Conquer Club

[UI] Semi-Auto Assault

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Auto Roll Stop Loss

Postby Bones2484 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:17 pm

I know it's probably not the solution you want to hear, but this capability already exists in Clickable Maps. Good work around for you to use until (if?) this gets coded into the actual site.
Major Bones2484

Auto Assault Limits

Postby patrickaa317 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:30 pm

Limiting Auto Assault

I found some discussion on this on the boards but couldn't find a final answer or resolution. I think the Auto Assault button should come with a feature of how long to keep attacking. Maybe a limit on number of attacks, or down to "x" amount for defender or attacker. I just know I played a game where I had about 140 and they had about 70 on the border and I was left with 15 afterward. I would have stopped WAY before that had I known I was losing that many guys.

This will save hours of frustration of repeatedly "mashing" the assault button even though you obviously have a big advantage but don't want to run into that bout of bad luck where you lose 5 for every 1 you win.

Any further thoughts from others is welcome.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Re: Auto Assault Limits

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:41 pm

Interesting idea. Certainly the only real downside is however much work it takes to implement this.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Woltato on Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:52 pm

outstanding idea.

alternatively you could have a setting for the assault button to define how many attacks at a a time you wish to make.

so for example you could set it to make 10 attacks instead of having to do it 1 at a time.
Sergeant Woltato

Postby blakebowling on Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:21 pm

This should be possible with an addon, a dropdown that sets the number of attacks, and then the script would "press" attack that many times
Private blakebowling

Postby thebest712 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:53 am

clickable maps
Major thebest712

Postby Riskismy on Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:13 am

Heh. I was coming in to make this exact suggestion.

Implementing this would be a piece of cake, requiring just one more input field on the UI (for entring the number of troops you wish to attack with), and a simple loop in backend for making those attacks.

As a valuable plus, this would decrease load on the server, which wouldn't have to send the page again and again as we players click the attack button over and over.

Players would save time without this pointless clicking away, developer(s) would gain on server load. Everybody wins.
Lieutenant Riskismy

Postby oldrisky44 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:44 am

This is a good idea. I like the idea of setting he number of troops I am willing to lose or the number of enemy troops to be left after the attack. For example I recently played a game where I was cleaning up the map and moving into Oz with 21 armies, I also had a stack of 12 armies to whittle away at the opponents 14 (I know these are small numbers but the point is the same for larger armies; multiply the numbers by 10 and see what a difference it makes). I would gladly sacrifice 9 of the 14 to make an easier path for the 21. It would be nice to hit auto, but what if the 14 wins? Then the 21 are stranded. A limit on the number to lose would be nice, and also a limit on the number of remaining defenders would be awesome.

So you could set "Maximum Number of attackers to lose = X" or "Stop attack when defender = X"
Corporal 1st Class oldrisky44
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Woltato on Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:41 pm

oldrisky44 wrote:This is a good idea. I like the idea of setting he number of troops I am willing to lose or the number of enemy troops to be left after the attack. For example I recently played a game where I was cleaning up the map and moving into Oz with 21 armies, I also had a stack of 12 armies to whittle away at the opponents 14 (I know these are small numbers but the point is the same for larger armies; multiply the numbers by 10 and see what a difference it makes). I would gladly sacrifice 9 of the 14 to make an easier path for the 21. It would be nice to hit auto, but what if the 14 wins? Then the 21 are stranded. A limit on the number to lose would be nice, and also a limit on the number of remaining defenders would be awesome.

So you could set "Maximum Number of attackers to lose = X" or "Stop attack when defender = X"

I had a similar situation with bigger troop numbers. I couldn't be bothered to assault over and over so autoed 70 v 110 and miraculously won with 3 left leaving a 220 army stranded. The only time that good dice have cost me the game.

This feature would be extremely useful.
Sergeant Woltato

Different Levels of Auto Assault

Postby QoH on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:49 pm

Hi fellow Forumers.

Concise description:
  • WIll give varying levels of auto assault, not necessarily rolling dice until the attacker has only 3 men left.

Specifics/Details:
  • There will be different levels, depending on how many troops you have, ie. levels of 10, 20, 30, 40... 100, 200, 300...1000, 2000, 3000 etc. etc.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Will be useful if you have say, 80 troops, to 30 troops, but don't want to risk losing all of your men. So you set it to say, 50 left after auto assault. If you don't eliminate your opponent, then you still have 50 troops left.
Major QoH

Re: Different Levels of Auto Assault

Postby nebsmith on Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:49 am

I agree, it would be nice to have the option of auto assault until you have a set number of troops left to give you the chance to decide whether to go on or stop. Also there are times when you don't actually want to take a territory, just cut the toops on it down, so the option to stop the auto assault when your opponent is down to 2 would be a useful addition too.
Sergeant nebsmith

Postby greenoaks on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:02 am

nebsmith wrote:I agree, it would be nice to have the option of auto assault until you have a set number of troops left to give you the chance to decide whether to go on or stop. Also there are times when you don't actually want to take a territory, just cut the toops on it down, so the option to stop the auto assault when your opponent is down to 2 would be a useful addition too.

that is a separate idea, it should have its own thread
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Genghis Khant on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:53 am

Already suggested;
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15753

Genghis Khant wrote:How about having drop down lists just underneath the territory lists so that you can choose the minimum number of troops you want left on that territory once you've hit auto attack?

