- Since the game engine now recognizes requirements (sometimes known as losing conditions), it should generate an implicit one which requires a player to have at least one territory which can attack or bombard.
- There are a few maps in play where it is possible for a player to be on the board without the ability to affect the outcome of the game. The Home Runs on the Baseball map and Alcatraz on San Francisco leap to mind.
- Once a player is reduced to just territories like these, they are forced to continue taking turns, only to deploy with no hope of making any difference to the game. This does not add to their enjoyment of the site. (Yes, they shouldn't have got into that spot, but it is not always entirely their fault.)
- Players in this situation may deadbeat, delaying the game for the other players. On the other hand, a freemium player may be stuck with a game taking up a precious slot.
- The solution is to have the game engine automatically generate a Map XML <requirement> which contains all the territories on the map that can attack or bombard any other territory, with the <required> value being set to 1. Then, whenever a player gets completely stuck, they will be eliminated by the mechanism already in place for the losing conditions.
- For efficiency, if this <requirement> contains all the territories on the map (that is, if there are no black holes like Alcatraz), then it can be dropped from consideration.
How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
- No one gets trapped in a game that they cannot really play.
- No one gets delayed by deadbeats who don't show up to take a pointless turn.