Conquer Club

Modify C&A Punishments/Vacations To Fit The Offense

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby owenshooter on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:41 am

The Problem:
recently there was a C&A case in which multiple members manipulated extra accounts to garnish points for their own accounts over a period of time. Now, 6 of them were busted and two of them were given a one week vacation. when you say one week vacation, i assume it means like when you receive a forum vacation, you are kicked out for a week. that is not the case with C&A vacations (to my understanding). when i checked in on the two offenders that had been given one week vacations, they were still in active games, but had been placed in GUESTS. i asked a C&A mod how this was possible. when people are given a vacation, they may continue to participate in their active games, they just can't post in the forums or join new games. how is this a punishment? i was told it is to keep teammates and other members from being affected by the vacationed member. huh? i think if you are given a vacation, you should be X'd out of all your active games with the ol, "kicked for violation of the rules", posted in the game chat. what is the punishment? if you cheat and are caught, in some cases you are just left alone to play without any repercussions. i posted a link to the thread in one of the offending players game, and a player sent me a pm thanking me, because he had no idea he was playing with a busted player/cheat. i have never understood why punishments for forum violations are harsher than those for gaming violations. if you break a forum rule, you are kicked out of the forum and may not post, you are not allowed to continue posting in your clan forum or to receive/send pm's, you are just literally KILLED from the forums. why is it not like this for game violations? if you cheat and are given a vacation, you should forfeit all of your games, period. they received a punishment of no pm's, posting or starting games, but were allowed to play all their active games. that is not a punishment that fits the offense. punishments should fit the offense.

Specifics/Details:
    Subject: sneaky tactics[sn]

sniffie wrote:Riverrun seems to be clean, yet I have noted him for future reference.

Yatti and Lanlar have one week vacation

xthelmax and tripwire8 where already busted

steelz246,thorn25, iron99 and dodner7 are busted

Kilam and pete543 seem clean

Keep this topic clean boys and gals

Sniff

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
actually punishing game cheats may act as a deterrent against further cheating.
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Re: Modify C&A Punishments/Vacations To Fit The Offense

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:11 am

I agree.

Getting a week off from starting new games is not a punishment.

Getting kicked from all current games would make the punishment real.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby owenshooter on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:13 am

Dukasaur wrote:Getting kicked from all current games would make the punishment real.

agree 100%... the excuse that it may harm team members or other players in the game, is irrelevant. if that were the case, they wouldn't boot BUSTED players, they would let them finish all their current games, then give them a farewell thread in the forums... just doesn't make sense...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby sempaispellcheck on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:41 am

Dukasaur wrote:I agree.

+1

When multis are busted, they're kicked from all their games - "for violating the rules."
By that logic violating any rule should get you kicked from all your games.
In some cases, you could perhaps argue that that might be a bit too extreme - but this is not one of those cases.

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby notyou2 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:17 am

I think they should lose their points. Make them a cook or cadet or something.
Captain notyou2

Postby Godd on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:19 am

Agreed Owen,
would also like to see the opening page under events to post their names for a month showing they were BUSTED for rules violations.
This will show their shame to all for many of the other players they have played against or will play against would of never known
(it would make others to be aware that we don't tolerate it)
Major Godd

Postby Major.Bossman on Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:51 pm

Giving someone who is busted for cheating a one week vacation from joining new games or posting in the forum does not look like a deterrent. Unless the guilty party plays only speed games this is not much of a punishment. Many games with multiple players takes anywhere from a few days to a couple of months thereby being unable to join new games for a week will only be a slight or non existent decrease in the amount of games. Maybe players who do get busted should be on a list or rap sheet of some sort.
Major Major.Bossman

Postby Lord Arioch on Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:46 pm

Agrees here! Crime equals punishment! give it to em!
Captain Lord Arioch

Postby owenshooter on Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:51 pm

these are both really good ideas...

Godd wrote:would also like to see the opening page under events to post their names for a month showing they were BUSTED for rules violations.
This will show their shame to all for many of the other players they have played against or will play against would of never known
(it would make others to be aware that we don't tolerate it)

Major.Bossman wrote:Maybe players who do get busted should be on a list or rap sheet of some sort.

sock it to them!!!-Jésus noir

Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:45 pm

i agree too. i stopped counting at somewhere around 350 points one of these guys had collected off of the games that were in question. and i wasn't at the halfway point for the amount of games that were played.

i can't stand a cheater, and would hope that more could be done to stop it as best as possible.

the cheating and abuse team shouldn't be charged with ruining games that cheaters get kicked out of. it should be the cheater that gets the rap for that bit of misfortune.

it may be like a ex-con trying to find a job.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby TeeGee on Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:53 am

I agree here, the punishment was far too lenient.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Keefie on Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:21 am

This has my support as well.

The punishment in this case was way to soft.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby owenshooter on Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:39 am

sempaispellcheck wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:I agree.

+1

When multis are busted, they're kicked from all their games - "for violating the rules."
By that logic violating any rule should get you kicked from all your games.
In some cases, you could perhaps argue that that might be a bit too extreme - but this is not one of those cases.

sempai

double duh!!! certainly, a case where people stole points off of multiple accounts is a clear cut basis for being thrown from all their active games...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:51 am

All this.^
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby riskllama on Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:14 pm

hey, just a thought here...
wouldn't the possibility of ruining other peoples' games(friends/clanmates) be more of an incentive to not cheat? i think it might...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby owenshooter on Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:33 pm

riskllama wrote:hey, just a thought here...
wouldn't the possibility of ruining other peoples' games(friends/clanmates) be more of an incentive to not cheat? i think it might...

the funny thing is, this guys friends were fake accounts that he took points off of for years... i don't think he was too worried about those fake accounts... i don't care about people being affected by it, if i play with a cheat and he is busted, good... i'll take a loss... i don't care... i just want cheaters to be properly punished...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby trinicardinal on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:55 pm

I gotta agree with this also. the punishment was way too lenient
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby MagnusGreeol on Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:58 am

Major.Bossman wrote:Giving someone who is busted for cheating a one week vacation from joining new games or posting in the forum does not look like a deterrent. Unless the guilty party plays only speed games this is not much of a punishment. Many games with multiple players takes anywhere from a few days to a couple of months thereby being unable to join new games for a week will only be a slight or non existent decrease in the amount of games. Maybe players who do get busted should be on a list or rap sheet of some sort.

- First off - Great suggestion Owen!!
- Second off - Love the idea of a rap sheet, A page in the Forum that lists all offenders / Their crimes and punishments. It gives people heads up for what they might be getting themselves into. As of now there is no way of knowing who is who without extensive investigation, a rap sheet would brand names into peoples minds, so anyone who goes through the rap sheet and looks at the names would know when they encounter them before joining a war with them. I say hang Em' high, cheaters are the fowl scum that plagues Our existence in this wonderful world We call CC ")

- Also, I do believe if you get caught with SD in hand or trying in any way to manipulate the system, You should be stripped down to a cook, Let those who love this war game, but also have it in them to cheat know that the rank you fought to get to and the points you fought hard to get, WILL BE TAKEN AWAY, So you gotta ask yourself, do ya feel lucky,,Well, do ya punk? ")

M∆GS
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby owenshooter on Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:53 am

MagnusGreeol wrote:- Second off - Love the idea of a rap sheet, A page in the Forum that lists all offenders / Their crimes and punishments. It gives people heads up for what they might be getting themselves into.

are we talking game cheats or all offenders? we have live chat offenders, global chat offenders. forum offenders and game cheats. as an almost 2 year banned forum goer (many of them fabricated during the great purge), i don't mind being placed on a list of abusers if it gets all the game cheats listed in a similar way. if you only want to list game cheats, i'm fine with that too... however, let's not forget the goal of the tread, the suggestion, make the punishment fit the crime...

MagnusGreeol wrote:- Also, I do believe if you get caught with SD in hand or trying in any way to manipulate the system, You should be stripped down to a cook, Let those who love this war game, but also have it in them to cheat know that the rank you fought to get to and the points you fought hard to get, WILL BE TAKEN AWAY, So you gotta ask yourself, do ya feel lucky,,Well, do ya punk? ")

many people are saying this... i like it... but then don't we get into the debate of giving someone an advantage by artificially lowering their rank and having them take out higher ranked players for mass points? however, cheats are reset, and these are cheats, right?-Jn
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby blakebowling on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:39 pm

In the near future, we intend to completely revamp the discipline system at CC. At this point, I'm thinking of having a special project (akin to the ad-hoc groups of old) that will help us define the scale. Feel free to discuss this specific suggestion here. I will likely use this thread to get ideas about who to invite into the project.
Private blakebowling

Postby owenshooter on Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:40 pm

blakebowling wrote:In the near future, we intend to completely revamp the discipline system at CC. At this point, I'm thinking of having a special project (akin to the ad-hoc groups of old) that will help us define the scale. Feel free to discuss this specific suggestion here. I will likely use this thread to get ideas about who to invite into the project.

i assume my invite is in the mail after being instrumental in the formation of the bigotry guidelines and current escalating scale... *applause*... and i think it is pretty common sense that any offense that involves a vacation should involve a forfeit of all current games...-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby blakebowling on Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:33 pm

owenshooter wrote:
blakebowling wrote:In the near future, we intend to completely revamp the discipline system at CC. At this point, I'm thinking of having a special project (akin to the ad-hoc groups of old) that will help us define the scale. Feel free to discuss this specific suggestion here. I will likely use this thread to get ideas about who to invite into the project.

i assume my invite is in the mail after being instrumental in the formation of the bigotry guidelines and current escalating scale... *applause*... and i think it is pretty common sense that any offense that involves a vacation should involve a forfeit of all current games...-Jésus noir

You know I can't even think of leaving you out of important decisions.
Private blakebowling

Postby owenshooter on Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:56 pm

blakebowling wrote:You know I can't even think of leaving you out of important decisions.

duh...-Jésus noir

Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Lord Arioch on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:11 am

If u dump them to cooks then u will add the scoreboard to the problem... a good player being dumped to cood due to offences will most likely be the next months most improved?

What would happen if u let them keep rank... added a rap sheet and stripped their medals?
Captain Lord Arioch

Postby owenshooter on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:53 am

Lord Arioch wrote:If u dump them to cooks then u will add the scoreboard to the problem... a good player being dumped to cood due to offences will most likely be the next months most improved?

What would happen if u let them keep rank... added a rap sheet and stripped their medals?

but don't we already dump players to the bottom for several offenses? why should this be different?-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Next

Return to Suggestions