Conquer Club

[Medal] Raise Achievement Medal Cap from 30 to Whatever

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Raise Clan Achievement Medal Cap from 30 to whatever

Postby chapcrap on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:28 pm

Chewie1 wrote:
TheCrown wrote:Can we at least get a tab like the tourneys have? So that we can see when we get up to 290 clan war wins?

Does seem like double standards... you can get unlimited medals for winning tourneys, but not clan wars...not a lot of difference.

This is completely false. The cap is 30 for all medals.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:42 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:
betiko wrote:highlander attack has won 290 tourneys. should there be no limit on the roman figure?

Oh. I really did not know that they weren't tallied anywhere. I thought that the "medal image" maxed out at XXX, but I thought he still got credit for it on his medal count. That's truly a shame that it does not show up anywhere except in the database. He was one of the most active and most contributing players of all time in the tournament world. I think it should be in the record books without a doubt.

Which is why it would be nice to get another medal with a new symbol that rolls over every 50-100 achievements. HA would be the only person with a "CC" on his medal. And he'd be one of three with a "CC" on a tourney organizer medal. But the site would only have to give him a handful more medals, so he wouldn't just fly ahead on the medal scoreboard.

Maybe he'd get 3 more medals in each category: "L", "C", and "CC" for 50, 100 and 200, respectively.
Colonel agentcom

Postby TheCrown on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:47 pm

yeah... and the top medal guy should get some kind of special token or designation as well.... like Gen. Gettinghed has the conqueror token.
Colonel TheCrown

Postby agentcom on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:29 pm

I don't know if I'd go that far ...
Colonel agentcom

Postby chapcrap on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:52 am

TheCrown wrote:yeah... and the top medal guy should get some kind of special token or designation as well.... like Gen. Gettinghed has the conqueror token.

YES!! A medal for getting medals!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby TheCrown on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:21 pm

chapcrap wrote:
TheCrown wrote:yeah... and the top medal guy should get some kind of special token or designation as well.... like Gen. Gettinghed has the conqueror token.

YES!! A medal for getting medals!

Not a medal.... a special designator... :ugeek:
Colonel TheCrown

Postby agentcom on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:00 pm

This is now getting away from the OP ... not saying the ideas or bad, but if someone wants to it might be the topic for another suggestion. TheCrown, you not that it would be a special designator like the conqueror rank is. That's kind of a cool idea. You could even go further and give a special designator to all the recognized and tracked scoreboard categories:

Games Completed - some sort of "veteran" symbol
Games Won - something else
Medals - TheCrown's suggestion, maybe a generic medal icon
Rating - I don't know, a little smiley face or a star and a requirement that you have to play 100 games or something like that before you qualify for the designator

Just thought I'd throw those ideas out there if anyone does want to follow up on this in a new thread.
Colonel agentcom

Postby chapcrap on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:44 pm

agentcom wrote:This is now getting away from the OP ... not saying the ideas or bad, but if someone wants to it might be the topic for another suggestion. TheCrown, you not that it would be a special designator like the conqueror rank is. That's kind of a cool idea. You could even go further and give a special designator to all the recognized and tracked scoreboard categories:

Games Completed - some sort of "veteran" symbol
Games Won - something else
Medals - TheCrown's suggestion, maybe a generic medal icon
Rating - I don't know, a little smiley face or a star and a requirement that you have to play 100 games or something like that before you qualify for the designator

Just thought I'd throw those ideas out there if anyone does want to follow up on this in a new thread.

I was semi-on board with this until you said rating. That's the most absurd thing on the scoreboard.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Nicky15 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:36 am

My personal opinion is that if you win a tournament or clan war you should get your medal for it.

As far as Clan wars go, the CD team will be pushing for a fix. But i suspect this will take time. In the meantime we will keep a record of all those affected. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to back date the medals owed eventually.
Major Nicky15

Postby Chewie1 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:14 am

Nicky15 wrote:My personal opinion is that if you win a tournament or clan war you should get your medal for it.

As far as Clan wars go, the CD team will be pushing for a fix. But i suspect this will take time. In the meantime we will keep a record of all those affected. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to back date the medals owed eventually.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Lieutenant Chewie1

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:24 pm

Just as I don't believe that one should be able to get to the top of the points scoreboard by only playing one kind of game, I also don't think you should be able to get to the top of the medals scoreboard by only engaging in one kind of activity.