[attacking territory][ā–¼]__v__[defending territory][ā–¼]__[assault]_____[end assaults] _____,_________[n][ā–¼]____________________[n][ā–¼]__[auto assault]

with a default setting of

[attacking territory][ā–¼]__v__[defending territory][ā–¼]__[assault]_____[end assaults] ______________.[3][ā–¼]____________________[0][ā–¼]__[auto assault]

which is how it currently is in the game. That way you could then choose how much you want to weaken your opponent and set a limit to how much you're prepared to weaken yourself.

for example, you might want to take the territory so you leave the settings as they are, or if there's a big stack waiting behind that territory you might want to reduce it to just 1 or 2 men so that the stack can't be used to counter-attack. On the other hand, if it's two big stacks facing each other you can just weaken the other without risking crippling yourself if the dice turn gay.

[attacking territ(500)][ā–¼]__v__[defending territ(500)][ā–¼]__[assault]_____[end assaults] ______________.[100][ā–¼]____________________[0][ā–¼]__[auto assault]

or

[attacking territ(500)][ā–¼]__v__[defending territ(500)][ā–¼]__[assault]_____[end assaults] ______________.[300][ā–¼]____________________[100][ā–¼]__[auto assault]
Corporal 1st Class Genghis Khant

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:26 pm

Merged.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby firsal901 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:21 am

very nice!
Cook firsal901

Postby skipopidid on Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:45 pm

I think this has great possibilities especially when combined with viewtopic.php?f=4&t=133618
Basically you would be able to attack more than once, or even with just one army to test your luck.
Private 1st Class skipopidid

Postby lgrupido on Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:45 am

Has anything happened with this thread? I've seen no difference in the auto-assault feature, and I too would like to see something.

Either a limit to the number of attacks, or a "down to" number.

For instance, if you are playing a game such as city mogul, you could have 500 armies vs 500 armies. A case like that, I might want to attack until my armies are down to 400, then re-evaluate. Clicking it one at a time, I'll be there for 20 minutes. But if I auto-attack and get a particularly unlucky streak, I could find my self down 400 to 3 in a heartbeat.

Would like to see SOMETHING along these lines implemented, even if you simply choose the number of attacks as has been suggested.

Thanks.
Private 1st Class lgrupido

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:19 am

lgrupido wrote:Has anything happened with this thread? I've seen no difference in the auto-assault feature, and I too would like to see something.

Either a limit to the number of attacks, or a "down to" number.

For instance, if you are playing a game such as city mogul, you could have 500 armies vs 500 armies. A case like that, I might want to attack until my armies are down to 400, then re-evaluate. Clicking it one at a time, I'll be there for 20 minutes. But if I auto-attack and get a particularly unlucky streak, I could find my self down 400 to 3 in a heartbeat.

Would like to see SOMETHING along these lines implemented, even if you simply choose the number of attacks as has been suggested.

Thanks.

There are suggestions that have been in the SUBMITTED pile for three and a half years. So don't be expecting anything too quick.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:42 pm

Woodruff wrote:There are suggestions that have been in the SUBMITTED pile for three and a half years. So don't be expecting anything too quick.

The existence of this forum is just a big joke between the admins, really.
Major drunkmonkey

Different levels of auto attack

Postby hmsps on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:03 am

Rather than just auto attack everything you have on an attack why not be able to set a level of armies you want to risk as an attacker to see how it goes, this would work in games where there are large stacks.

I just think there are circumstances especially in speed games where you come up against a stack maybe of similar size and there is not enough time to attack normally to reduce your opponents stack and you dont immediately want to auto, this way you could say do it in blocks of 10, 20, 50 or whatever
Highest score 3372 02/08/12
Highest position 53 02/08/12
Major hmsps

Re: Different levels of auto attack

Postby chapcrap on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:48 am

I think this has been talked about before...but I don't remember where. I know I've seen discussion about it.

Anyway, I'm in favor of it. It would be much easier and faster to attack this way than hitting attack 20 or 30 times for one territory.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Chewie1 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:09 am

Would be great for those games where everyone has huge stacks and you want to try thinning them out without taking ages.

I would vote in favour.
Captain Chewie1

Postby QoH on Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:46 pm

This would be an awesome addition. Please implement!
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby Ickyketseddie on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:40 am

In favour of this. Great idea.
Captain Ickyketseddie

Postby Pedronicus on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:14 pm

id like to see the different auto attack levels looking like this;
a) lose everything
b) get arse raped in a size
c) i bet you regretted doing that didn't you?
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions