My name is decoulombe and have been on the Conquer Club Website for sometime. Some of you may have remembered me but I used to have a premium membership and used to be a lot more active. Unfortunately, much has changed as the real world has taken priority on things.
Anyways, enough about me and on to the suggestion. I have been working with PHP for quite some time, and one of the main items a lot of my clients wish to make is for PHP to be a more social network.
- Add a more social network to the existing PHP structure of CC.
- A extension of User Profiles to include a Wall with like/dislike, personal information, list of family and friends, and even user statistics.e
- A extension of the friends management system, to include a list of friends on user profiles.
- A activity stream page, in addition to the exisiting wall system, to provide the user to make comments of existing posts on the wall.
- Private Instant Messenger to chat with your friends. This is done through the AJAX messaging system, but there are others that can include a chat system on the front page when logging in
How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
- CC as a whole will benefit as people will have a tendency to invite family and friends to join the.
- Moderators and Administrators will have an additional tool in distinguishing Family and Friends from the "double account" violators
- The social network will boost the CC overall attendance log as people will want to log to chat and talk to Family and Friends.
- Existing users will make use of the friends system and meet new people from around the world.
There are different PHP mods out there that may benefit CC. Some are free and some you have to pay, but if the Administration Team is interested, I'll be happy to support the project in the best way I can.