Conquer Club

[GO] 12 Hour Game Rounds

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Should this be implemented?

Yes
47%
No
47%
Undecided
7%

Total votes : 43

Postby spiesr on Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:56 pm

This idea has previously been rejected.
Please thoroughly read the following threads and perform a forum search before making suggestions:
Suggestions Box (Lack's 'To-Do' List)
Suggestion & Bug Report Forms
Captain spiesr

more time option

Postby walkingpligrim on Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:16 am

how about 12 hour game

maybe it just me, but i like something in middle, i do not have the time to sit down for speed games, but would like games that mover a little faster then 24 hours
Corporal walkingpligrim

12 hour games

Postby knightmare on Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:18 pm

I think we should have a middle speed game. I suggest a 12 hour game where a player only has 12 hours to play his or her turn instead of the usual 24 hours or 5 minutes(depending on which game their playing).
Major knightmare

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:03 pm

When do you suggest sleeping?
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Suggestion: 12 hour games

Postby PoizZz on Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:43 am

What about 12 hour games?

I started a few days ago, but I'm getting pretty annoyed by people that miss their turns. I have to wait 24 hours before I can play again. Since I am not premium and not planning to, I can't play 5 minute games.

So games with a roundtime of 12 hours would be a good idea. You have enough time to do something. Also I'd like if free members could also play 12 hour games xD
Cook PoizZz

Time-Options at Game Creation

Postby Timur the Lame on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:04 am

I've read other rejected topics and it seems that Time options are a serious concern. My suggestion is to insert some variability in game creation with regards to time settings.

I like the pace of the game but with rampant deadbeats (at least one in every game) and large maps with many players such as the Hive, sometimes games are extraordinarily long. By long I mean the time between turns and with regards to the game itself. My suggestion is to simply vary up the polar options of 24hrs/turn and 5min turns. I think adding in a 12 hour option would suffice. This would speed up the game and eliminate the painstaking and grueling period that people have to wait for deat beats
Sergeant Timur the Lame

Re: Time-Options at Game Creation

Postby ljex on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:48 am

Designed for the casual gamer, playing Conquer Club is not a time consuming process. You can take your turn in 5 minutes with your morning cup of coffee or in between classes. A game typically lasts several days, but hardcore risk takers can play multiple games at once and stay up all night strategizing their next move.

This is why we do not have 12 hour turns. Also keep in mind you are a premium and can always increase your game count from 15 if you want to have more turns.
Major ljex

Re: Time-Options at Game Creation

Postby Timur the Lame on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:32 pm

You just hit the nail on the head. There are the hard-core (paying) risk takers and those who want to just take their turn in the morning with their coffee. A simple option would accomodate both instead of excluding one.

I think I echo the sentiment of a lot of people here by saying that I dont want to have to have 100 games running at the same time so that i can take 1 single turn out of all of those in a day.

The question isn't whether or not you would take advantage of the 12 hour option but more so if there should be that option available for those who want it.
Sergeant Timur the Lame

Quick (12 hours) [Poll]

Postby PapaGeek on Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:57 am

Concise description:
  • Speed up games where newbies join a game and don't play.
Specifics/Details:
  • Add a third game speed option for a 12 hour game
How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • The current choices for game speed are: Casual (24 hours) Speed (5 minutes)
  • You have to sit at your computer constantly for a 5 minute game, and three 24 hour delays when a newbie joins and doesn't play really slow things down.
  • 12 hours is enough time for just about anything that will keep a person away from a game:
    • 8 to 10 hours of sleep
    • 8 hour workday plus travel
  • This would improve the flow of games
Last edited by PapaGeek on Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major PapaGeek

Re: Quick (12 hours)

Postby nebsmith on Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:54 pm

PapaGeek wrote:12 hours is enough time for just about anything that will keep a person away from a game:
  • 8 to 10 hours of sleep
  • 8 hour workday plus travel
[*]This would improve the flow of games

except that i usually sleep then get up and go to work, a minimum of 16 hours, with travel. So i would have to check my games when I got up in the morning, before going to work. Not something I would do.

I suppose you could have it as an option, but how many people would want to have to check in twice a day just to ensure no missed turns ?
Sergeant nebsmith

Postby PapaGeek on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:10 pm

I'm not suggesting that they replace the 24-hour game with a 12-hour game, just make it a 3rd option.

I like many other I know on here do check the boards at night, in the morning and again after work
Major PapaGeek

Postby Arethusa on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:16 am

I agree with Papa Geek. A 12 hour option would be good. Another option would be for the game creator to determine at the outset how many missed turns you could have before being kicked out. I have spent too many games waiting 3 days for 3 deadbeats in a row to skip their turn.
Sergeant 1st Class Arethusa

Postby Pirlo on Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:56 pm

12 hours 3rd option is amazing.... if you don't like it, them don't tick it when you start a game....

it will speed up the games a bit, so many noobs would probably stay instead of leaving forever when they find out that it takes 3 days to get a turn 8-)
Captain Pirlo

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:39 pm

Again people, we can't always say "Well, if you don't like it, don't pick it". Then EVERYBODY will use it as an excuse to get some new feature submitted.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby PapaGeek on Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:26 pm

WOW, nice comment !

