Conquer Club

Fewer games are played...want more ppl to play?

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby dildobaggins on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:22 am

[DO AWAY WITH THE FOE OPTION]

:roll:

Instead of making someone "FOE" why not examine why? I do it usually because I have a high amount of points and wish to block a low point person from joining again. Once I see they play me I add them to "FOE"
How about when you create a game it has an option of allow point ranges to join? Such as: below 1500, 1500+ (which is most), 1600+, 1700+ and so on... This would be very practical. If someone has a problem with someones attitude and chat they can simply use the ignore button which blocks from seeing the chat. I dont know why people throw fits like children on here saying mommy he or she said this he or she said that to mods. Grow up and face the world. Allow people to play as long as they meet the game set up criteria. Yes, I have like 100 people on my foe list, but I wouldn't mind being able to have the similar ranks join my games. I can ignore the chat of harassment and still have a fun game! :D

[Please instate a rank of joinability button and remove the foe system]

DO AWAY WITH THE FOE OPTION

Specifics/Details:
  • increase games played

This should greatly benefit the site and allow more games to take place, right now its quiet in the speed game area
=D>
Captain dildobaggins

Re: Fewer games are played...want more ppl to play?

Postby dildobaggins on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:29 am

Im sure you all know if you have like 2000 pts and a 1230 pter wins you will lose like 40-50 pts but if you win you get like 10....I'd like this not to happen to anyone unless they CHOOSE it. Thats why I thought of this.
Captain dildobaggins

Postby dollarsnosense on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:29 am

Thumbs up! =D>
Sergeant 1st Class dollarsnosense

Postby IcePack on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:31 am

I use the foe mainly for forums so this suggestion doesn't really help anything there

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby dildobaggins on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:33 am

maybe you can suggest they open a little crunchy library for you :D
Captain dildobaggins

Postby Slaylark on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:46 am

I like the suggestions Dildobaggins presents. It has merit and should be considered. They make sense to at least make them as an option.
Corporal Slaylark

Postby Donelladan on Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:56 am

While second part of the suggestions itself ( points restrictions to join game ) can be discussed, dildobaggins explanations for it are really shitty.
Such a coward, don't foe people because they have less points than you.

And ofc, we should keep the foeing feature. I use it to avoid annoying people to join my games, and I want it to remain that way. Just because dildobaggins use the foe option in a deviant way doesn't mean everyone does or that we should get rid of it :roll:

Btw your title is

Putting point restriction in place will lower much more the number of opponent for your game than currently with the foe option.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:48 am

Donelladan wrote:

Putting point restriction in place will lower much more the number of opponent for your game than currently with the foe option.

Rare occurence. I agree with Don. You've succinctly explained why under the current site situation this is a terrible idea. Lets encourage everyone to play each other, not resrict.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby waauw on Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:59 am

In my experience those low rank players(cooks-sergeants) really aren't a bother. They hardly ever win and I usually gain more points from that kind of players than that I lose from them. Maybe it's different for 3000+ players, but you are not one of those anyway. Admittedly I play more multiplayer games, whilst apparently you play poly/1v1.

So to nuance what Donelladan says, it might be tremendously detrimental for multiplayer games, whilst maybe helpful for 1v1/poly. Multiplayer games become quite difficult to fill without low-rankers, whilst 1v1's and poly's are almost always easy to fill(unless you're picking shady settings on a shady map).
Lieutenant waauw

Postby xroads on Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:06 am

I would love a point restriction guideline.

I think it would increase the amount of public games out there, especially among the higher ranked players.
Major xroads

Postby clangfield on Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:23 pm

dildobaggins wrote:[DO AWAY WITH THE FOE OPTION]

:roll:

Instead of making someone "FOE" why not examine why? I do it usually because I have a high amount of points and wish to block a low point person from joining again. Once I see they play me I add them to "FOE"
How about when you create a game it has an option of allow point ranges to join? Such as: below 1500, 1500+ (which is most), 1600+, 1700+ and so on... This would be very practical. If someone has a problem with someones attitude and chat they can simply use the ignore button which blocks from seeing the chat. I dont know why people throw fits like children on here saying mommy he or she said this he or she said that to mods. Grow up and face the world. Allow people to play as long as they meet the game set up criteria. Yes, I have like 100 people on my foe list, but I wouldn't mind being able to have the similar ranks join my games. I can ignore the chat of harassment and still have a fun game! :D

[Please instate a rank of joinability button and remove the foe system]

DO AWAY WITH THE FOE OPTION

Specifics/Details:
  • increase games played

This should greatly benefit the site and allow more games to take place, right now its quiet in the speed game area
=D>

It's not just the chat that puts people on a foe list - some people don't like the way others play, a tendency to miss turns, forum posts, or that they reveal positions in fog games (which is chat but you not seeing it doesn't stop them revealing positions to others) which isn't against the rules, but some just don't want to play against people who do that. Foe option has to stay.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby Extreme Ways on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:16 pm

I've read the post but the irony:
This post was made by dildobaggins who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Re: WOW!! another rank restricted games suggestion!! SHOCKER

Postby owenshooter on Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:29 pm

dildobaggins wrote:
*Please instate a rank of joinability button and remove the foe system*

can this be merged with the other multitude of suggestions that are the SAME EXACT THING? thank you... the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby IcePack on Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:00 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:I've read the post but the irony:
This post was made by dildobaggins who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

I had the same issue lol

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: WOW!! another rank restricted games suggestion!! SHOCKER

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:53 am

owenshooter wrote:
dildobaggins wrote:
*Please instate a rank of joinability button and remove the foe system*

can this be merged with the other multitude of suggestions that are the SAME EXACT THING? thank you... the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir

No. None of the other threads were stupid enough to suggest that making it harder to find games will increase the number of games played. I think. Let's not sully their reputation like that.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Return to Suggestions