Conquer Club

[GC] Filter for Join Games- Open Game Slots

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[GC] Filter for Join Games- Open Game Slots

Postby sure on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Sort field to games with just one spot left

While it is neat to have the choice of searching or sorting potential games by map used, # of players, flat rate vs other choices..., some times I just want to click in a game that is ready to start. An eight player game with 6 open spots, not fun waiting around for 3 days for the slots to fill up. Lets play now.

It would be fun to have a filter that sifts all available games open to new players down to just those games with X number of open spots left, the tool i'm interested in would show games with one spot left.

like the clapton album with bb king: one more car one more rider. just show me the games with one spot left i can click into and they will start right now.

I wonder if others feel the same way?

~sure
Colonel sure

Re: one more car, one more rider

Postby _sabotage_ on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:38 pm

Good idea. Just like poker, nearest to play comes up at the top. I agree with more search field options or personalized options. I have repeated the same few game searchers so often it makes me sea sick, why not just a single click?
Captain _sabotage_

Postby greenoaks on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:43 am

sure wrote:Sort field to games with just one spot left

While it is neat to have the choice of searching or sorting potential games by map used, # of players, flat rate vs other choices..., some times I just want to click in a game that is ready to start. An eight player game with 6 open spots, not fun waiting around for 3 days for the slots to fill up. Lets play now.

It would be fun to have a filter that sifts all available games open to new players down to just those games with X number of open spots left, the tool i'm interested in would show games with one spot left.

like the clapton album with bb king: one more car one more rider. just show me the games with one spot left i can click into and they will start right now.

I wonder if others feel the same way?

~sure

no i don't.

instead of bludging off others i bought premium which allows me to join up to 50 games at once.

i usually couldn't care less how long a game takes to start but on that rare occassion when i do - i play a Speed game.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:20 pm

Even though getting premium is a great solution, as oaks pointed out, I think this is a good suggestion.

Even as a premium, I want to start an immediate casual game sometimes, so I would like this.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:14 am

There are a ton of improvements that could be made to the Join a Game screen. We had one recently, which was to collapse all the repeat games. But it would be nice to find different ways to sort that screen. I think this may be the most common request of those. I'd love to see a "sort by number of open slots" option there.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby greenoaks on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:17 am

agentcom wrote:There are a ton of improvements that could be made to the Join a Game screen. We had one recently, which was to collapse all the repeat games. But it would be nice to find different ways to sort that screen. I think this may be the most common request of those. I'd love to see a "sort by number of open slots" option there.

you're right, this is a good suggestion.

i just get the shits when freemiums request this site change things to make it easier for them to continue bludging off the rest of us.

if this is implemented it should be for Premiums only.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby agentcom on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:04 am

Freemiums play a huge role on this site and that is filling up games for the people who do pay. This makes it easier for them (and premiums, too) to do that. I like premium perks and everything, but I'm not certain this should be one of them. On the flip side, this kind of does feel like the type of thing that would make a nice premium perk. But it would lead to the ironic: freemium players would see this as a tool that they could really use, and if they buy premium, they get that tool right as they have less need for it.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby chapcrap on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:00 am

agentcom wrote:Freemiums play a huge role on this site and that is filling up games for the people who do pay. This makes it easier for them (and premiums, too) to do that. I like premium perks and everything, but I'm not certain this should be one of them. On the flip side, this kind of does feel like the type of thing that would make a nice premium perk. But it would lead to the ironic: freemium players would see this as a tool that they could really use, and if they buy premium, they get that tool right as they have less need for it.

+1

This should be site-wide. I do love premium perks, but this is not one.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Return to Suggestions