Conquer Club

[Medal] Raise Achievement Medal Cap from 30 to Whatever

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Raise Achievement Medal Cap from 30 to whatever

Postby agentcom on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:53 pm

chapcrap wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:We have less than 15 people debating on this topic. I have given my two cents earlier with my two ways I would do things. There would be no cap either way. There is either an out right medal count or an achievement level medal type like the majority of the medals in my opinion. Again, someone compile the ideas and let there be a vote. Debating about caps on virtual medals (non tangible and all in all meaningless for the most part) is always going to be a he said she said opinion thing. There is no right or wrong as everyone has their opinion. If this site wants to do what is right it would let the people vote on as many ideas that we can come up with. It would not be hard to accomplish this. If you do not do it this way, the mods basically are dictators and you will do it our way and like it kind of people.

Mods only make suggestions to owners and programmers.

For myself, I make suggestions so that the programmer knows all sides of an argument. It's not really our choice and, historically, we aren't even aware of an update until just before release anyway. By that time, what meaningful input can be given? I'm hoping this will change in the future. However, the mods are currently, most definitely, not in charge of updates or how, when, and if they are implemented.

Yes. We are hoping that this will change in the (near) future. A system is being set up that allows us to facilitate the movement of information between the users and the admin via the mods. We have sort of used that for this suggestion, and I think the result has been a tentative success.

As a result of everyone's discussion, we have come back to a little bit of a middle ground between the high levels that I originally suggested and the more generous views of some of the users that have posted here. Please note that the plan is still not to award 1 medal per achievement, but to bring the levels down a little bit and hopefully make a few more people happy.

What do you guys think about a level system like the following:

Cartography:
35 (XXXV)
40 (XL)
45 (VL)
50 (L)

Tournament Organizing and Victories:
50 (L)
100 (C)
150 (CL)
200 (CC)

Clan Wins
40 (XL)
50 (L)
75 (LXXV)
100 (C)

This version allows for 4 additional medals per category, keeps the "good looks" of the roman numerals, adjusts the requirements to loosely track the difficulty in achieving medals, and allows for the "prestige-factor" of the leveled system.

This was not my idea, it was a combination of ideas from the users, department leaders, other moderators and the admin. But I, for one, support it.

I fully realize that we're never going to make everyone happy, but is this at least an acceptable compromise?
Colonel agentcom

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:13 pm

agentcom wrote:As a result of everyone's discussion, we have come back to a little bit of a middle ground between the high levels that I originally suggested and the more generous views of some of the users that have posted here. Please note that the plan is still not to award 1 medal per achievement, but to bring the levels down a little bit and hopefully make a few more people happy.

Cartography:
35 (XXXV)
40 (XL)
45 (VL)
50 (L)

50 (L)
100 (C)
150 (CL)
200 (CC)

Clan Wins
40 (XL)
50 (L)
75 (LXXV)
100 (C)

This version allows for 4 additional medals per category, keeps the "good looks" of the roman numerals, adjusts the requirements to loosely track the difficulty in achieving medals, and allows for the "prestige-factor" of the leveled system.

This was not my idea, it was a combination of ideas from the users, department leaders, other moderators and the admin. But I, for one, support it.

I fully realize that we're never going to make everyone happy, but is this at least an acceptable compromise?

I could definitely agree with this system. It accomplishes all the goals you define in the highlighted paragraph.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby greenoaks on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:06 pm

although i am not in favour of increasing the cap at all - i like the 4 tiers, especially how it is weighted against hosting tournaments compared to making maps.

=D> =D> =D>
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby benga on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:04 am

Limits are ridicoulous, the first cap for maps is 35 and then next is 10 maps more, wtf?

Same goes for other categories.

It's harder to get to first cap, then others.

Maps should be: 15,25,40,60
Clans:30
Tourneys:30
Sergeant benga

Postby Gillipig on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:10 am

agentcom wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:We have less than 15 people debating on this topic. I have given my two cents earlier with my two ways I would do things. There would be no cap either way. There is either an out right medal count or an achievement level medal type like the majority of the medals in my opinion. Again, someone compile the ideas and let there be a vote. Debating about caps on virtual medals (non tangible and all in all meaningless for the most part) is always going to be a he said she said opinion thing. There is no right or wrong as everyone has their opinion. If this site wants to do what is right it would let the people vote on as many ideas that we can come up with. It would not be hard to accomplish this. If you do not do it this way, the mods basically are dictators and you will do it our way and like it kind of people.

Mods only make suggestions to owners and programmers.

For myself, I make suggestions so that the programmer knows all sides of an argument. It's not really our choice and, historically, we aren't even aware of an update until just before release anyway. By that time, what meaningful input can be given? I'm hoping this will change in the future. However, the mods are currently, most definitely, not in charge of updates or how, when, and if they are implemented.

Yes. We are hoping that this will change in the (near) future. A system is being set up that allows us to facilitate the movement of information between the users and the admin via the mods. We have sort of used that for this suggestion, and I think the result has been a tentative success.

As a result of everyone's discussion, we have come back to a little bit of a middle ground between the high levels that I originally suggested and the more generous views of some of the users that have posted here. Please note that the plan is still not to award 1 medal per achievement, but to bring the levels down a little bit and hopefully make a few more people happy.

Cartography:
35 (XXXV)
40 (XL)
45 (VL)
50 (L)

50 (L)
100 (C)
150 (CL)
200 (CC)

Clan Wins
40 (XL)
50 (L)
75 (LXXV)
100 (C)

Run with it! Doesn't look like we can talk you guys into changing it to arabic numerals or a bronze, silver, gold system, so this probably a good compromise.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Qwert on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:08 am

its look that i will open mine own suggestion, because its not welcome here in these topic,and some people show (dont have word to describe these).
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Gillipig on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:26 am

qwert wrote:its look that i will open mine own suggestion, because its not welcome here in these topic,and some people show (dont have word to describe these).

We can always talk about it, but I don't think they're going to go with either Arabic numerals or a bronze, silver, gold system, so a modified roman numerals system is probably what we will get either way.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:37 am

qwert wrote:its look that i will open mine own suggestion, because its not welcome here in these topic,and some people show (dont have word to describe these).

You have a different idea about raising the medal cap. We are discussing it here. Just because not everyone agrees with you does not mean your opinion isn't welcome.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:46 am

Your suggestion is to have either bronze, silver or gold medals for all. That is seriously bad as lots of people will lose medals. How will you or the site explain to them the reason behind the reduction of medals.
As for the other one, Arabic numbers, I have already said I would support this if you want to make the 6993 medals that would be needed. This would take way to long to implement, cost to much if an artist had to be employed for it and be different enough from what we have now to cause some contention from players who like the status quo.
:D
Lieutenant koontz1973

Tournament Winner/organizer, GA, etc, Medals

Postby Armandolas on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:26 am

Sorry if this is posted somewhere else, but i couldnt find it

Concise description:
  • Show real number of won medals, instead of limit it to 30

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • It will show a more accurate medal list in profile
Colonel Armandolas

Re: Tournament Winner/organizer, GA, etc, Medals

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:47 am

Here is a thread. It is in the submitted section

viewtopic.php?f=535&t=180132
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Re: Tournament Winner/organizer, GA, etc, Medals

Postby Swifte on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:18 am

Colonel Swifte

Re: [Site] Raise Achievement Medal Cap from 30 to Whatever

Postby spiesr on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:21 am

Captain spiesr

Postby agentcom on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:31 am

I have requested a status update on this one from the admin. My understanding is that it has been worked on quite a bit, but stalled out somewhere along the way. More info forthcoming hopefully :)
Colonel agentcom

Postby bigWham on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:33 pm

Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Armandolas on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:05 pm

whats the limit now?
Colonel Armandolas

Postby agentcom on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:18 pm

Armandolas wrote:whats the limit now?

:oops: err ... ummm .... it's still being discussed :oops:
Colonel agentcom

Trophy/medal

Postby harvmax on Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:09 pm

Trophy count

Just wanted to make a suggestion and have never done so before. First just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to make this an incredible site. Love all of the new changes that have been happening.

As for my suggestion. When viewing trophies such as Clan Acheivement or total Tourney victories the total is in Roman numerals and only goes to XXX(30). This is fine but doesn't give full credit to the individuals who have won more than this. I understand that the length of numbers in Roman numerals can take up more space so I was simply wondering about switching to a numeric value and somehow (and this is too you guys who can do miracles with computer coding) making them more legible. In other words if you have won 42 tourneys it could read 42. Again I only bring this up because I have noticed that XXX (30) is the maximum. I think we could do more to honor the guys who have worked/played hard to have higher totals.

Thanks for your time.
Sergeant harvmax

Postby spiesr on Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:51 pm

MERGED: Trophy/medal
Captain spiesr

Previous

Return to Suggestions