Conquer Club

New Medal for Number of Games Completed

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

New Medal for Number of Games Completed

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:57 pm

Concise description:
  • New Medal for Number of Games Completed.

Specifics/Details:
  • Make a medal to where once a player reaches X number of games completed, they receive a medal.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Adds another obtainable medal for players.

Feel free to comment on how you support this idea, or if you absolutely hate my guts and comment about why this suggestion is total garbage.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Re: New Medal for Number of Games Completed

Postby IcePack on Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:14 pm

Sounds fun

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:43 pm

No.

Basically identical to all the other x games medals. This encourages single settings play. No beneficial to the site.

No encouragement of interaction with different parts of the site.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby IcePack on Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:53 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:No.

Basically identical to all the other x games medals. This encourages single settings play. No beneficial to the site.

No encouragement of interaction with different parts of the site.

It doesn't exactly encourage single settings play.
Its overall games, so you can pursue this and another medal at the same time (like other settings).
Even speed, freestyle etc would be included here.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:17 pm

IcePack wrote:It doesn't exactly encourage single settings play.
Its overall games, so you can pursue this and another medal at the same time (like other settings).
Even speed, freestyle etc would be included here.

This is kind of what I was going for. For example, if you set the Platinum medal at 5000 games completed, you could play any game and it would count. Regardless of settings. Now you want might to exclude Bot games, but overall I don't think it's a bad idea. Some people prefer to play 1v1 than multiplayer games.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:21 pm

While I do hate your guts, I also support this suggestion. We need ideas to encourage gameplay in general right about now. This will help do that.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:35 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:While I do hate your guts, I also support this suggestion. We need ideas to encourage gameplay in general right about now. This will help do that.

So you have an opinion on what the game count completed would be required for Bronze - Platinum?
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby BuJaber on Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:26 pm

Since it's number of games completed (not won) without additional constraints, if it gets implemented I think it needs a high count: maybe 1k, 5k, 10k, 20k. Should encourage long term commitment. Plenty of other medals to go for if it feels like too much for people.
Major BuJaber

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:32 pm

BuJaber wrote:Since it's number of games completed (not won) without additional constraints, if it gets implemented I think it needs a high count: maybe 1k, 5k, 10k, 20k. Should encourage long term commitment. Plenty of other medals to go for if it feels like too much for people.

20k for platinum is pretty rough. Only 43 people have ever played that many games. I'd probably advocate for 10k or 15k.

Postby IcePack on Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:01 am

BuJaber wrote:Since it's number of games completed (not won) without additional constraints, if it gets implemented I think it needs a high count: maybe 1k, 5k, 10k, 20k. Should encourage long term commitment. Plenty of other medals to go for if it feels like too much for people.

I like this range
1/5/10/20k

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:05 pm

IcePack wrote:

I like this range
1/5/10/20k

Metsfanmax wrote:

20k for platinum is pretty rough. Only 43 people have ever played that many games. I'd probably advocate for 10k or 15k.

20k is rough. I'm not sure I would go that high. Maybe 10. Make the Platinum medal at least obtainable LOL. :D
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby riskllama on Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:21 pm

whilst we're on the subject of new medals, why isn't there an escalating medal? or, for that matter, a zombie medal? there's one for nukes, but not for escalating? wtf, medal maker guys??? esc. is one of THE PRIMARY RISK SETTINGS for gosh sakes!!!
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:34 pm

riskllama wrote:whilst we're on the subject of new medals, why isn't there an escalating medal? or, for that matter, a zombie medal? there's one for nukes, but not for escalating? wtf, medal maker guys??? esc. is one of THE PRIMARY RISK SETTINGS for gosh sakes!!!

When medals were implemented, Lack wasn't interested in giving out medals for the popular default options; the medals were there in part to help encourage the less popular, newer game types.

I think that made sense at the time, when CC was at its peak popularity. Now there's an argument for being liberal with medals as a way to encourage more gameplay.

Postby riskllama on Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:05 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
riskllama wrote:whilst we're on the subject of new medals, why isn't there an escalating medal? or, for that matter, a zombie medal? there's one for nukes, but not for escalating? wtf, medal maker guys??? esc. is one of THE PRIMARY RISK SETTINGS for gosh sakes!!!

When medals were implemented, Lack wasn't interested in giving out medals for the popular default options; the medals were there in part to help encourage the less popular, newer game types.

I think that made sense at the time, when CC was at its peak popularity. Now there's an argument for being liberal with medals as a way to encourage more gameplay.

makes sense.
so how about it, big perm? can we finally have escalating & zombie medals now, please?
CANWECANWECANWE???
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Butters1919 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:35 pm

riskllama wrote:so how about it, big perm? can we finally have escalating & zombie medals now, please?
CANWECANWECANWE???

That would require a change made somewhere on this site other than here. Unfortunately, that does not happen.
Cook Butters1919

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:29 am

Is this still a viable medal suggestion?
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby xroads on Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:15 pm

No

BIgwham said there will be no new medals until the medal system is completely overhauled, and he said that is something he is not interested in doing in the near future.
Major xroads

Postby riskllama on Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:12 pm

:( :( :(
Lieutenant riskllama

Return to Suggestions