Someone who organises 80 million tournaments still only gets 30 tournament medals, while someone who wins 80 million clan wars still only gets 30 clan medals. A more balanced player who organises 25 tournaments and wins 25 clan wars will have more medals than either of them. There's nothing wrong with that. The first two players may have spectacular achievements in their respective areas, but the third guy is a more balanced member of the community.

At some point it might be a good idea to raise the limit, but a limit of some kind there should be.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby greenoaks on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:07 am

Dukasaur wrote:Just as I don't believe that one should be able to get to the top of the points scoreboard by only playing one kind of game, I also don't think you should be able to get to the top of the medals scoreboard by only engaging in one kind of activity.

Someone who organises 80 million tournaments still only gets 30 tournament medals, while someone who wins 80 million clan wars still only gets 30 clan medals. A more balanced player who organises 25 tournaments and wins 25 clan wars will have more medals than either of them. There's nothing wrong with that. The first two players may have spectacular achievements in their respective areas, but the third guy is a more balanced member of the community.

At some point it might be a good idea to raise the limit, but a limit of some kind there should be.

i totally agree.

limits encourage those that care about their medal count to participate in or contribute to other parts of this site.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:57 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:Just as I don't believe that one should be able to get to the top of the points scoreboard by only playing one kind of game, I also don't think you should be able to get to the top of the medals scoreboard by only engaging in one kind of activity.

i totally agree.

limits encourage those that care about their medal count to participate in or contribute to other parts of this site.

+1. Otherwise I'm such a medal whore that I would organize 10 touraments per week! :lol:
Also I think it's good to know there is a max acheivement and that it's not endless.. Nevertheless; there is a tournament hall of fame, I think there should be a clan members hall of fame where you can see the total wars won per player and per clan, just in the same format. Otherwise in the case of TNC there is no recognition for 30+ wars won... could be 30, could be 100, no one would know! you do know for tournament winners and organizers!

other than this, I do think being with the most medals on the site is an acheivement as important as being the player with the most points, so yeah, a special icon/medal wouldn't be undeserved IMO.
Major betiko

Postby agentcom on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:31 pm

This is something that the admin have recently become interested in for whatever reason. Therefore, I am going to STICKY this to draw some more attention to it.

My vote is still to maintain the tradition of the roman numerals and award additional medals at a staggered level of perhaps 50 ("L"), 100 ("C") and 200 ("CC").

There will still be an imbalance in how easy medals are to earn, but I don't really see the problem of having someone like Highlanderattack getting 3 more medals for all the tourneys he's organized. And I can't wait to see cairns get the only "L" cartography medal :)
Colonel agentcom

Postby Swifte on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:38 pm

agentcom's stepping medals seems ideal to me. sorry but 270 tournament organizer medals would be nuts.
Colonel Swifte

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:05 pm

So what if people become medal hunters and decide to host a crazy amount of tourneys? They are helping the site by hosting those tourneys. Its a win-win situation for the site. If it becomes an issue where there are too many, they can change the limit on how many ongoing tournaments you can have going at once. At this point there is no max.

Medals for the tourneys, encourage more tournaments and encourage more participation. I think everyone wins in this situation. The only "losers" are the people that try to medal hunt for gameplay medals only and do not take the extra step to to anything "extra" for the site. I personally think a medal for running a tournament is justified, it's not the most simple task in the world, especially if things go wrong.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:05 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:So what if people become medal hunters and decide to host a crazy amount of tourneys? They are helping the site by hosting those tourneys. Its a win-win situation for the site. If it becomes an issue where there are too many, they can change the limit on how many ongoing tournaments you can have going at once. At this point there is no max.

Medals for the tourneys, encourage more tournaments and encourage more participation. I think everyone wins in this situation. The only "losers" are the people that try to medal hunt for gameplay medals only and do not take the extra step to to anything "extra" for the site. I personally think a medal for running a tournament is justified, it's not the most simple task in the world, especially if things go wrong.

I think you want tournament directors to go nuts mob!!!! :lol: all these medals are given manually!
In this case there should probably be a "medal score" instead of a total medal count, with certain medals having more value. Winning a gameplay gold medal is way harder than organizing a tourney!! or than winning 3 bronze...
200 are you serious? so how would 188 fit anyway?? CLXXXVIII lol.
Major betiko

Postby L M S on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:44 pm

On a completely unrelated note from a true medal whore:
I wish I could select which 30 of each type were displayed on my profile or something like that.
Example:
I'd rather be able to show off my recent medal for winning the TLO tournament than some random 1v1 I played in 5 years ago. That was a major tournament win and I'm pretty proud of it; no one can see it though (least of all me :() because of all the others.