Isn't that what the suggestion board is for?

Can't I say if you don't like Nuclear don't pick it?

And the same for Chained vs. Unlimited?

The entire game finder is nothing but a list of options for each game feature.

What's the difference in asking for a 3rd option for Round Length when other features like Game Type has 6 and Spoils has 4?

The whole purpose of game finder is to find the games you are interested in playing. Some players only want to check for moves once a day. 24 hour is great for them. Others want to play a game now, 5 minute is great for them. What about those who want a faster game and are willing to check the games 3 or 4 times a day. Is there anything for them? No, they have to wait 3 days for players who sign up and quit. 6 days if they get 2 in the same game.

So what exactly is wrong with "well, if you don't like it, don't pick it"?

This is not an EXCUSE for a new feature. Maybe it's something others would like to see.

If YOU don't like the idea, tell us so, don't put us down for even suggesting it !
Major PapaGeek

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:32 pm

PapaGeek wrote:WOW, nice comment !

Isn't that what the suggestion board is for?

Can't I say if you don't like Nuclear don't pick it?

And the same for Chained vs. Unlimited?

The entire game finder is nothing but a list of options for each game feature.

What's the difference in asking for a 3rd option for Round Length when other features like Game Type has 6 and Spoils has 4?

The whole purpose of game finder is to find the games you are interested in playing. Some players only want to check for moves once a day. 24 hour is great for them. Others want to play a game now, 5 minute is great for them. What about those who want a faster game and are willing to check the games 3 or 4 times a day. Is there anything for them? No, they have to wait 3 days for players who sign up and quit. 6 days if they get 2 in the same game.

So what exactly is wrong with "well, if you don't like it, don't pick it"?

This is not an EXCUSE for a new feature. Maybe it's something others would like to see.

If YOU don't like the idea, tell us so, don't put us down for even suggesting it !

Because I have heard that line used about 1.65X10^11 times in suggestions? Even on the dumbest suggestions that didn't make sense I've seen it used. Gets kind of annoying.

All I think this suggestion will bring is, as you said, faster games, which aren't a bother for me, and an increase in missed turn percentage, because they won't be able to always time their turns right.

Ps. I've seen this suggestion before.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby PapaGeek on Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:15 pm

That's a lot of times!

Maybe I should rethink my other suggestions, like establishing CCA (Conquer Club Anonymous) meetings for those of us who do check the games multiple times a day! Or offering discount advertising space for marriage counselors and divorce attorneys!

Seriously, love the site and totally enjoy the games. Thanks!
Major PapaGeek

Postby Pirlo on Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:01 pm

PapaGeek wrote:That's a lot of times!

Maybe I should rethink my other suggestions, like establishing CCA (Conquer Club Anonymous) meetings for those of us who do check the games multiple times a day! Or offering discount advertising space for marriage counselors and divorce attorneys!

Seriously, love the site and totally enjoy the games. Thanks!

lmao :lol:

hey PapaGeek... I like your idea and strongly support it because I don't enjoy speed games sticking to my PC for +2-3 hours... and I don't like to wait 24 hours to see any progress..... I definitely like & support your suggestion again....

TheForgivenOne, as a suggestions mod, meant that any suggestion should be made here before get it submitted to admin cuz the populace should give a feedback in order to see if the suggestion is worth submission or not... otherwise, the admin will receive a ton of suggestions which would make it tough for them to have clue of priorities.... nothing personal though... 8-)
Captain Pirlo

Postby Halmir on Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:19 pm

I think it'd add something useful to the games creation screen ESPECIALLY if it was for a pre-determined limit of 3 turns - that'd be enough to weed out the freemie deadbeats in the game, and most normal proper players would only fear missing one turn at worst. With this option, the game could then even revert to 24 hour turns.

There has to be a middle ground between "don't pick it if u don't like it" and "I'm going to close the Suggestions forum". That mid-point should be where "don't pick it if u don't like it" ideas gain enough popular support from the paying players? I'd support this being added as an option.
Lieutenant Halmir

Postby greenoaks on Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:02 pm

i don't like this option

it is far too easy for life to happen and bam!, you're kicked for 3 missed turns
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:16 pm

Remember guys, just because I don't like a suggestion, doesn't mean I won't submit it.

I am allowed to submit my opinions on a matter as well
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby patsfan12 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:37 pm

why not make speed games available for freemiums that is a good idea
Lieutenant patsfan12

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:44 pm

patsfan12 wrote:why not make speed games available for freemiums that is a good idea

No. This is a perk to buy premium. If you want speed games, buy premium. If you can't afford it, well, wait for a holiday to come around. (Hint Hint)
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby patsfan12 on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:02 am

so this website doesn't support the poor shamful
Lieutenant patsfan12

Postby greenoaks on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:18 am

patsfan12 wrote:so this website doesn't support the poor shamful

all those who've paid are supporting bludgers by letting them have 4 active games for free
Sergeant greenoaks

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions