Conquer Club

New Game Play Mode, and New spoils

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

New Game Play Mode, and New spoils

Postby random21 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:26 pm

Game Play Mode: Upgrades On Off

New Spoils: Booby Trap, Rendezvous

In upgrade mode, players are given access to new upgrades.

Upgrades, and ways of gaining them can be suggested. Some are as follows:

Gain 7 sided attacking dice up to 9. Gain 7 sided defending dice up to 9. Anyone familiar with actual risks game variants may find this familiar, but we have some advantages... we are not bound by physics :D

So i was thinking this: After a new round is incremented, all players manually select 1 upgrade. With the above suggestion, there are 5 possible upgrades, which can be extended 3 times?

So I have Attacking Die 1, Attacking Die 2, Attacking Die 3, Defending Die 1, Defending Die 2. Each die can be upgraded Maximum of 3 times. So In the end lets say, I could be attacking with 9, 9 , 9 sided dice, or defending with 9, 9 dice. At the starting round, like manual deploy, all players can choose what they upgrade. First player would get 7, 6, 6 attacking die.

We would need to edit the dice format so that average die roll is no longer 3.51 or whatever it is, and allows the upgrades to increase average roll. As upgrades and rounds increment higher, Players will start to face harder "tech". You can boost in four rounds to 8, 8 defense. Or Rush to 7, 7, 7 attacking dice in three rounds. Strategy can develop with ease. Go for 9, 6, 6 dice in attack? as opposed to 7, 7, 7.

I am introducing this with perhaps familiar risk precedents, i.e. many risk variants include methods to reach 8 sided die.

So this in brief, was upgrades: 9 sided die attack / Defense. To fully upgrade, a game would need to go 15 rounds, and all players would be at, 9, 9, 9 and 9, 9. Obviously we can edit this, and could say upgrades are available at the start of every 3 rounds. So it would take 45 rounds to reach 9s. etc or whatever we choose.

Another Upgrade: Training Troops

As your troops are trained, they learn to fight better and improve their in game performance with knowledge of terrain, etc. Again like some risk, Training Troops allows the benefit of no longer rolling 1's. At worst, you roll a 2. This is too is offered in some risk variants. I can expand with upgrades later, but this is just to gain the feel of community sentiment with changes I kind of already know how play out.

Then all we need is a mechanism for training troops. Again, we could train troops from individual dice one by one. 5 dice rolls, 3 attack, 2 defense. We could make it one follow swoop, and trained troops across 5 dice don't roll 1's, or make it require 5 upgrades for each dice etc.

This suggestion requires restructuring of the dice computer... so input in this regard as well.

Ok, so thats that.

New Spoils:

Booby Trap:

Not sure how this would come about, i.e. not even drawing a card necessarily. But what I would like, is at the end of every round, or something... a player is able to select a territory and booby trap it. It could be mandatory as a territory one currently owns, or any territory on the board. What happens is, after that territory is selected for booby trap, the next time an opponent... not a teammate, or the player who booby trapped the territory... attacks that territory, they get an automatic negative bonus during their turn. So if during their turn, they invade this territory with 12 troops, they suffer the damage live. The loss could be 3 troops, maybe 5. You could also boobytrap your opponents territories, anticpating that you will break them, or they might take a teammate for a bonus, and once this happens, they suffer loss. So if opponent blue, has 3/4 bonus, and opponent yellow has the other 1/4 bonus and forts it to make it 5, 1. Booby trap the yellow territory, so when 5 v 1 comes around, after the booby trap is triggered, both territories are 1's.

So you could see this working in a number ways: you could booby trap your own territories, guessing which territories are most likely to suffer attacks. This could be a territory within a bonus you hold, that is the best way for the opponent to attack and break you. Or you could select your territory which is in a bonus you believe your opponent will go for, will he get the bonus? Yes he will if he takes your territory... but then he suffers the cost in the attacking territory. The booby trap puts the damage towards the invading territory. -3 or -5 1 troop must always remain ... both in attacking territory, and invaded.

Obviously, this is better spoils for large maps. I feel small maps, with fewer starting territories, this would be extra costly. But anyways,

So this could be used with collecting spoils, or be just new game play also altogether... if it is spoils, i dont know how we set it so that we draw the cards, or we just make it that we manually select where we want to booby trap the map. So yeah.... i dunno

Rendezvous:

Unlike boobytrap where you incur a negative bonus, rendezvous is when you are meeting up with a local garrison for instance. Some method of drawing a card, or selecting a territory, means that when you take that territory, you gain a certain number of troops, say 3 or 5. You could draw at the end of your turn a card: brazil. once you reach and own brazil you get the bonus. We could edit the frequency or manner in which you gain this bonus but yeah. Is an idea at least. This however, i dont want to be so much up to choosing of a player. He can just always select an adjacent territory, and we;d be getting + bonuses everywhere. This should be randomly drawn, but a more scarce game play component, not necessarily a territory every round where you can get +15 or + 9 troops in 3 rounds etc. Maybe at the round 5, 10, 15 game mark, everyone still in the game gest 1 territory card they can work towards. So first 5 rounds, Rendezvous gameplay/spoils as little effect. But then towards late game, you can gain these cards and steal them from opponents maybe, and gain bonuses in late game or mid game. etc

K i can always go on with more ideas, maybe ill update them later. So far, these are basic ideas drawn from risk variants im sure many who play will recognize. Are they the most balanced? Well, I think with interest from community, we can certainly tweak them to be a favourable addition to cc.
Field Marshal random21

Return to Suggestions