...And now for a completely related note
I'd be in favor of raising all the caps; some of us have been playing here for over 6 years and 30 just isn't enough to accommodate this.
Perhaps it should be scalable like it is with the ranking system, only do it by years played on the site.
Example:
People here one year are allowed to have a maximum of 15 [insert medal type here] win medals displayed
2 years bumps you to 25
3 to 40
4 to 50
5 to 70
6 to 100
or whatever.....
Throw us long standing customers a bone and not for nothing but lets encourage people to go premium for other reasons than speed games and invites and all that.
(maybe I should make this a new suggestion?)

I don't like the idea that people should be required to play different things or get medals from all the possible ways by capping certain recognizable achievements ...people should be able to do what they like the best and if that is hosting 300 tourneys or playing in 300 tourneys or clan wars then so be it, imo.
ā€œOne of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.ā€
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:41 am

agentcom wrote:I think 90 medals of a certain type is a little excessive. I was thinking about roman numerals and I was thinking that just using those would be good. So at 50, you'd get a new medal with an L on it. Maybe you go in increments of 50. So at a certain point it wouldn't really be about medals (as I'm pretty sure is the case now for the small group of people with 100+ tourney wins, 30+ clan wins, 30 maps made, etc.). It would be a prestige thing. You're only getting one medal per 50 of whatever, but you might be one of only a handful of people that has an "L" or a "C" on your profile. If HA comes back to active participation here, I think it would be cool to see a tourney medal with "CCC" on it.

Bottom line for me is that when those guys hit those high amounts of achievements, I don't think it's about the medal count anymore. But it would be nice to recognize the people that have gone beyond the "XXX" level.

This idea seems the most logical so far, I really think this one should be implemented. Gives the everyone the credit they were looking for while keeping medals balanced
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:18 pm

I'm for this suggestion. I also think this should be done for all other medals where 30 currently is the cap.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:31 pm

actually I think I missunderstood agentcom's suggestion in the first place, I like it. just to be sure I understood correctly:

XXX -> 30
L-> 31
C->32
CL->33
CCC->36 max achievement

It seems like we finally all agreed ;)
Major betiko

Postby agentcom on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Gillipig wrote:I'm for this suggestion. I also think this should be done for all other medals where 30 currently is the cap.

It would be. Unfortunately for mapmakers, it would still be harder for them to gain medals. But that's no change from the current system. It would still be the most prestigious of the achievement medals.

... and lol @ betiko ;)
Colonel agentcom

Postby greenoaks on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:46 pm

Gillipig wrote:I'm for this suggestion. I also think this should be done for all other medals where 30 currently is the cap.

it is not possible to fit the roman numerals in the graphic to show 32, 33, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39.

so how about the graphic is unchanged until 35, then again to 40, 45, 50
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:15 pm

agentcom wrote:This is something that the admin have recently become interested in for whatever reason. Therefore, I am going to STICKY this to draw some more attention to it.

My vote is still to maintain the tradition of the roman numerals and award additional medals at a staggered level of perhaps 50 ("L"), 100 ("C") and 200 ("CC").

There will still be an imbalance in how easy medals are to earn, but I don't really see the problem of having someone like Highlanderattack getting 3 more medals for all the tourneys he's organized. And I can't wait to see cairns get the only "L" cartography medal :)

I think the pure genius of coincidence of Roman Numeral 200 being "CC" is almost enough by itself to pick up this template for raising the cap :P. This is something that I'd like to be working on for you guys, since it's something I can help out with without all of the programming, etc! I feel like raising the medal caps is a quick small thing that I can do that affects a lot of players greatly. After all -- who doesn't like having that awesome personal goal? Now maybe to hammer out a plan :)

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Gillipig on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:49 am

agentcom wrote:

It would be. Unfortunately for mapmakers, it would still be harder for them to gain medals. But that's no change from the current system. It would still be the most prestigious of the achievement medals.

... and lol @ betiko ;)

Give the mapmakers some more foundry related updates and I think (know) they won't care about the medals ;).

greenoaks wrote:

it is not possible to fit the roman numerals in the graphic to show 32, 33, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39.

so how about the graphic is unchanged until 35, then again to 40, 45, 50

IF 38 (vv) won't fit....
XXXVIII

then 45 (vv) will be a very tight squeeze....
XXXXV

It's only 38 that is larger than 45, all the others you metion will fit if 45 fits. Maybe it's durable to make 38 look a little messy?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions