annoy me and then logging off. With this I would be able to delete it right?

sooo, instead of just dealing with it personally, you want CC to give you the power of the nazi-delete? hmmmm...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby sailorseal on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:08 pm

Do you know me? Because that whole Nazi thing sure seems like it...
Cook sailorseal

Re: Granting Private Forum Moderator Privileges to Clan Leaders

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:47 am

Calidrmr wrote:
SuicidalSnowman wrote:
InsomniaRed wrote:This is why I have an off-site forum for my clan.

Guys, I must say that this makes sense, and is a great idea, but I get the feeling that there is a reason this hasn't been done yet. We are all always complaining about the backlog of suggestions. Wouldn't it be easier to just get an off-site forum and allow the CC Team time to work on the bevy of other updates we are clamoring for?

I personally just feel that rather than assuming that there is an easy coding fix, or that it could lead to various abuses, or that we understand Lack's innermost thoughts and desires, there are plenty of free message board sites that would allow you to do whatever you wanted to your own threads, and are available now.

Cheers

ok...sounds reasonable to me...can you give me a link or something to get this started? & how private are these? sorry...but not that familiar with running message boards/forums except for here... :oops:

Done, check your inbox
Private SuicidalSnowman

Re: Granting Private Forum Moderator Privileges to Clan Leaders

Postby Calidrmr on Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:03 am

SuicidalSnowman wrote:
Calidrmr wrote:
SuicidalSnowman wrote:
InsomniaRed wrote:This is why I have an off-site forum for my clan.

Guys, I must say that this makes sense, and is a great idea, but I get the feeling that there is a reason this hasn't been done yet. We are all always complaining about the backlog of suggestions. Wouldn't it be easier to just get an off-site forum and allow the CC Team time to work on the bevy of other updates we are clamoring for?

I personally just feel that rather than assuming that there is an easy coding fix, or that it could lead to various abuses, or that we understand Lack's innermost thoughts and desires, there are plenty of free message board sites that would allow you to do whatever you wanted to your own threads, and are available now.

Cheers

ok...sounds reasonable to me...can you give me a link or something to get this started? & how private are these? sorry...but not that familiar with running message boards/forums except for here... :oops:

Done, check your inbox

Thanks, Snowman! :D
<Juan_Bottom>You're like the Barry Bonds of drinking. You don't need the practice you just do it because you like it.
Corporal 1st Class Calidrmr

Postby jpcloet on Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:16 am

My understanding is that this can't yet be done yet due to programming and mod rights issues. I would definitely love to have this but it won't happen for some time. If you really need to have a thread removed, submit and e-ticket and mark the thread [Please Delete] if you are able to.

If your friend can't stop making threads to annoy you, you should consider removing them from the group plain and simple. It's your clan and your rules are they not?
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby blakebowling on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:31 pm

jpcloet wrote:My understanding is that this can't yet be done yet due to programming and mod rights issues.

I've fixed all the issues lack has presented me with, if there are more, let me know, and I'll get to work on them.
Private blakebowling

Postby sailorseal on Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:51 pm

blakebowling wrote:
jpcloet wrote:My understanding is that this can't yet be done yet due to programming and mod rights issues.

I've fixed all the issues lack has presented me with, if there are more, let me know, and I'll get to work on them.

So clan leaders will get the powers they deserve?
Cook sailorseal

Postby blakebowling on Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:09 pm

sailorseal wrote:
blakebowling wrote:

I fixed the issues in november, I'm not sure when this will happen.
Private blakebowling

Postby sailorseal on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:44 pm

blakebowling wrote:
sailorseal wrote:
blakebowling wrote:

I fixed the issues in november, I'm not sure when this will happen.

I am sorry but this is taking to long, can we take this to a higher power or force the mods to listen?
Cook sailorseal

Postby owenshooter on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:12 pm

sailorseal wrote:I am sorry but this is taking to long, can we take this to a higher power or force the mods to listen?

relax, you have had a clan for less than a month. there are people on there that have dealt with the same tools you now have, for years, and they have managed to get by just fine. relax. there are other pressing matters on CC other than a few controls in the clan/discussion group forums... it will happen when lack makes it happen... without the turtles kiss on the cheek, nothing is going to happen... the black jesus has spoken...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Rocketry on Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:54 am

I support this idea as well! It will just keep things running smoothly and cleanly. Clan leaders have a particular interest in their usegroup forum and are likely to put more effort into looking after it specifically than a gloabl mod would.

Cheers, Rocketry.
Lieutenant Rocketry

Postby Night Strike on Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:46 am

Rocketry wrote:I support this idea as well! It will just keep things running smoothly and cleanly. Clan leaders have a particular interest in their usegroup forum and are likely to put more effort into looking after it specifically than a gloabl mod would.

Cheers, Rocketry.

Global mods don't have access to private usergroups apart from the ones we are a part of. Admins can see all boards, but they don't have the time to go through them even if they wanted to. If you ever have an issue within your clan (like people leaving stickies in the forum after they've gone), you can submit an e-ticket to have things cleaned up, but it has to be for important/emergency things and not just because you want to change a thread status every so often.

FYI: I'm pretty sure all clan leaders and many of the original members (if not all members) have the ability to sticky their own threads.
Major Night Strike

Postby blakebowling on Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:19 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Rocketry wrote:I support this idea as well! It will just keep things running smoothly and cleanly. Clan leaders have a particular interest in their usegroup forum and are likely to put more effort into looking after it specifically than a gloabl mod would.

Cheers, Rocketry.

Global mods don't have access to private usergroups apart from the ones we are a part of. Admins can see all boards, but they don't have the time to go through them even if they wanted to. If you ever have an issue within your clan (like people leaving stickies in the forum after they've gone), you can submit an e-ticket to have things cleaned up, but it has to be for important/emergency things and not just because you want to change a thread status every so often.

FYI: I'm pretty sure all clan leaders and many of the original members (if not all members) have the ability to sticky their own threads.

All clan members can sticky/unsticky their own threads
Private blakebowling

Postby Rocketry on Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:39 pm

Night Strike wrote:

Cheers, Rocketry.

Oh fair enough. Even more important to give clan leaders mod powers over their forum then. At the moment, theres really no-one that can properly look after things...

Rocket.
Lieutenant Rocketry

Postby owenshooter on Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:13 pm

Rocketry wrote:Oh fair enough. Even more important to give clan leaders mod powers over their forum then. At the moment, theres really no-one that can properly look after things...

what is there to be looked after :roll: ? do you even have a clan forum yet :lol: ? i don't know what sort of people you have in your clan or what goes on your forum (if you have one), but my clans forum is a very orderly place that is pretty much self policed by members as far as what is stickied and un-stickied...

actually, it is more orderly than any of the other usergroups i am in. i personally believe that has to do with the low number of members in the BpB, the select nature of our group, and the crotchety leanings of the older members (myself included)... everyone needs to relax on this issue. if it happens, it happens. if it doesn't, it doesn't...

many clans have survived a long time without anyone having these powers, and the rest of us can endure. at the end of the day, you can always fire up your own off site clan forum, as many of us have done, where mod powers can be flexed and abused like we are used to here... the black jesus has spoken...-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Rocketry on Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:24 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Rocketry wrote:Oh fair enough. Even more important to give clan leaders mod powers over their forum then. At the moment, theres really no-one that can properly look after things...

what is there to be looked after :roll: ? do you even have a clan forum yet :lol: ? i don't know what sort of people you have in your clan or what goes on your forum (if you have one), but my clans forum is a very orderly place that is pretty much self policed by members as far as what is stickied and un-stickied...

actually, it is more orderly than any of the other usergroups i am in. i personally believe that has to do with the low number of members in the BpB, the select nature of our group, and the crotchety leanings of the older members (myself included)... everyone needs to relax on this issue. if it happens, it happens. if it doesn't, it doesn't...

many clans have survived a long time without anyone having these powers, and the rest of us can endure. at the end of the day, you can always fire up your own off site clan forum, as many of us have done, where mod powers can be flexed and abused like we are used to here... the black jesus has spoken...-0

Yeah yeah, the engines in O&H are purring beautifully but I still reckon usegroup forums would benefit from proper moderation. I dont mean silencing and repressing opinion (a uergroup leader who abused their power would only damage themselves) but the ability to delete and lock threads (even if it was just their own threads) would keep things clean and easy to naviagte through.
Lieutenant Rocketry

Postby Kotaro on Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:53 pm

Adding to this idea, another good power that Clan Leaders should be allowed to request, is private tournament privileges. These tournaments would operate like the normal ones, with privileges having to be requested from the TD's like normal, and would use the same interface as the normal one. However, the only differences I would implement, is that these tournaments would not get a medal (either for creating or, in the future, winning it), and only clan leaders could request the powers. This would guarantee that the leader would be 100% in control of his clan.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby blakebowling on Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:16 am

Kotaro wrote:Adding to this idea, another good power that Clan Leaders should be allowed to request, is private tournament privileges. These tournaments would operate like the normal ones, with privileges having to be requested from the TD's like normal, and would use the same interface as the normal one. However, the only differences I would implement, is that these tournaments would not get a medal (either for creating or, in the future, winning it), and only clan leaders could request the powers. This would guarantee that the leader would be 100% in control of his clan.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=273&t=61650&start=0

Second Paragraph, under OTIS
Private blakebowling

Postby Kotaro on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:11 pm

Yeah, because we all know how active Twill and lack are about what is said in that thread.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

Captain Kotaro

Thread Locking Privileges for Clan Leaders

Postby psychobkrazy on Tue May 19, 2009 8:58 am

Thread Locking Privileges for Clan Leaders
As a group leader I would like to be able to lock and unlock threads.
  • This would help to eliminate clutter posts in thread that are intended just for scores or announcements.
  • We are able to sticky and unsticky a thread. Why not lock and unlock?
PM me with "Tournament Invite List" in the Subject to get on my Invite List.
Highest Rank: 3070 Image Brigadier - #70 (page 1) - 61% Won - 01/02/2011
The Sigatar Lounge
Sergeant 1st Class psychobkrazy

Re: Thread Locking Privileges for Clan Leaders

Postby Kotaro on Tue May 19, 2009 9:19 am

Getting clan leaders powers of their forums is on the "to-do" list.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

Captain Kotaro

Postby Masli on Tue May 19, 2009 10:06 am

would be a great option =D> =D>
Colonel Masli

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue May 19, 2009 12:46 pm

The only hurdle we have is allowing Clan Leaders access to the Moderator Control Panel. In the past, there were some issues and concerns with the information displayed in it---but perhaps this is something we can revisit once again and re-evaluate.

Stay tuned.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Give Clan Leaders ability to Lock threads

Postby andy_is_awesome on Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:16 am

Suggestion:
It would be awesome if you could give Clan Leaders and Co-mods the ability to Lock threads in their own Clan forums. This would make it possible to clean up threads for Newsletters, Rosters, Internal Ladders, etc.
As it is right now, I have to make a thread and then reserve the first 5 posts in order to add to the beginning of the thread. It's just messy. So that's my suggestion.

And anoying little threads from 6 months ago pop up to the top of the clan forum when commented in. For example (player ABC makes thread "this clan sucks, I want out", and then we let him out. It sinks to the depths after a while and then 6 mos later, the new clan member comments in it "this clan doesn't suck", and it pops back up to top. Grrr...nothing stays dead.

Allow Clan Mods & Co-mods the ability to lock Clan threads.
Major andy_is_awesome

Postby nagerous on Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:23 am

Any news on this one??!
Captain nagerous

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions